Steelers released James Harrison
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

12-24-2017, 06:01 AM

I'm kind of in shock at the moment.

Link >  

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1453223
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2017, 06:08 AM by Cali-Steeler.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-24-2017, 06:48 AM

yeah I bet he would have loved to know he was going to be treated like this before he signed with the steelers. I hope he gets to New England where he can compete for another ring before he retires. He was my favorite steeler. To be honest I'm feeling like I'd love to see him play against us and get 4 sacks
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-24-2017, 08:18 AM

I think AV would have difficulties blocking him.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-24-2017, 08:52 AM

With the LB situation (injuries) I would have cut McCullers before Debo.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-24-2017, 09:07 AM

James, you are a Steelers LEGEND. THANK YOU for all of the great plays, for so many unforgettable moments and for setting the STANDARD at linebacker for a generation. You have always been a playmaker. My first memory of you is a return for a TD vs. Buffalo in 2004. I'll never forget when you intercepted Drew Brees and then leapt over LaDanian Tomlinson like he wasn't even there. Your performance in 2008 was a Hall of Fame-worthy. One for the ages. The NFL had to change the rules because you hit "too hard." Your Super Bowl INT return... best play in Super Bowl history. And this year, you came off the bench to make a huge sack on 3rd and 10 of Alex Smith to secure the win. Thank you for a fantastic career filled with game-changing plays and 110% effort, start to finish. See you in Canton, Debo. 

P.S. -- Favorite moment in the video: At the 4:25 mark, a Bengals assistant tells James, "We don't touch the merchandise, ever," meaning James can't lay a finger on AJ Greene. James responds, "[If the] merchandise comes this way, merchandise is gonna get touched. I LIKE touching merchandise." What ensues is hilarious and ends with Harrison asking the coach, "Do we understand each other? Do we understand each other?" and the coach saying, "We do. I'm sorry, man."  Laugh Laugh Laugh

That's why Debo will go to Canton. And it's also why the Bengals are losers.  Laugh 

Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-24-2017, 09:21 AM

(12-24-2017, 09:07 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: James, you are a Steelers LEGEND. THANK YOU for all of the great plays, for so many unforgettable moments and for setting the STANDARD at linebacker for a generation. You have always been a playmaker. My first memory of you is returning a fumble for a TD vs. Buffalo in 2004. I'll never forget when you intercepted Drew Brees and then leapt over LaDanian Tomlinson like he wasn't even there. Your performance in 2008 was a Hall of Fame-worthy. One for the ages. The NFL had to change the rules because you hit "too hard." Your Super Bowl INT return... best play in Super Bowl history. And this year, coming off the bench to make a huge sack on 3rd and 10 of Alex Smith to secure the win. Thank you for a fantastic career filled with game-changing plays and 110% effort, start to finish. SEE YOU IN CANTON!!!

this
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

12-25-2017, 05:43 AM

<*shock*>
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

12-25-2017, 05:44 AM

" NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport suggested that the likelihood is that Harrison ends up back on the Steelers' roster come Monday."
SimplySonder
Special Teamer

12-27-2017, 05:11 AM

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/94...9338710021 Oh god....
Crash
All Pro Veteran

12-27-2017, 05:46 AM

(12-25-2017, 05:44 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: " NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport suggested that the likelihood is that Harrison ends up back on the Steelers' roster come Monday."

Which means it won't happen.
Krunch
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 06:13 AM

It's reported that he is in Foxboro today...

[Image: belichickthrone.jpg]

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
Crash
All Pro Veteran

12-27-2017, 07:04 AM

And he signed.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 07:56 AM

This is the first time I've had a rooting interest against the Steelers. James, I hope you get five sacks
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 07:58 AM

He will have his way with AV.

The window just closed.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 09:05 AM

I'm sure as long as he's with the Cheats he'll get 3 or 4 holding calls a game.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 09:34 AM

so Tomlin's asinine comment "We needed the people we kept" Really? Does he think everyone is stupid? McCullers had 11 snaps all freaking year. McCullers is gone at the end of the year but we needed McCullers? This will affect the team and there will be NO ONE to blame but Tomlin.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 11:17 AM

Tomlin's grasp of talent and leadership slips again. My opinion anyway. I believe Harrison could have contributed in this stretch run. A heck of a lot more than big Dan.

It's sad to see Harrison treated like a piece of useless trash. Especially considering all he's done for this franchise. I never was a Tomlin fan and this move took me further along that path.
Krunch
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 12:53 PM

Leadership & Motivation - Tomlin is void of it.  Harrison is full of both.  Clueless - Tomlin is full of it.

I will go to my grave hating Tomlin for not inserting Hines Ward, Mr Leadership, Motivation and Clutch at the end of the Super Bowl loss and instead playing young, green receivers.  I belive Hines could have turned that game.  Hines was openly shat upon by Tomlin.

One thing can be counted on.  Whereas Harrison is all business and concentration on his game, Tomlin's little Minie-Me's will be spending all kinds of their time concentrating on their juvenile celebration routines instead of total concentration on their X's and O's.  They will have fun whether they win or not.

