McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board
Baker Mayfield - Printable Version

+- McMillen and Wife Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us)
+-- Forum: Mac and Wife's Steelers Message Board (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steelers Talk (http://s675307413.onlinehome.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Baker Mayfield (/showthread.php?tid=2426)

Baker Mayfield - mcmillenandwife - 12-26-2021

Baker Mayfield = Laugh

RE: Baker Mayfield - bbbooger - 12-26-2021

Baker gonna Baker… Browns gonna Browns…  Lol

RE: Baker Mayfield - dbsfgyd1 - 12-26-2021

But I hear he sell a lot of insurance…. Great game today Baker.

RE: Baker Mayfield - Cali-Steeler - 12-27-2021

(12-26-2021, 02:02 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: But I hear he sell a lot of insurance…. Great game today Baker.

I wont pile on... As we wont be laughing at the end of the day... Its our turn to have our asses kicked in today by the Chiefs.  

Sad to say this will be a full service clinic. a  > Shit sandwhich.   Pi_shocked   " Theirs no shit emoji here so I had to use the constipated looking emoji "

The Steelers really needed the titans and Colts to lose this weekend.

RE: Baker Mayfield - dbsfgyd1 - 01-03-2022

Actually, that’s the same expression my dog had when the vet took his temp with a rectal thermometer.

RE: Baker Mayfield - Rollers - 01-06-2022

Baker has been playing with a shoulder harness I believe. So the guy's playing hurt and is still trying. How many times did we sack him Monday night? 7? 9? I'm not sure. He was getting the snot kicked out of him. But perhaps he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter full time in the NFL. Will be interesting to see what the Browns do with him

RE: Baker Mayfield - mcmillenandwife - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 02:29 AM)Rollers Wrote: Baker has been playing with a shoulder harness I believe.  So the guy's playing hurt and is still trying.  How many times did we sack him Monday night?  7? 9?  I'm not sure.  He was getting the snot kicked out of him.  But perhaps he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter full time in the NFL.  Will be interesting to see what the Browns do with him

He's definitely been playing hurt, but that's how it goes in the NFL. How many times have we seen Ben with a flak jacket or a special boot or a knee brace or a broken finger/thumb or a smashed flippin' nose and the guy goes out for a play, comes back in and leads the team to an amazing victory? How many games has Big Ben not just won, but performed at a Hall of Fame level while being held together with duct tape? The exception was maybe 2006, but his maladies were pretty extreme that year. 

You have to be able to play hurt in the NFL. Late in the season, everybody is beaten up.

Mayfield does deserve some grace for the injury... but not enough to account for his consistently poor decision making. 

Personally, I hope the Browns keep him for many years to come.  Pi_bigsmile

RE: Baker Mayfield - Rollers - 01-07-2022

(01-06-2022, 02:43 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: He's definitely been playing hurt, but that's how it goes in the NFL. How many times have we seen Ben with a flak jacket or a special boot or a knee brace or a broken finger/thumb or a smashed flippin' nose and the guy goes out for a play, comes back in and leads the team to an amazing victory? How many games has Big Ben not just won, but performed at a Hall of Fame level while being held together with duct tape? The exception was maybe 2006, but his maladies were pretty extreme that year. 

You have to be able to play hurt in the NFL. Late in the season, everybody is beaten up.

Mayfield does deserve some grace for the injury... but not enough to account for his consistently poor decision making. 

Personally, I hope the Browns keep him for many years to come.  Pi_bigsmile

I agree   That's why I said he may not have what it takes.  I think the Browns are pretty close to moving on from him.  I really thought he was going to be the real deal

RE: Baker Mayfield - mcmillenandwife - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 12:07 PM)Rollers Wrote: I agree   That's why I said he may not have what it takes.  I think the Browns are pretty close to moving on from him.  I really thought he was going to be the real deal

He definitely showed flashes last year, didn't he? I'm surprised by (and thankful for) his regression this year. 

It must be a "Cleveland" thing, rollers.  Laugh

RE: Baker Mayfield - Rollers - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 12:59 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 12:07 PM)Rollers Wrote: I agree   That's why I said he may not have what it takes.  I think the Browns are pretty close to moving on from him.  I really thought he was going to be the real deal

He definitely showed flashes last year, didn't he? I'm surprised by (and thankful for) his regression this year. 

It must be a "Cleveland" thing, rollers.  Laugh

I can't imagine being a Browns fan!  Man it must just suck to have your hopes raised year after year only to have them snatched away yet again!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]