McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board
Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - Printable Version

+- McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us)
+-- Forum: Mac and Wife's Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steelers Talk (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1707)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - Chucktownsteeler - 10-01-2019

Is the dingus being out dingussed"?

No let up now.

I swear the refs react to the WRs calling for a flag.

No call on Watt being held?

Minkah pretty quite tonight.

Nice play Hilton

Let's hold em

Baron looking a little better tonight.

Nice int by Baron in the EZ.

The dingus would have kicked the FG.

I guess everyone went to bed.

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - bbbooger - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:43 PM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Baron looking a little better tonight.

He's shown allot more hustle all night; thinking someone lit a fire under his butt!!

They took a lot of time off the clock to come away with no points.

Still don't have that running game in gear.

Jay-Sam great run and effort.

Time for Ju-Ju.

They got 8 or 9 in the box, throw the rock

To conservative, give Rudolph some practice.

I hereby proclaim Boswell is back.

let's end this with a pick 6.

8 sacks by the D. Something to build on.

Bring on the Rats.

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - mcmillenandwife - 10-01-2019

Nice win. Sharp execution on the field, and I'll say it... good coaching. Admittedly, it was the Bungles. Nonetheless, it was a must-win situation and the team came through. Well done!

Now a chance to potentially be in first place with a win over Baltimore next week. Go get 'em!

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - Rollers - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 01:24 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Nice win. Sharp execution on the field, and I'll say it... good coaching. Admittedly, it was the Bungles. Nonetheless, it was a must-win situation and the team came through. Well done!

Now a chance to potentially be in first place with a win over Baltimore next week. Go get 'em!

samuels receiving the snap from center isn't going to work against the Baltimore D.  I know the Browns gashed them but I'm thinking that an outlier.  Mason is going to have to start throwing deeper balls for us to get back into this.

I agree, a well coached game by the Dingus Fruit Loop and company. It will be tougher next we but we'll take them one game at a time. On to the rats!

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - mcmillenandwife - 10-02-2019

(10-01-2019, 07:23 PM)Rollers Wrote: samuels receiving the snap from center isn't going to work against the Baltimore D.  I know the Browns gashed them but I'm thinking that an outlier.  Mason is going to have to start throwing deeper balls for us to get back into this.

Perhaps true... but we weren't playing the Ravens last night. The coaches' game plan, despite my early frustrations, proved to be near-perfect. I know, I know, it's the Bengals. But that's who we needed to beat, and we did it convincingly. 

I'm not convinced of anything about Baltimore. I knew when they started 2-0 that it was a fluke. It will be a more evenly matched game for us than Cinci was, for sure. But they are not a better team than the Steelers, even with Ben out. We should win this.

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - Rollers - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 12:13 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 07:23 PM)Rollers Wrote: samuels receiving the snap from center isn't going to work against the Baltimore D.  I know the Browns gashed them but I'm thinking that an outlier.  Mason is going to have to start throwing deeper balls for us to get back into this.

Perhaps true... but we weren't playing the Ravens last night. The coaches' game plan, despite my early frustrations, proved to be near-perfect. I know, I know, it's the Bengals. But that's who we needed to beat, and we did it convincingly. 

I'm not convinced of anything about Baltimore. I knew when they started 2-0 that it was a fluke. It will be a more evenly matched game for us than Cinci was, for sure. But they are not a better team than the Steelers, even with Ben out. We should win this.

how much trouble did we have containing the QB and preventing him from picking up yardage in the Hawks game?  Jackson is a whole nother kind of animal when it comes to running.  We'll see how they handle it

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - mcmillenandwife - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 05:11 AM)Rollers Wrote: how much trouble did we have containing the QB and preventing him from picking up yardage in the Hawks game?  Jackson is a whole nother kind of animal when it comes to running.  We'll see how they handle it

True, we have a history of sometimes struggling vs. mobile QBs. But Seattle is a significantly better team than Baltimore IMO.

RE: Week 4 - Game Day Check-in / Game Thread - RaynorShyne - 10-02-2019

We won.  Yay.

Decent coaching - double yay.

Lets get another one.

One win doesn't cure all the team's ill's - however, 1-3 is a shit-ton better than 0-4

Win next week and it's a clean slate.