Billicheat has the keys to the Steeler's Inner Workings now whether Silverback plays one down or not.

BRILLIANT!

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-27-2017, 03:42 PM

Steelers aren't 'scared' of James Harrison giving Patriots intel

James Harrison's ability to give the Patriots key insight into the Steelers' game plans may be vastly overrated.

On Tuesday night, NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala explained why the Patriots' acquisition of Harrison may not make a huge impact when it comes to Pittsburgh's former pass rusher providing in-game intel on his former team should the two teams face again in the postseason.

Read more: https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-ste...-112764600

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

12-27-2017, 09:57 PM

I wish Debo luck. This is probably his last moments in the sun - I hope he gets playing time. He's an all-time great Steeler, and will be remembered as such. Much the way most folks don't think of Franco as a Seahawk, Debo won't be a Pat for long.

However, what an example of what the NFL really is: an entertainment business. You cut one of your all time greats on Christmas, that same player - the oldest linebacker in the league who should see the writing on the wall - makes a money grab to go to a playoff contender. It's a move that's strictly personal, for personal gain and glory.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-28-2017, 12:47 AM

(12-27-2017, 09:57 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote: I wish Debo luck.  This is probably his last moments in the sun - I hope he gets playing time.   He's an all-time great Steeler, and will be remembered as such.  Much the way most folks don't think of Franco as a Seahawk, Debo won't be a Pat for long.

However, what an example of what the NFL really is: an entertainment business.  You cut one of your all time greats on Christmas, that same player - the oldest linebacker in the league who should see the writing on the wall - makes a money grab to go to a playoff contender.  It's a move that's strictly personal, for personal gain and glory.

yeah no one should be allowed to accept a job offer in order to make money.  He should have made a moral statement and just quit.  I agree.
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

12-28-2017, 03:44 AM

(12-28-2017, 12:47 AM)Rollers Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 09:57 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote: I wish Debo luck.  This is probably his last moments in the sun - I hope he gets playing time.   He's an all-time great Steeler, and will be remembered as such.  Much the way most folks don't think of Franco as a Seahawk, Debo won't be a Pat for long.

However, what an example of what the NFL really is: an entertainment business.  You cut one of your all time greats on Christmas, that same player - the oldest linebacker in the league who should see the writing on the wall - makes a money grab to go to a playoff contender.  It's a move that's strictly personal, for personal gain and glory.

yeah no one should be allowed to accept a job offer in order to make money.  He should have made a moral statement and just quit.  I agree.

A little out of context, but whatever floats your boat.  It's an opinion.   Kind of like how a team can run their club however they want and hire/terminate employees as they see fit.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-28-2017, 05:50 AM

(12-28-2017, 03:44 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:

A little out of context, but whatever floats your boat.  It's an opinion.   Kind of like how a team can run their club however they want and hire/terminate employees as they see fit.
Ok out of context.  The context is he was disloyal to the Steelers right?  He should have took a stand on principle and not signed with the Patriots  A club can ABSOLUTELY do whatever they want as the Steelers did,.  I can then express my opinion that it was the wrong thing to do and that the head coach lied about the reason they did it.  To say a guy a like McCullers had more value to the team than James is a lie.  Pure and simple.  Just cut him and move on. He had every right to sign with the pats and I fervently hope it comes back to bite Tomlin in the A$$.  SO whatever floats your boat.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

12-28-2017, 07:02 AM

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/9...3059551232
Crash
All Pro Veteran

12-28-2017, 07:23 AM

This one is brutal

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/94...9916523522
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-28-2017, 08:02 AM

then he got what he wanted and I take back everything good I said about him
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

12-28-2017, 01:33 PM

James Harrison says he asked for release three times

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...hree-times
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

12-28-2017, 01:36 PM

(12-28-2017, 05:50 AM)Rollers Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 03:44 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:

Ok out of context.  The context is he was disloyal to the Steelers right?  He should have took a stand on principle and not signed with the Patriots  A club can ABSOLUTELY do whatever they want as the Steelers did,.  I can then express my opinion that it was the wrong thing to do and that the head coach lied about the reason they did it.  To say a guy a like McCullers had more value to the team than James is a lie.  Pure and simple.  Just cut him and move on. He had every right to sign with the pats and I fervently hope it comes back to bite Tomlin in the A$$.  SO whatever floats your boat.

Dude - back off the puchbowl.  When the fuck did I say anything about disloyalty?  There ISNT loyalty.  Its business.  If he wants to play, and someone is willing to give a contract - God bless them both.

However, if you think there's a lot more tread on those tires - you're stoned.   There's a reason he was riding the bench.  Time catches us all, brother.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-29-2017, 04:18 AM

To me this isn't much different than the Browns releasing Joe Haden and we signing him. I don't see the scrabble.

Harrison wanted to play, do ride the pine. Haden wanted to play for a chance at the Super Bowl.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

12-29-2017, 05:41 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSFS2C-WkAA-8Jo.jpg