New OC: "Imma Need You in Training Camp"
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

01-18-2018, 07:01 AM

With a new OC coming on board, the Le'Veon Bell situation rears it's ugly head.  

New Offense, new playbook, etc.  Bell and most of the Offense only know the one way.  OTA's and Training Camp are going to take on a special emphasis this next year.   Don't need any prolonged hold outs.
Crash
Hall of Famer

01-18-2018, 09:09 AM

My guess is the playbook won't change. But the needless shit like the OL's running pass patterns and high school formations will.

Unless they use more of the Arians playbook which they did the past two years.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

01-18-2018, 10:36 AM

I'd like to see the bubble screen go away for a while...

I can't tell you how many times teams have seen that coming.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 10:37 AM by Cali-Steeler.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-18-2018, 12:05 PM

Ok glad Haley is gone. But we played good enough offense to win that game. OUR DEFENSE SUCKS AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT. That' all
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-19-2018, 12:20 AM

Sometimes silence is deafening.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 12:21 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

01-19-2018, 04:18 AM

(01-18-2018, 12:05 PM)Rollers Wrote: Ok glad Haley is gone.  But we played good enough offense to win that game.  OUR DEFENSE SUCKS AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.  That' all

Cameron Heyward Takes Blame For Players In Loss: ‘Coaches Can Only Do So Much’

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/cameron-heyward-takes-blame-players-loss-coaches-can-much/  

“In our defense, it relies on a lot of trust and guys being in their gaps”, he said. “When guys aren’t sound we put our team at a disadvantage”. He went on:

Instead of being in your gap you think you can go make a play. And sometimes guys try to make too many plays. It sucks sometimes because I know these guys can make the plays. We have to execute as a defense. That happens in this game. It comes with younger guys. We have to learn from that. We have to be a complete unit that understands it’s one agenda. Everyone has to be accountable for their gaps. Everyone has to be accountable for run and pass. I look forward to righting that wrong. I know we can’t do it this instant. But we have a whole offseason to think about it.

Simplifying Defense To Get Younger Players On Field Has Been Double-Edged Sword

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/simplifying-defense-get-younger-players-field-double-edged-sword/

"..... to field its most talented defense, but it has also come along with unfinished products that lack the fundamentals and chemistry that builds cohesive units. While it has been important for players such as Ryan ShazierStephon TuittArtie Burns, and Bud Dupree to get on the field quickly, and enter starting roles even in their rookie season, they have brought with them in their playing time the primary mistakes that are being talked about."
Crash
Hall of Famer

01-19-2018, 06:26 AM

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/954087294645960704
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-20-2018, 09:19 AM

(01-19-2018, 04:18 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 12:05 PM)Rollers Wrote: Ok glad Haley is gone.  But we played good enough offense to win that game.  OUR DEFENSE SUCKS AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.  That' all

Cameron Heyward Takes Blame For Players In Loss: ‘Coaches Can Only Do So Much’

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/cameron-heyward-takes-blame-players-loss-coaches-can-much/  

“In our defense, it relies on a lot of trust and guys being in their gaps”, he said. “When guys aren’t sound we put our team at a disadvantage”. He went on:

Instead of being in your gap you think you can go make a play. And sometimes guys try to make too many plays. It sucks sometimes because I know these guys can make the plays. We have to execute as a defense. That happens in this game. It comes with younger guys. We have to learn from that. We have to be a complete unit that understands it’s one agenda. Everyone has to be accountable for their gaps. Everyone has to be accountable for run and pass. I look forward to righting that wrong. I know we can’t do it this instant. But we have a whole offseason to think about it.

Simplifying Defense To Get Younger Players On Field Has Been Double-Edged Sword

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/simplifying-defense-get-younger-players-field-double-edged-sword/

"..... to field its most talented defense, but it has also come along with unfinished products that lack the fundamentals and chemistry that builds cohesive units. While it has been important for players such as Ryan ShazierStephon TuittArtie Burns, and Bud Dupree to get on the field quickly, and enter starting roles even in their rookie season, they have brought with them in their playing time the primary mistakes that are being talked about."

yeah cause that Defense that took 4 - 5 years to learn really worked great