Hey Tim!!!!
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-10-2018, 03:29 AM

Remember this????
Really, you think our offense will only put up 13? I'm surprised by that.

Smile
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-10-2018, 07:46 AM

(09-10-2018, 03:29 AM)Rollers Wrote: Remember this????

Smile

Not sure what your point is. They scored 3 TDs, even with 6 turnovers (5 by Ben, who should flippin' know better) and 110+ yards worth of penalties.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-10-2018, 09:29 AM

The game was overd when they decided to turtle in the 4th and try to protect our precious defense.

Roosevelt Nix adds nothing to this team.

If they aren't going to value modern NFL football? Trade Ben and blow it up.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-10-2018, 09:30 AM

(09-10-2018, 07:46 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 03:29 AM)Rollers Wrote: Remember this????

Smile

Not sure what your point is. They scored 3 TDs, even with 6 turnovers (5 by Ben, who should flippin' know better) and 110+ yards worth of penalties.

never mind
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-10-2018, 09:32 AM

(09-10-2018, 09:29 AM)Crash Wrote: The game was overd when they decided to turtle in the 4th and try to protect our precious defense.  

If they aren't going to value modern NFL football?  Trade Ben and blow it up.

Ben looked like crap today.  He looked like he didn't want to be out there.  Horrible throws.  Could be a long year I think.  I'll take the chiefs next week and lay 6 points.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-10-2018, 10:04 AM

When someone types the usual tired tripe that Ben doesn't want to play? I don't bother discussing this team with them.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-10-2018, 10:10 AM

(09-10-2018, 10:04 AM)Crash Wrote: When someone types the usual tired tripe that Ben doesn't want to play?  I don't bother discussing this team with them.

I'll try to survive
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-10-2018, 10:19 PM

(09-10-2018, 09:29 AM)Crash Wrote: The game was overd when they decided to turtle in the 4th and try to protect our precious defense.  

If they aren't going to value modern NFL football?  Trade Ben and blow it up.

I'm blown away at how sloppy Ben was. Some of it was the weather, I get that; the INT's bother me less than the sack/fumbles. And the Conner fumble just makes me sad, because he had been SO damn good all day. He's young so I give him a pass. But Ben? Dude, you KNOW better. Give a team the ball that many times and it's not going to end well for you. 

I'm not sure you can make the argument that the offense did ANYTHING to protect the defense with 6 turnovers (including gifting them the ball on the 1-yard line). They hung them out to dry all day. But I get your point, Crash; very disappointing to see the defense give up the tying TD so easily after looking reasonably solid for 3-1/2 quarters.  

Complete shit game. Apparently, Randy Fichtner is not a savior on offense. Essentially a loss against a below-average team that we should've beaten handily.

Kansas City looked pretty damn impressive yesterday. We're going to have our hands full next Sunday.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-11-2018, 02:01 AM

I wasn't shocked at all. Ben has ALWAYS for the most part been bad after coming off long layoffs.

Just like last seasons opener there, Ben hardly had any work in the preseason this year, and Brown didn't have any work at all.

Bryant's gone, Bell isn't here, Rogers is hurt, and James Washington doesn't play.

When Justin Hunter and Ryan Switzer are your #3 and #4 WR's? You have problems.

They have ONE healthy serviceable tight end, James. McDonald has been hurt since he walked in the door just like Ladarious Green was. Grimble sucks.

Ben threw that TD pass to Brown? They then ran the ball on 12 of their next 16 plays. Can't expect ANY QB to maintain any kind of rhythm when you bog him down like that, especially when he played less than a half of pre-season football.

The Packers need a tight end for their franchise QB? They go and get Jimmy Graham. The Steelers still just HOPE that McDonald could stay healthy.

The MINUTE AB publicly lobbied for Dez White to sign with us? The Steelers should have done their due dilligence and at least worked him out and spoke with him. A lot of #1 WR's get too protective of their spot to lobby for another #1 type WR. When Brown was on board with it? The Steelers should have pursued it. White could have been this years Joe Haden for the offense.

AB/JuJU/Bryant as the #1-#3? Good luck NFL defenses.
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-11-2018, 04:05 AM

Before you go off the rails: Bryant is slow, and had rock hands his last year in Dallas. also - he's a basket case. In Texas, they LOVE them some Cowboys, and will forgive almost any transgression - and Dez wore out his welcome big time. What's he doing now? Oh, yes. Twitter Troll. Doesn't sound like a 'receiving threat' if every other team is taking a pass. Perhaps he and Kapernick should go to Buffalo, eh? Immediate Super Bowl.

It was raining all day and the conditions were deplorable. Two of the interceptions were semi-excusable. Conner did exceptionally well, and Watt was an animal. The team is 1/2 game behind Cincy and Baltimore.

Week 1 done. 15 more to go. 3 months from now, the opener will be a long distant memory.

Peter King said it best, "It’s Overreaction Monday, the same as it is after the first Sunday of every NFL season. It’s the time when we can confidently say—this year—that Matt Ryan’s done, the Ravens are winning the Super Bowl, the Bills are going 0-16, the Browns will win nine, Watson and Garoppolo are frauds, Tyreek Hill is some combination of Barry Sanders and Bob Hayes, and somehow, some way we all fell for the Chargers again and the Chargers can only break our hearts; it’s an NFL rule."
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-11-2018, 05:08 AM

Peter King is garbage. It's not an overreaction when this offense has sucked for years. All Fichtner did yesterday is pick up where Haley left off. JuJu off the field for 21 snaps? Nix and Grimble combine for 41 snaps? That's flat out idiocy.

