McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board
Preseason: Steelers - Lions - Printable Version

+- McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us)
+-- Forum: Mac and Wife's Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steelers Talk (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Preseason: Steelers - Lions (/showthread.php?tid=2335)

Preseason: Steelers - Lions - RaynorShyne - 08-22-2021

Decent scrimmage:  Ben looked good:  Wonder how much the reported "Washington-complaining" led to the early attention  (3/24);  *great* early scramble by Ben leading to an egregious drop by Ebron.  Harris showed a nice burst.

....and linebackers should never, under any circumstance, wear #8.

RE: Preseason: Steelers - Lions - mcmillenandwife - 08-23-2021

(08-22-2021, 11:45 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote: Decent scrimmage:  Ben looked good:  Wonder how much the reported "Washington-complaining" led to the early attention  (3/24);  *great* early scramble by Ben leading to an egregious drop by Ebron.  Harris showed a nice burst.

That crazy back-and-forth scramble ending with a PERFECT touch throw to Ebron was vintage Big Ben. A thing of beauty. What an embarrassing drop by Ebron Embarassed  although he played pretty well the rest of the way. 

Ben's pump-fake on the first TD to Freiermuth was ridiculous! 8 of 10, 137 yds and 2 TDs, perfect passer rating of 158.3. I know it's preseason, but it was still good to see. 

I also agree with you, Najee Harris showed nice burst, and as predicted, he was deadly in the passing game. He turned what should've been a 4-yard gain into a 46-yarder, setting up Ben's 2nd TD to Freiermuth. Harris is the guy who is going to be making our "splash" plays this year. 

Not impressed with what I'm seeing from Juju. I definitely like his physicality, but he doesn't get open downfield. He has plateaued in my opinion and I get the feeling he's never going to meet the potential he seemed to have early in his career.

RE: Preseason: Steelers - Lions - RaynorShyne - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 12:25 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 11:45 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote: Decent scrimmage:  Ben looked good:  Wonder how much the reported "Washington-complaining" led to the early attention  (3/24);  *great* early scramble by Ben leading to an egregious drop by Ebron.  Harris showed a nice burst.

That crazy back-and-forth scramble ending with a PERFECT touch throw to Ebron was vintage Big Ben. A thing of beauty. What an embarrassing drop by Ebron Embarassed  although he played pretty well the rest of the way. 

Ben's pump-fake on the first TD to Freiermuth was ridiculous! 8 of 10, 137 yds and 2 TDs, perfect passer rating of 158.3. I know it's preseason, but it was still good to see. 

I also agree with you, Najee Harris showed nice burst, and as predicted, he was deadly in the passing game. He turned what should've been a 4-yard gain into a 46-yarder, setting up Ben's 2nd TD to Freiermuth. Harris is the guy who is going to be making our "splash" plays this year. 

Not impressed with what I'm seeing from Juju. I definitely like his physicality, but he doesn't get open downfield. He has plateaued in my opinion and I get the feeling he's never going to meet the potential he seemed to have early in his career.

Just for the love of all that is holy - let's get to Week 1 healthy.    Claypool worried me.

RE: Preseason: Steelers - Lions - gdragon33 - 08-27-2021

the make up of this team reminds me a lot of the mid 90s early 2000 steelers...front seven DOMINATE...great safety in minkah...solid number 1 cb in haden...rest of the back can get shredded...but as long as the blitz gets home theres no time to get deep...even without anyone else great in the secondary can still be number 1 overall defense....offensive line a work in progress...great running back just like we had with bettis...good deep receiving corps...good tight ends...qb maybe a little old but still crafty and can get it done...is every game gonna be easy? hell no..but we can get number 7 this year if stay healthy and get a little luck along the way

RE: Preseason: Steelers - Lions - Rollers - 08-28-2021

(08-23-2021, 12:25 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:

I don't think that was a pump fake.  To me it looked like he was going to throw a pass and realized he needed to pull it back.  I've seen him do that a few times.  A pump fake wouldn't cause him to almost drop the ball like that.  It was an amazing move

RE: Preseason: Steelers - Lions - dbsfgyd1 - 08-31-2021

Tim, as you said you have concerns about Juju not getting open. The WR who is the worst is Washington. A WR job is to present a good target for the QB. Washington doesn’t considering for all the snaps he plays, and how few times he’s a target.

Bobby Layne said it best asked about what made Jimmy Orr a good receiver. He said, “He’s a good receiver because I throw him the ball.”

RE: Preseason: Steelers - Lions - mcmillenandwife - 09-02-2021

(08-31-2021, 12:52 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Tim, as you said you have concerns about Juju not getting open. The WR who is the worst is Washington. A WR job is to present a good target for the QB. Washington doesn’t considering  for all the snaps he plays, and how few times he’s a target.

Bobby Layne said it best asked about  what made Jimmy Orr a good receiver. He said, “He’s a good receiver because I throw him the ball.”

Agreed, Washington is worse. Pi_cry 

My frustration is that Juju is reaching the potential he appeared to have early on.