McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board
Super Bowl Contenders - Printable Version

+- McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us)
+-- Forum: Mac and Wife's Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steelers Talk (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl Contenders (/showthread.php?tid=2329)

Super Bowl Contenders - dbsfgyd1 - 08-02-2021

I just read an article by Jim Wexel recalling his impressions of this years training camp, and that the current odds being 43-1 on being in the Super Bowl should be more like 38 to one. 

He ticked off his reasoning as this defense is looking increadibly good, the new/newer players  are looking solid, the OL minus most of the starters, is looking beastly, Harris is the real deal, solid receiving core, and Ben is looking like Ben again. 

I said for long time, that that the Steelers have been a finesse offense, especially on the OL. They just were not strong enough on the line. You put a couple of big uglies at DT and the Steeler offense became one dimentional, IE Ben. Of course, with the Hall of Famer skilled Ben  they could get away with it. Not now, but he’s going to be good enough and a darn site better than the top 15 QBs in the league.

The interior of Dotson, Green, Banner, and Turner are going to do away with that finesse crap. They are maulers.  Just brute strength in action. When Moore unseats “Casper Millktoast” at LT, hopefully sooner than later,  it is going to be a fun bunch to watch. Almost like the mid 90’s OL.

RE: Super Bowl Contenders - dbsfgyd1 - 08-02-2021

Oh, 11-4!! Anyone else?

RE: Super Bowl Contenders - Chucktownsteeler - 08-03-2021

I could see that and I could also see them not even making the playoffs. Tough schedule and a lot determines on injuries (or lack there-of).

I do agree they have the makings of a fine team. They're on TV this Thursday but we probably won't see many familiar names.

I would like to see the OL paly together as often as possible in the preseason so they can begin to gel. This year's O-line can be better than last year's version.

RE: Super Bowl Contenders - dbsfgyd1 - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 03:43 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: I could see that and I could also see them not even making the playoffs. Tough schedule and a lot determines on injuries (or lack there-of).

I do agree they have the makings of a fine team. They're on TV this Thursday but we probably won't see many familiar names.

I would like to see the OL paly together as often as possible in the preseason so they can begin to gel. This year's O-line can be better than last year's version.

Tough schedule for sure, injuries alway happen. According to Colbert, 10 a year need to be replaced each year. That said, what is being seen and reported from camp is our scrub OL is handling a  pretty good 1st line front 7, especially paving the way for Harris. 

Frankly, I saw enough of Chuks last year. I’m not sure he ever landed a block on the downfield side of the LOS. When Moore is ready, these guys are going to be a handful. You watch.

RE: Super Bowl Contenders - Rollers - 08-03-2021

(08-02-2021, 11:46 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Oh, 11-4!! Anyone else?

11 - 4?