Matt Ryan, minus one year in the Shanahan offense has always been an overrated dome thrower. He was shit last season and he'll be shit shit this season.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-11-2018, 09:36 AM

so sick of nix
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-11-2018, 10:42 AM

Villy was no help to Ben at all
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-11-2018, 11:11 AM

If Small Al worked at Pizza Hut he wouldn't be on this team.
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-14-2018, 01:09 PM

(09-11-2018, 10:42 AM)Rollers Wrote: Villy was no help to Ben at all

He was going against a beast.   He's not the first OL that Garrett made look foolish.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-14-2018, 06:58 PM

(09-14-2018, 01:09 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote:

He was going against a beast.   He's not the first OL that Garrett made look foolish.

and?  Like I said he was no help.  His job is to block the "beasts"  If he can't then Ben is going to be on his back a lot because he's going to face every teams "beast"
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-15-2018, 09:39 AM

(09-14-2018, 06:58 PM)Rollers Wrote:

and?  Like I said he was no help.  His job is to block the "beasts"  If he can't then Ben is going to be on his back a lot because he's going to face every teams "beast"

I take it you've never seen Miles Garrett play before last week.....
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-15-2018, 11:06 AM

(09-15-2018, 09:39 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 06:58 PM)Rollers Wrote:

I take it you've never seen Miles Garrett play before last week.....
you know it doesn't matter.  does it?  So let me get this straight since you're so much smarter than I am.  You're left tackle protecting the blind side of a right handed QB is supposed to be the best pass blocker on the team no?  But I'm supposing that what you mean is Villy will do fine against the run of the mill guys out there but the really good ones are going to beat him like a drum.  Is that it?  Well that's good news.  Or maybe he won't face a guy as good as Garret again, so we can always hope for that.  Good?
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-15-2018, 11:25 PM

No Eeyore.  Get off your cynical high horse for a damn minute.  Alejandro Villanueva is good left tackle.  He's as good as any other average left tackle.  Is he the best on our line?  No.  I'd put him fourth or fifth.  Myles Garrett is a transitional player.  He was hurt a lot of his rookie season, but he's healthy now.  Unlike Joe Thomas - who's only fault was he couldn't block the entire defense, Garrett has to beat one, maybe two, guys.  He did.  Regularly.  He finished with two sacks, two forced fumbles, two hurries and a pass breakup while playing every single snap of a physical game that went into overtime.   Did 'Villy' play every snap?  No, he didn't.  He got his ass kicked by a player who's going to kick a lot of assess this year.  Offensive coordinators are going to have to scheme against him.  This was his first game out of the chute, and 'Villy' was left alone until the friggin 3rd quarter when they started giving him occasional help - which didn't help.

I know you're off your meds, and maybe need some nice herbal tea, but get this through that dense skullcap of yours - this isn't last year's Browns.   It's also game ONE of a long season, and the first time the offensive unit has taken active snaps against a team out to get them.  They were sloppy, rusty, and didn't execute worth a damn.   Is that a precursor for the season, or some mystical foretelling of future doom? No.  It. Was.  One.  Damn.  Football.  Game.   Get over it.  The Chiefs are next .  New week, new life.   A new opportunity for 'Villy' and the rest of the offense, to redeem themselves.

And for the record - I never said I was smarter than you, I was merely saying Garrett was good and had a good day.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 12:11 AM by RaynorShyne.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-16-2018, 07:50 PM

(09-15-2018, 11:25 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote: No Eeyore.  Get off your cynical high horse for a damn minute.  Alejandro Villanueva is good left tackle.  He's as good as any other average left tackle.  Is he the best on our line?  No.  I'd put him fourth or fifth.  Myles Garrett is a transitional player.  He was hurt a lot of his rookie season, but he's healthy now.  Unlike Joe Thomas - who's only fault was he couldn't block the entire defense, Garrett has to beat one, maybe two, guys.  He did.  Regularly.  He finished with two sacks, two forced fumbles, two hurries and a pass breakup while playing every single snap of a physical game that went into overtime.   Did 'Villy' play every snap?  No, he didn't.  He got his ass kicked by a player who's going to kick a lot of assess this year.  Offensive coordinators are going to have to scheme against him.  This was his first game out of the chute, and 'Villy' was left alone until the friggin 3rd quarter when they started giving him occasional help - which didn't help.

I know you're off your meds, and maybe need some nice herbal tea, but get this through that dense skullcap of yours - this isn't last year's Browns.   It's also game ONE of a long season, and the first time the offensive unit has taken active snaps against a team out to get them.  They were sloppy, rusty, and didn't execute worth a damn.   Is that a precursor for the season, or some mystical foretelling of future doom? No.  It. Was.  One.  Damn.  Football.  Game.   Get over it.  The Chiefs are next .  New week, new life.   A new opportunity for 'Villy' and the rest of the offense, to redeem themselves.

And for the record - I never said I was smarter than you, I was merely saying Garrett was good and had a good day.

ROFL.  You're hilarious.  childlike yet hilarious   as to my meds I take them regularly!!!!!   I got over it after the game was over.   I LOVE herbal tea.  Drinking some right now.  But it's nice to know we can depend on villy to get his ass kicked by the good ones.  I'll look for that to happen.   Biggrin   Thanks for giving me a chuckle this early in the morning.  loved it .   Now back to my herbal tea and trying to get this damn skull cap to fit right!!!!