McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board
AB to 'Vegas...? - Printable Version

+- McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us)
+-- Forum: Mac and Wife's Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steelers Talk (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AB to 'Vegas...? (/showthread.php?tid=1556)

AB to 'Vegas...? - bbbooger - 03-09-2019

AB relocating to Las Vegas...? 
What could go wrong there...? Scared

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - RaynorShyne - 03-10-2019

(03-09-2019, 09:33 AM)bbbooger Wrote: AB relocating to Las Vegas...? 

#27-for-AB makes sense.

Quote:“I don’t think he understands how good he has it.”
—Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, on Antonio Brown.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - bbbooger - 03-10-2019

(03-10-2019, 04:45 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 09:33 AM)bbbooger Wrote: AB relocating to Las Vegas...? 

#27-for-AB makes sense.

Quote:“I don’t think he understands how good he has it.”
—Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, on Antonio Brown.

Agree, but, Arizona bowed out early in the AB sweepstakes...

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - Crash - 03-10-2019

Now see Fitz here basically threw EVERY QB he's had under the bus.

You think ANYONE in the NFL media will report that? Fuck no.

But if Ben says ANYTHING he gets ripped.

If Brown stays on the Steelers, IMO Ben will leave. Brown liking fan tweets who call Ben a rapist? I can't see, or expect, Ben to let that one slide.

Raiders....done.

NO word for what yet.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - mcmillenandwife - 03-10-2019

(03-10-2019, 03:29 PM)Crash Wrote: Raiders....done.

NO word for what yet.

Are you saying a deal with the Raiders has been made? I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Brown to Raiders for a 3rd and a 5th.

Brown gets his team.

Gets $30 million more in guaranteed new money.

Steelers get shit

$21 million in dead money.

May as well trade Ben to Arians and start over.

I knew Colbert would fuck this up, and he didn't let me down.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - Garrett Garlits - 03-10-2019

They could have gotten two ninth-round draft picks in a seven-round draft, and I'd have been happy. The man didn't want to play in Pittsburgh, and no matter what his reason was or how valid he and his defenders think it is, if he didn't want to be here then get the hell out. We've got JuJu to take your place.

Did you really expect Colbert to break the bank with the return he got when everyone knew Brown had to go? The vast majority of you are just looking for reasons to bash everything Steelers. No reasonable return would have satisfied you. (No, a first-round pick wouldn't have been reasonable under these circumstances.)

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - Rollers - 03-10-2019

(03-10-2019, 06:26 PM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: They could have gotten two ninth-round draft picks in a seven-round draft, and I'd have been happy. The man didn't want to play in Pittsburgh, and no matter what his reason was or how valid he and his defenders think it is, if he didn't want to be here then get the hell out.  We've got JuJu to take your place.

Did you really expect Colbert to break the bank with the return he got when everyone knew Brown had to go? The vast majority of you are just looking for reasons to bash everything Steelers. No reasonable return would have satisfied you. (No, a first-round pick wouldn't have been reasonable under these circumstances.)

and when the next guy here gets sick of the organization and pulls the same thing?  I would have been happy with a 1st round pick.  So would the vast majority of people that are fans of this team.  This organization screwed the pooch on this and let a disgruntled player walk when they held all the cards.  Brown most certainly didn't "have to go"  He was under contract and the steelers owned him for two more years.  But of course you would have been happy with anything the Steelers did.  Tomlin can do no wrong right?  Colbert can do no wrong right?  Two winners.  Brown and Rosenhaus.  Steelers are the big losers thanks to Colbert.  He lied about being willing to keep AB and folded.  Now we wait for the next Steelers to pull this same exact crap.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - Rollers - 03-10-2019

(03-10-2019, 04:09 PM)Crash Wrote: Brown to Raiders for a 3rd and a 5th.  

Brown gets his team.

Steelers get shit

Of course he didn't.  You think they'll get anything with those mid round picks?  Of course not.  He folded.  Tucked his tail and ran.  We eat 21 million in dead cap money killing any free agency pickups and go into the season minus the best receiver in football.  Nice!

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - Garrett Garlits - 03-11-2019

Hate to give those who hate this organization more ammunition, but I just saw it reported by KDKA-FM's Andrew Filliponi that the Steelers would have gotten the first-round pick that they wanted from the Bills. It would have been AB and the twentieth pick for the ninth pick and possibly a mid-or-late rounder. But "Mr. Big Chest" flat-out refused to report to Buffalo.

So how is Colbert the villain again? He had the deal in place and Brown and his people refused to go along, which put Buffalo in the position of trading for a player who would have rather retired than play for them. Or did Colbert deliberately plant an untrue story just to take the heat off of himself for being an incompetent bungler, which most of you seem to think he's capable of?

As for sitting him on the bench for three years like some of you seem to think he should have done, how would that have ended the circus? Every camera in Heinz Field would have focused on him every chance they got, and if the Steelers would need him to play, what would have stopped him from dropping passes "accidentally on purpose", thus making sure the Steelers lose and he becomes even more of a martyr?

Simply put, Colbert did the best he could in terrible circumstances.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - Crash - 03-11-2019

So call Buffalo back and trade him for a 7th round pick.

YOu think with all his baby Mama bullshit that Brown would skip checks? He's going broke as it is.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - dbsfgyd1 - 03-11-2019

(03-10-2019, 04:09 PM)Crash Wrote: Brown to Raiders for a 3rd and a 5th.  

Brown gets his team.

Steelers get shit

It was always about the guaranteed money. The same thing with Bell.  The Steelers do not guarantee restructured contracts when bonuses are paid up front. This corporate policy predates Colbert.

The stuff about Ben, 100mph car chase, tweets.. just way to force the issue. Looks like he’s getting $30mil guaranteed.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - mcmillenandwife - 03-11-2019

All I know is, I'm glad he's gone... and I'm even more glad he got shipped to Vegas. A Raider. F-ing perfect. Wavehello

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - RaynorShyne - 03-12-2019

(03-11-2019, 10:15 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: All I know is, I'm glad he's gone... and I'm even more glad he got shipped to Vegas. A Raider. F-ing perfect. Wavehello

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

The $21 mil in dead $$$ will hurt - this year
Hopefully, we can 'transition' to the next generation of Steelers - not bottom out and rebuild.

RE: AB to 'Vegas...? - Chucktownsteeler - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 05:02 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 10:15 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: All I know is, I'm glad he's gone... and I'm even more glad he got shipped to Vegas. A Raider. F-ing perfect. Wavehello

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

The $21 mil in dead $$$ will hurt - this year
Hopefully, we can 'transition' to the next generation of Steelers - not bottom out and rebuild.

If there ever was a year to do it now was the time. They'll get about a 14 million roll-over from Bell and the WR draft class is not bad. Never a good time. 

They got tired of this ass-clown antics. I got money that says he'll be dissing Carr by week 10. I don't see him or Gruden witht he Raiders much past 2 years.