The greatest need in the draft
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-24-2018, 03:18 AM

has to be ILB. There is a good crop and the consensus is Evans is our man. I posted a few links in the coffee shop below. The first 3 rounds need to be: ILB, S, ILB. However it wouldn't surprise me if we slipped a WR in there. I read the Steelers may move Sutton to S, perhaps a position more fitting his skill set. It's funny to type this but CB may be our most set position on defense. I look for the Steelers to restructure Ben, Tuitt, and perhaps Haden's contract to free up a bit of money for the cap. We also need to sign a veteran ILB and I have attached a list of a few of the free agents below. Slim pickens to say the least. Bowman was from Penn State but he is a bit injury prone. May Avery Williams would be one I'd kick the tires on (young and played in OMD's defense). 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2018ILB.php

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
SteelThePain82
Hall of Famer

01-24-2018, 04:44 PM

(01-24-2018, 03:18 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: has to be ILB. There is a good crop and the consensus is Evans is our man. I posted a few links in the coffee shop below. The first 3 rounds need to be: ILB, S, ILB. However it wouldn't surprise me if we slipped a WR in there. I read the Steelers may move Sutton to S, perhaps a position more fitting his skill set. It's funny to type this but CB may be our most set position on defense. I look for the Steelers to restructure Ben, Tuitt, and perhaps Haden's contract to free up a bit of money for the cap. We also need to sign a veteran ILB and I have attached a list of a few of the free agents below. Slim pickens to say the least. Bowman was from Penn State but he is a bit injury prone. May Avery Williams would be one I'd kick the tires on (young and played in OMD's defense). 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2018ILB.php

Would have to agree with you there C-Town, ILB is definitely top priority.
They NEED starters and depth!

One other discussion topic that we were having on the facebook group was the potential switch to the Tampa 2 defense.
We run a base 3-4 now, but we hardly ever play out of it.
Wouldn't it make MORE sense just to transition into a 4-3 at this point?
That cuts your need at MLB in half and allows you to focus on Safety as well!

If they insist on keeping the 3-4 which seems the MOST likeliest of scenarios here, they'll need to find a TRUE Nose Tackle at some point on top of the needs at ILB and Safety.

I also agree on the restructures to make the cap work, though believe that they should cut ties with Mike Mitchell.
For as much as MM costs in cap space comparable to what he brings to the field...
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-25-2018, 12:06 AM

Really doesn't matter who we draft on defense. We kept the guys coaching that defense. The same guys that really haven't developed a LB lately
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-25-2018, 02:18 AM

Well, of course, our greatest need... is the need for Sweed.  Pi_bigsmile
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-25-2018, 02:33 AM

We have a need.....

A need for Sweed............

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

01-25-2018, 01:34 PM

Leighton Vander Esch would be loved in steeltown. If we got him in round 2, it'd be a steal