McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board
Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - Printable Version

+- McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us)
+-- Forum: Mac and Wife's Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steelers Talk (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? (/showthread.php?tid=1388)

Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - mcmillenandwife - 11-19-2018

Speechless. Worst game I've ever seen Ben play so far.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - mcmillenandwife - 11-19-2018

Amazing comeback. Wow.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - sandfan - 11-19-2018

Got home to watch the final drive. Thought the Conner drop was the killer but Ben found a way. Another step to the HOF for #7.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - Rollers - 11-19-2018

(11-19-2018, 07:22 AM)sandfan Wrote: Got home to watch the final drive.  Thought the Conner drop was the killer but Ben found a way. Another step to the HOF for #7.

I have no way to comprehend how we can play so poorly for so long against that team.  They seem to own us and we don't really have an answer for it.  Ben can be just horrible at times and I don't get it.  Tired of the OC abandoning the running game so early.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - Cali-Steeler - 11-19-2018

If You listen to Ben Roethlisbergers media clip, he says, >>  (( I didn't know why WE played so poorly, its like they new what plays were coming... ))  That being said, I think the Steelers don't disguise their play calling much.
How many times did I get pissed off yesterday seeing empty back fields on passing downs! Put someone back there! Keep him there as a blocker or dump off pass during check downs.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - Chucktownsteeler - 11-20-2018

Until the 4th quarter the Jags had Ben completely mind-fucked. This has been going on since early in his career. Hopefully this puts those demons to resat.

Unless we play the Rams in the SB this will be the toughest defense we face this year. No one gives the other team credit but they come to play as well. The Jags have had some significant injuries this year or they'd be in the hunt. This is a great defense and an offense riddled with injuries. One-dimensional team.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - dbsfgyd1 - 11-22-2018

I slept through most the game waking up with the PI penalty with 8 seconds left in the game.

As for Ben, the Jags are no joke defensively speaking. Ramsey had an all pro outing, and Campbell is a freak. They had a great game plan for us and isn’t that what you would expect them to do? It did take a while, but we cought on to their plan, and from the end of the 3rd quarter, we had “em”all the way.

Just asking, we did win the game, right? At the end of the season all that counts is another W in the win column.

No time to think about the Rams in the Super Bowl, it’s Broncos week, and these guys are going to be a tough out, especially with our RT situation Vs Vonn Miller...

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - mcmillenandwife - 11-23-2018

(11-22-2018, 12:20 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Just asking, we did win the game, right? At the end of the season all that counts is another W in the win column.

For me, that might have been our most satisfying win of the last 5 years. It came against a team that has had our number, a team I have absolutely HATED since they came into the league. AFC Central foe, Tom Coughlin. Hated 'em then, hate them now.

It's the kind of win we had against Dallas in 2008. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but it's the kind of win that makes me think this team just might have what it takes to go all the way.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - Rollers - 11-24-2018

(11-23-2018, 04:52 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 12:20 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Just asking, we did win the game, right? At the end of the season all that counts is another W in the win column.

For me, that might have been our most satisfying win of the last 5 years. It came against a team that has had our number, a team I have absolutely HATED since they came into the league. AFC Central foe, Tom Coughlin. Hated 'em then, hate them now.

It's the kind of win we had against Dallas in 2008. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but it's the kind of win that makes me think this team just might have what it takes to go all the way.

hold your horses!!!!  They still have the Chargers, the Saints, and the patriots.  I'm convinced Belichick could beat Tomlin playing only 10 guys a side.  I don't see us stopping the Saints.  I still think this secondary is going to get exposed.  Could happen against all three of those teams.  We'll see

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - dbsfgyd1 - 11-24-2018

(11-23-2018, 04:52 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:

I’ve watched this game about 4 times, and what really gets me is how well the D played when they had to. When you are on the field for 37 minutes, gashed for over 200 yards rushing, and only give up 9 points, give up 6 off a turnover, then pitch a 4th quarter, not a shut out, but a complete utter shutdown of the Jags? Unbelievable!!

I’m not joking about the next game. The Broncos are the Jags in a different uniform with a real NFL QB, and another McCaffery type running back. 

As tough a front seven as the Jags, and the corners are good, but not world class. Ben better be bringing his A game, and Connor can’t afford to drop any passes.

From what I understand, we should be able to hit the deep sideline passes if the protection holds up, and that’s a big if. 

Should be a good game. If we don’t fall behind early, we should get out of Dodge with a win.

31-21 Steelers.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - mcmillenandwife - 11-25-2018

(11-24-2018, 10:14 AM)Rollers Wrote: hold your horses!!!!  They still have the Chargers, the Saints, and the patriots.  I'm convinced Belichick could beat Tomlin playing only 10 guys a side.  I don't see us stopping the Saints.  I still think this secondary is going to get exposed.  Could happen against all three of those teams.  We'll see

We're going to the Chargers game. Smokin Can't wait to kick Phillip Rivers' ass.

Rollers, I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em. This team is good enough to go the distance. There's always some luck involved with a Super Bowl run. We're gonna need some things to break our way. But the TEAM is "becoming" what it's supposed to be. Forget the early season struggles. The offense, when clicking, is as good as there is in the game. Special teams, if Boswell shakes his demons, is solid. And the defense is much improved over last year. Not great, but well above average. I'd even say GOOD. Top ten IMO.  

We are playoff-bound. I'm not really worried about the regular season beyond staying healthy. Post-season match-ups will determine how far we go.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - mcmillenandwife - 11-25-2018

(11-24-2018, 10:32 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: I’ve watched this game about 4 times, and what really gets me is how well the D played when they had to. When you are on the field for 37 minutes, gashed for over 200 yards rushing, and only give up 9 points, give up 6 off a turnover, then pitch a 4th quarter, not a shut out, but a complete utter shutdown of the Jags? Unbelievable!!

I’m not joking about the next game. The Broncos are the Jags in a different uniform with a real NFL QB, and another McCaffery type running back. 

As tough a front seven as the Jags, and the corners are good, but not world class. Ben better be bringing his A game, and Connor can’t afford to drop any passes.

From what I understand, we should be able to hit the deep sideline passes if the protection holds up, and that’s a big if. 

Should be a good game. If we don’t fall behind early, we should get out of Dodge with a win.

31-21 Steelers. 

We really missed Tuitt early on vs. Jacksonville. But the Steelers defense did a nice job of adjusting late in the 2nd half. Plus Jacksonville's offensive play-calling was utterly GUTLESS late. No balls whatsoever. 

No Tuitt this week, either, unfortunately. Even so, I feel really good about our chances in Denver. 

Regarding Ben, the Jags were totally in his head. Few teams can pull that off, but they clearly can. The Broncos don't have a similar Jedi mind trick they can use; Ben is going to shine.

Furthermore, I refuse to call Case Keenum a "real NFL QB."

I agree with you, we should get out of Dodge with a win.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - Crash - 11-25-2018

If they go as empty set happy as they did in Jacksonville in Denver they will get crushed.

With Von Miller lurking and two backups at OT they have to leave Conner in the backfield with Ben as the backfield check-down on every play.

RE: Has Ben lost his f-ing mind??? - Cali-Steeler - 11-26-2018

(11-25-2018, 06:19 PM)Crash Wrote: If they go as empty set happy as they did in Jacksonville in Denver they will get crushed.  

With Von Miller lurking and two backups at OT they have to leave Conner in the backfield with Ben as the backfield check-down on every play.

This is what Ive said all along... 

I dont understand why the empty back field deal?.  The Steelers had success last year with bell as the 2nd or 3rd option to dump off if nothing was there.