Bell rumor
Crash
Hall of Famer

01-30-2018, 01:38 PM

Set to sign an extension worth 5 years, $81 million, $50 million guaranteed with the Steelers.  

Not sure I like that move.  Too much wear and tear on him already.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-30-2018, 06:07 PM

(01-30-2018, 01:38 PM)Crash Wrote: Set to sign an extension worth 5 years, $81 million, $50 million guaranteed with the Steelers.  

If true... he's earned it. He is the absolute BEST at his position in the NFL. I certainly understand your concerns. Worth the risk IMO.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

01-30-2018, 08:30 PM

He may be the best but he's not worth double the package of the next best. I don't believe that happens on any other team throughout the league for any position. Brady does not earn double Rodgers or any other top 5 QB. AB does not. Etc.

One drug test or knee injury could cripple the team. Combining loss of service with loss of cap space. It's a poor gambol in my view.

I'd rather sign him then trade him for draft choices. Let Bell take his ego elsewhere.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-30-2018, 11:19 PM

(01-30-2018, 08:30 PM)sandfan Wrote: He may be the best but he's not worth double the package of the next best.  I don't believe that happens on any other team throughout the league for any position.  Brady does not earn double Rodgers or any other top 5 QB.  AB does not. Etc.

One drug test or knee injury could cripple the team.  Combining loss of service with loss of cap space.  It's a poor gambol in my view.

I'd rather sign him then trade him for draft choices.  Let Bell take his ego elsewhere.

gambol - 
  1. run or jump about playfully.
    "the mare gamboled toward Connie"
    synonyms:
    frolicfriskcavortcaperskipdanceromppranceleaphopjumpspringboundbounceMore

noun

an act of running or jumping about playfully.'

I LIKE THAT!!!!!! Smile
Crash
Hall of Famer

01-31-2018, 04:38 AM

If he's drug suspended the money is off the books.
bbbooger
Starting Lineup

01-31-2018, 05:58 AM

(01-30-2018, 08:30 PM)sandfan Wrote: He may be the best but he's not worth double the package of the next best.  I don't believe that happens on any other team throughout the league for any position.  Brady does not earn double Rodgers or any other top 5 QB.  AB does not. Etc.

One drug test or knee injury could cripple the team.  Combining loss of service with loss of cap space.  It's a poor gambol in my view.

I'd rather sign him then trade him for draft choices.  Let Bell take his ego elsewhere.

^^ THIS^^ $16.2M per! Way too much money for a RB... Any RB... even L'V Bell... With as many problems as we've got on defense that money would have been much better spent there: ILB x 2 or 3, SS, FS, CB... I'm not encouraged by this move at all (if true...) IMHO just another example of the kind of bad decision making that will equal more of the same: playoffs one-and-done Pi_careless
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 06:23 AM by bbbooger.)
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

02-02-2018, 05:18 AM

(01-30-2018, 06:07 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 01:38 PM)Crash Wrote: Set to sign an extension worth 5 years, $81 million, $50 million guaranteed with the Steelers.  

If true... he's earned it. He is the absolute BEST at his position in the NFL. I certainly understand your concerns. Worth the risk IMO.

If true, current player contracts and fictional 'market conditions' continue.  A man pushing an inflated ball down a field, playing a game the majority of Americans recreationally play for free, for $16M+ is ludicrous. 

For consistence sake, I also think a man being coddled and pampered for 3 months, all expenses paid, playing 'pretend' and talking to a ball (Tom Hanks, 'Castaway') and 'justifyably' getting $20M is also asinine.
Crash
Hall of Famer

02-06-2018, 11:05 AM

A source just told me today that the ice under Bell keeps getting thinner within the organization in regards to his future with this team. He apparently was not "cooperative" with the team officials leading up to the game yesterday and that pissed some higher ups in the organization off to no end.

Great, more fucking drama, and it's not even March yet.