1985 Steelers 45 vs Colts 3
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

06-13-2018, 07:16 PM

1985 Steelers 45 vs Colts 3

Mark Malone completes 21 of 28 for 287 yds and 5 TDs (tying Bradshaw's single-game record) and runs for another TD in perhaps his finest day as a pro. Lipps also has a career day with 9 catches for 154 yds and 3 TDs, and Stallworth adds 6 catches for 65 yds and a TD. Pittsburgh moves the ball well in the 1st half, scoring on all but one possession en route to a 24-3 halftime lead, and ultimately outgains Indy 445-159. While Malone shines, QB Art Schlichter struggles, completing 12 of 24 for 107 yds and 2 INTs (2 sacks) before injuring his right knee late in the 4th quarter. Includes pregame material hosted by Rocky Bleier featuring player interviews and a short post-retirement interview with Jack Lambert. A special thanks to Jay Korber for providing us with this game!
Garrett Garlits
Starting Lineup

06-14-2018, 07:51 AM

The features Tim talked about are a piece about the history between the Steelers and the Colts, a look at the game from the previous year (it's not on this site yet, at least I don't think so), the interview with Lambert, and a piece from NFL '85 in which Pete Axthelm calls the NFL the greatest sporting event "that doesn't happen over two minutes on the first Saturday in May", in other words, the Kentucky Derby.

Embarrassing Moment #1: The graphics department from WPXI misidentifies the Immaculate Reception as having happened on December 12, 1972. Come on, guys, it's only the most famous sporting event in Pittsburgh history (except, possibly, for Maz's home run in the 1960 World Series).

Embarrassing Moment #2: WPXI sportscaster Jim Brinson mindlessly babbles after the Lambert piece that the Steelers are ready to move on "to bigger and better things" after Jack's retirement. There's a reason this ham-and-egger never made it in Pittsburgh, folks. Hyping the players who are still on the team is one thing; minimizing the contributions of a Hall of Famer, even unintentionally, is something else.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 07:53 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

06-14-2018, 09:35 AM

(06-14-2018, 07:51 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Embarrassing Moment #2: WPXI sportscaster Jim Brinson mindlessly babbles after the Lambert piece that the Steelers are ready to move on "to bigger and better things" after Jack's retirement. There's a reason this ham-and-egger never made it in Pittsburgh, folks. Hyping the players who are still on the team is one thing; minimizing the contributions of a Hall of Famer, even unintentionally, is something else.

Agreed, I couldn't believe that he actually said, "bigger and better things." It's like, WTF game have YOU been watching for the last decade, you alpaca-looking f---???  Mad Mad Mad  

Was that too harsh?  Pi_shocked Laugh

Nah. Probably not harsh enough. "Bigger and better things," indeed.  Pi_careless

[Image: lambert_art.jpg]
Crash
All Pro Veteran

06-22-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:WPXI sportscaster Jim Brinson mindlessly babbles after the Lambert piece that the Steelers are ready to move on "to bigger and better things" after Jack's retirement.

Reminds me of when Bob Pompeani said they were looking for "big things" out of BACKUP QB Bruce Gradkowski during a preseason game. I about fell out of my chair.

Friggin' ass hat.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

06-22-2018, 04:42 PM

https://twitter.com/jimmybradio