Welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers, Keion Adams
SteelThePain82
Hall of Famer

04-30-2017, 02:31 PM

NFL Draft Profile l CBS Draft Profile
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

05-01-2017, 10:38 PM

I watched this reel too, and am also impressed. There is some reservation about his "length". Not saying he's going to be the next Debo, but Harrison isn't exactly a Wilt Chamberlain either. I like the edge rushers that can use leverage gained by being a little shorter and squatty. When this kid get to about 255 lbs, he's going to be a handful.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

05-01-2017, 11:49 PM

(05-01-2017, 11:13 PM)The Lakelander Wrote: Yep, he'll get strengthened in Pittsburgh for sure ... that said, I don't GET it how his size is an issue frankly ... he's the same damn size as Alabama's Tim Williams and a few other top ranked OLB draftees who were taken in earlier rounds ...

It is going to be measured in his heart, his game speed, his ability to learn, and his ability to make plays ... these kids are always a long shot ...  

Travis Feeney was snagged off the Steelers practice squad last season by New orleans. It would have been nice to see what a second year kid could do with a full year under his belt, but Feeney would have never started in Pittsburgh anyways ... 

Keion Adams is basically Feeney's replacement the way I see it ... a long shot developmental kid ...

I'm not so sure Feeney would have made it here as one of our traditional style linebacker. IMO, he was more of a 4/3 OLB type, or even a hybrid saftey/linebacker with that speed of his. Did he even hit the field for New Orleans?