1980 AFC Playoffs Raiders 14 at Browns 12
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-02-2018, 01:57 AM

1980 AFC Playoffs Raiders 14 at Browns 12

A classic. The "Kardiac Kids" lose a heartbreaker in a -37 degree wind-chill when Brian Sipe, poised to win the game at the Oakland 15 yard line with less than a minute to play, throws his infamous "Red Right 88" interception in the endzone to seal it for Oakland. You could hear a pin drop in Cleveland Municiple Stadium after the pick. Kicker Don Cockroft puts on a pitiful display for Cleveland, missing 2 FGs and a PAT, perhaps prompting Sipe's ill-fated pass from within chip-shot FG range. Even as a Steelers fan, I can't help but feel a little sorry for the Brownies... after all, the '94 AFC Championship game is still remarkably fresh in MY mind, even after 25 years. What a horrible feeling! That '80 Browns team was something special and was probably Cleveland's best shot at winning a Super Bowl. Video includes nearly 40 minutes of pregame material. 
Crash
All Pro Veteran

03-18-2018, 06:27 AM

Bahahahahahahahahahaha
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-25-2018, 09:18 PM

(03-18-2018, 06:27 AM)Crash Wrote: Bahahahahahahahahahaha

Laugh

Perfectly stated.  Thumbsup
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

04-02-2018, 04:32 AM

Before the game, WKYC in Cleveland wraps up the Browns' season to date and takes a look at the invading Raiders. Then, NFL '80 has highlights of the previous day's playoff games, commentary and picks from Pete Axthelm (who chooses the Raiders), a feature on Jim Brown, and an NFL Films-produced silent film parody about the Kardiac Kids with the Steelers as (what else?) the villains.
mpavlov677@aol.com
Special Teamer

07-21-2018, 04:14 AM

(03-02-2018, 01:57 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: 1980 AFC Playoffs Raiders 14 at Browns 12

A classic. The "Kardiac Kids" lose a heartbreaker in a -37 degree wind-chill when Brian Sipe, poised to win the game at the Oakland 15 yard line with less than a minute to play, throws his infamous "Red Right 88" interception in the end zone to seal it for Oakland. You could hear a pin drop in Cleveland Municiple Stadium after the pick. Kicker Don Cockroft puts on a pitiful display for Cleveland, missing 2 FGs and a PAT, perhaps prompting Sipe's ill-fated pass from within chip-shot FG range. Even as a Steelers fan, I can't help but feel a little sorry for the Brownies . . . after all, the '94 AFC Championship game is still remarkably fresh in MY mind, even after 25 years. What a horrible feeling! That '80 Browns team was something special and was probably Cleveland's best shot at winning a Super Bowl. 

That '80 Browns team along with the Browns teams of '86 and '87 we're Cleveland's best shots at representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.  Even as a Steelers Fan, I can't help but feel a little sorry for the Brownies and for all of the Cleveland pro sports franchises: Indians (MLB), Cavaliers (NBA) and short lived-Barons (NHL); only 1 world championship for Cleveland, Ohio since the Brownies upset the Johnny Unitas-led and Don Shula-coached Baltimore Colts in the 1964 NFL Championship Game (2015-16 Cleveland Cavaliers, NBA)