LAKE'S TAKE ... One and Done ???
The Lakelander
Hall of Famer

01-11-2018, 01:08 AM

LAKE'S TAKE ... One and Done? ...

> I don't see Ben having a good game Sunday ...

> Jacksonville's defense is one of the best 2 in the NFL ... Their front 4 on defense is really good (maybe even old Steel Curtain good?) ... Forget about Le'Veon Bell having a big game! He's going to get stuffed !!! ...

>This is exactly the type of game Big Ben lays a turd ... When was the last time Big Ben had a meaningful game snap? ... (*Answer: THREE weeks ago!) ...

> Tomlin's record after bye weeks isn't stellar. Further it seems the Steelers are looking ahead to New England, by example of Mike Mitchell's dumbass remarks ...

> Ben does NEED to have a big game passing, but this is the kind of game that frankly could PUSH BEN into retirement. If he stinks it up at home against a very solid D and the Steelers go one and done, Big Ben retires !!! ...

> One the flip side is Jacksonville's offense ... Leonard Fournette is a big bruising RB and the Steelers don't particularly tackle well. Bortles isn't a good QB, but he can win this game with his legs by converting a few 3rd and long situations and sustaining ball control for Jacksonville's offense long enough to keep the Killer B's chances reduced ...

> If the Steelers squeak on by Jacksonville, it will be a close game won in the waning minutes ... maybe a Chris Boswell field goal again ... Or this could be the situation the conspiracy theorists describe persistently whereby the refs do just enough to get the Steelers by ... more so for the NFL's ratings (rather than for getting Tomlin, Dan Rooney even, another Lombardi) ...

> This game, if won, will take the emotion right out of the Steelers. It will be a knock down drag out! ... No WAY the Steelers waltz into Gillette Stadium afterwards and win in New England. It's not happening. It's a peyote pipe dream ...

> The Steelers have dominated nobody in 2017 ... it's been a weekly slop fest for the most part ...

> SHOULD the Steelers win this one? Absolutely! It's not hard to figure out what the Steelers defense needs to do to prevent Jacksonville from scoring ... SHUT ... DOWN ... FOURNETTE ... ? ... I have images of some unknown WR or TE wearing Black and Teal streaking past a completely out of place Mike Mitchell for the go ahead Jacksonville TD early in the 4th Quarter Sunday and taking the collective oxygen right out of Heinz Field ... It's TYPICAL TOMLIN !!! ...

> Aren't you ready for this? ... You SHOULD BE by now ...

Big Grin Super Bowl or Bust !!! ... (I'm guessing "Bust") ... but hey ... 
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-11-2018, 01:55 PM

Nothing surprises me about this team anymore. Nothing. I will watch with hope but knowing that this defense is just awful when it comes to needing a stop. Thank god the Brown's receiver did what Brown's do and dropped the ball. The read on this game is that you run the ball. Well do you think they will know this? I can't wait for those first two runs up the gut by Bell to get stuffed and that third down pass into the teeth of the 2nd ranked pass defense in the league. Ben can pull that off though with AB JU JU and Bryant. I look for a win this weekend. But with our coordinators hell anything is possible
The Lakelander
Hall of Famer

01-16-2018, 01:38 PM

I get no love around here ... 

... then again, I give very little love here these days ...

Big Grin Super Bowl or Bust !!! ... (I'm guessing "Bust") ... but hey ... 
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

01-17-2018, 04:00 AM

(01-11-2018, 01:08 AM)The Lakelander Wrote: LAKE'S TAKE ... One and Done? ...

> I don't see Ben having a good game Sunday ... (Minus one or two passes, Ben had a good-to-great game on Sunday)

> Jacksonville's defense is one of the best 2 in the NFL ... Their front 4 on defense is really good (maybe even old Steel Curtain good?) ... Forget about Le'Veon Bell having a big game! He's going to get stuffed !!! ... (He got stuffed every time he ran outside the tackles.  Jacksonville was surprisingly weak inside.  As a receiver, he was dangerous)

>This is exactly the type of game Big Ben lays a turd ... When was the last time Big Ben had a meaningful game snap? ... (*Answer: THREE weeks ago!) ... (See first comment above)

> Tomlin's record after bye weeks isn't stellar. Further it seems the Steelers are looking ahead to New England, by example of Mike Mitchell's dumbass remarks ... (Spot on with this one.  LeVeon too)

> Ben does NEED to have a big game passing, but this is the kind of game that frankly could PUSH BEN into retirement. If he stinks it up at home against a very solid D and the Steelers go one and done, Big Ben retires !!! ... (It's the kind of game that'll have fans saying a 13-3 was a disappointment.  From the kneeling, to the drama - I'm done with this season.  Ben said he's coming back.   LB is going to be drama)

> One the flip side is Jacksonville's offense ... Leonard Fournette is a big bruising RB and the Steelers don't particularly tackle well. Bortles isn't a good QB, but he can win this game with his legs by converting a few 3rd and long situations and sustaining ball control for Jacksonville's offense long enough to keep the Killer B's chances reduced ... (Bortles channeled his inner Joe Montana - and the Jacksonville RB's had their way)

> If the Steelers squeak on by Jacksonville, it will be a close game won in the waning minutes ... maybe a Chris Boswell field goal again ... Or this could be the situation the conspiracy theorists describe persistently whereby the refs do just enough to get the Steelers by ... more so for the NFL's ratings (rather than for getting Tomlin, Dan Rooney even, another Lombardi) ... (Indeed, it came to the end - at a much, much higher score than anyone could have dreamed - and came down to a crappy ass coaching decision)

> This game, if won, will take the emotion right out of the Steelers. It will be a knock down drag out! ... No WAY the Steelers waltz into Gillette Stadium afterwards and win in New England. It's not happening. It's a peyote pipe dream ... (Evidence is saying this would have been true)

> The Steelers have dominated nobody in 2017 ... it's been a weekly slop fest for the most part ... (Evidence is saying this was true)

> SHOULD the Steelers win this one? Absolutely! It's not hard to figure out what the Steelers defense needs to do to prevent Jacksonville from scoring ... SHUT ... DOWN ... FOURNETTE ... ? ... I have images of some unknown WR or TE wearing Black and Teal streaking past a completely out of place Mike Mitchell (Vince Williams) for the go ahead Jacksonville TD early in the 4th (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) Quarter Sunday and taking the collective oxygen right out of Heinz Field ... It's TYPICAL TOMLIN !!! ... (Evidence is saying this was true)

> Aren't you ready for this? ... You SHOULD BE by now ... (Evidence is saying this would have been good to give to our defense.  However, Williams spent the week putting a "5-0" on his pads.....)