McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board
game thread - Printable Version

+- McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us)
+-- Forum: Mac and Wife's Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steelers Talk (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: game thread (/showthread.php?tid=1311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: game thread - mcmillenandwife - 09-17-2018

Stop forcing it to AB. I know he's been crying the whole game, but he's not getting open.

RE: game thread - RaynorShyne - 09-17-2018

Any doubt JuJu is AB's heir apparent?

WTF was that?

Ju-Ju!

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
B. Roethlisberger 37/57 449 3 0

This is insane

Way to WILL your way to a TD, Ben.

Man... please, defense. Find a way to redeem yourselves in this game.

We need a turnover or a 3 & out. It's up to you, defense. How 'bout a Watt strip/fumble/score?

Please no onsides

Redemption can be found in 119 seconds

Stinking defense. 9 yd run on first?

at this point: 778 yards passing in the game

We're done.

1st down

almost a turnover

we'll get the ball back

all out for the block? Miracle AB return?

well, they went for it. Game over

Lame. On you, Tomlin.

Matakevich wasn't really close

RE: game thread - Rollers - 09-17-2018

We'll own this. The men played hard. We'll go to the film and make corrections. Yeah Tim it's on Tomlin and that putrid coaching staff.

How many games is Ben going to throw the ball SIXTY times?

(09-17-2018, 06:27 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: How many games is Ben going to throw the ball SIXTY times?

evidently appears to be a lot at this point with this defense

RE: game thread - Garrett Garlits - 09-17-2018

I had to follow most of this game via computer as my dad shut it off for good after they fell behind 21-0. But I saw and read enough to know just how unspeakably horrible this defense was.

I accept the fact that everyone's going to be torched a few times during a game, but to not even know the basics of tackling and coverage? That's simply inexcusable. As my dad says, the basic idea of defense is to stop the guys in the other jerseys. Not let them make catches and then try for tackles in vain, not hold a good running team to five or six yards rushing at a clip, but STOP them. Mahomes looked absolutely unstoppable, and most of that was because no one even tried to tackle his receivers once they made catches. I don't know if the scheme's wrong, the players are too thickheaded to grasp it, or both, but something needs to be done and done now. Butler's done next to nothing since he took over for Dick LeBeau, and it's probably time for him to go along with a good many of the defensive players. At the very least, the secondary should be benched as a group.

RE: game thread - Garrett Garlits - 09-17-2018

Continuing on.....

I love Ben and don't think he's washed up, and I'm glad to see the type of games that Jesse James and JuJu had. But how do you not at least try to run James Conner more than eight times for seventeen yards after the game he had last week, especially once you've gotten back into the game? Surely they could have used him at least a few more times. If they wait until Bell comes back to put full trust in their running game, it's going to be too late in the year to matter. (That's if he comes back at all, of course.)

You can put Jordan Berry on the same truck out of town as some of the defense. From what I've gathered, he's so busy being cute with trying to kick directionally that it's ruining him. Just boom the ball for the next few games and live with the touchbacks.

Finally, was AB really pouting on the sidelines like I read he was in a few places? This is the type of thing you can't see on the computer. If he was, he ought to be ashamed of himself. Is nine catches not wnough or what?

(09-17-2018, 07:34 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Continuing on.....

But how do you not at least try to run James Conner more than eight times for seventeen yards after the game he had last week, especially once you've gotten back into the game? Surely they could have used him at least a few more times. 

It was 21-0 so fast that the game plan went out the window. There was no benefit to wasting time on runs with Conners or anyone else. It was ineffective all afternoon. Perhaps if KC hadn't come out blazing to start the 3rd quarter and if the defense had continued to show the faint signs of life they displayed in the 2nd quarter, we could've tried to establish a running game. But running simply wasn't going to get it done. 

(09-17-2018, 07:34 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Finally, was AB really pouting on the sidelines like I read he was in a few places? This is the type of thing you can't see on the computer. If he was, he ought to be ashamed of himself. Is nine catches not wnough or what?

AB was indeed throwing full-blown tantrums on the sideline. Very disappointing. But ultimately, not that big of a deal. 

The horrific play of the defense... man... we were astonishingly bad. I can't remember the last time I saw a Pittsburgh defense play this poorly. It was beyond embarrassing. I tell you, I can't continue to watch football like this. I can't. It's not Pittsburgh football. Bad offense, I can stomach. But shit defense, I just can't take. 

So far, this is the worst Pittsburgh defense I have ever seen. Ever. By far. To get ALL that help from the offense, who piled up yardage, scored points and didn't commit even one turnover this week, and STILL lose? Sickening. 

It looks like Tomlin is going to get his first losing season this year.

RE: game thread - Cali-Steeler - 09-17-2018

Year after year we see this with the defense... How many years have the Steelers had to rebuild it? Same old crap every year. And no discipline in the locker room.

All falls on the head coach. I'm sorry for anyone who disagree's but this is how I see it...

(09-17-2018, 10:41 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: All falls on the head coach. I'm sorry for anyone who disagree's but this is how I see it...

I've moved into your corner on this, Cali. I lay these issues squarely at Mike Tomlin's feet as well as the front office.

There's around 2 minutes left in the game and he decides to trust his defense. Based on what? Dunno

well on a positive note we had a decent game thread!