Pre-Draft Visit Tracker (Sticky Please!!)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

04-28-2018, 07:56 PM

no clue on this draft. Maybe Washington can play some next year but that's probably it. Now we got three QBs that won't play. If Rudolph had been as good as you say he would have been taken by someone by then. Washington has times in the 40 from 4.45 to 4. 62. That's not taking the top off any defense. Chemistry on those two doesn't matter since Rudolph won't even sniff the field this year. Now you have to dumpster dive on linebackers and hope. Oh well. I guess we'll see
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

04-29-2018, 08:08 AM

(04-28-2018, 07:56 PM)Rollers Wrote: no clue on this draft.  Maybe Washington can play some next year but that's probably it.  Now we got three QBs that won't play.  If Rudolph had been as good as you say he would have been taken by someone by then.  Washington has times in the 40 from 4.45 to 4. 62.  That's not taking the top off any defense.  Chemistry on those two doesn't matter since Rudolph won't even sniff the field this year.  Now you have to dumpster dive on linebackers and hope.  Oh well.  I guess we'll see

Like I said, Colbert has helped build Super Bowl Winners.  A lot more than Rollers and Raynor have.   I'm going to try to have faith in they know what they're doing   

Nor are Super Bowls won in April - else the Brown and the Redskins would be the all-time champs.

Looking forward to a great 2018
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 08:10 AM by RaynorShyne.)
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

04-29-2018, 09:19 AM

All in all a pretty solid draft and with the recent free agency signings I am pleased. I'd like to see them bring in an UDFA punter to camp. Our punter was near the bottom of the league.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Rollers
Hall of Famer

04-29-2018, 12:20 PM

(04-29-2018, 08:08 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 07:56 PM)Rollers Wrote: no clue on this draft.  Maybe Washington can play some next year but that's probably it.  Now we got three QBs that won't play.  If Rudolph had been as good as you say he would have been taken by someone by then.  Washington has times in the 40 from 4.45 to 4. 62.  That's not taking the top off any defense.  Chemistry on those two doesn't matter since Rudolph won't even sniff the field this year.  Now you have to dumpster dive on linebackers and hope.  Oh well.  I guess we'll see

Like I said, Colbert has helped build Super Bowl Winners.  A lot more than Rollers and Raynor have.   I'm going to try to have faith in they know what they're doing   

Nor are Super Bowls won in April - else the Brown and the Redskins would be the all-time champs.

Looking forward to a great 2018

I think if they're planning on playing the 1st pick at linebacker I'm better with it.  He has almost the exact same size as Ryan and he'd be a fast linebacker.  I hadn't thought of that when they drafted him.  So maybe that's the plan
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

04-29-2018, 04:37 PM

I hate speaking ill of Shazier, please don't get me wrong. But I read last season he led the Steelers with 26 missed tackles. He missed the last few games as well and still led the team. I think the article said Sean Davis was 2nd with 24 missed tackles but he played all 16 games. As fast and athletic as Shazier was he over ran a ton of plays and had poor tackling technique. He never wrapped up and I do believe his technique led to his injury. Watching him walk the other night tells me he'll never play again.

So, we got a S that will may be a hybrid LB, with good technique, the WR that won the Blinikoff award last season for best in college, a QB that most had a #1 pick that will be our starter after Ben retires, a monster size tackle that will play R and L (Munch will coach him up), some depth for the DL (hopefully McCullers is shown the door, he had all of 17 snaps last year), a hybrid RB. TE/ WR out of NC, and a safety from Penn State that is a viscous tackling machine.

I think it a solid draft that could end up being very special.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2018, 04:19 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

05-01-2018, 01:23 PM

(04-29-2018, 04:37 PM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: So, we got a S that will may be a hybrid LB, with good technique, the WR that won the Blinikoff award last season for best in college, a QB that most had a #1 pick that will be our starter after Ben retires, a monster size tackle that will play R and L (Munch will coach him up), some depth for the DL (hopefully McCullers is shown the door, he had all of 17 snaps last year), a hybrid RB. TE/ WR out of NC, and a safety from Penn State that is a viscous tackling machine.

I think it a solid draft that could end up being very special.

I like this post.  Thumbsup  

STAMP OF APPROVAL!!!  Smokin Smokin Smokin
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

05-03-2018, 09:14 AM

Steelers Rookie FA's

Name                      Pos.                College
Parker Cothren         DT                  Penn State
Jarvion Franklin        RB                  Western Michigan
Greg Gilmore            DE                  LSU
Quadree Henderson  WR                 Pittsburgh
Trey Johnson           CB                  Villanova
Pharoah McKever      TE                  North Carolina State
Patrick Morris            C                   TCU
Ikenna Nwokeji         OL                  Elon
Olasunkanmi Adeniyi  LB                  Toledo
Chris Schleuger           G                  UAB
Jamar Summers          CB                UCONN
Matthew Thomas       LB                  Florida State
Kendal Vickers           DE                  Tennessee
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2018, 09:17 AM by RaynorShyne.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

05-03-2018, 10:37 AM

I"m hoping Mathew Thomas just might turn into something