Dez Bryant
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

08-02-2018, 03:30 AM

With AB actively campaigning for him,  and the guys from Bleacher Report calling him a "perfect fit" (https://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers)

What say you?

I don't feel we need a lost-a-step Diva WR in the mix.  AB is solid, JuJu is slowing a ton of promise as a #2 - and we have a pack behind them competing for slots.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

08-02-2018, 03:45 AM

(08-02-2018, 03:30 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: With AB actively campaigning for him,  and the guys from Bleacher Report calling him a "perfect fit" (https://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers)

What say you?

I don't feel we need a lost-a-step Diva WR in the mix.  AB is solid, JuJu is slowing a ton of promise as a #2 - and we have a pack behind them competing for slots.

What does "Bleacher Report" know about a perfect fit? Maybe they think we should get Legarrette Blount back, too? Or Martavis Bryant? Who else can we count on to pout and not finish if things don't go their way?

I'm with you... I don't see it. No more crybaby Divas, please.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

08-02-2018, 04:07 AM

Don't need him, don't want him. Diva cry baby.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
Hoos
Special Teamer

08-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Look for Bell to pull a Lagarrette Blount this season. Hmm...what can he do to have his tag pulled or be cut? Hmmm...
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

08-02-2018, 11:20 PM

(08-02-2018, 01:12 PM)Hoos Wrote: Look for Bell to pull a Lagarrette Blount this season. Hmm...what can he do to have his tag pulled or be cut? Hmmm...

That would be financially foolish.   I'm sure if he had his way, "Imma-Need-15-17" (Apparently had to adjust for inflation) would like to lead the league in rushing and top 100 receptions - otherwise a 28 yo RB isn't going to command a 5yr / $85 mil contract.  (the Steelers reportedly offered a total of $70 million over five years (or $14 million per season))

However, as stated on 247, he only has himself to blame if he doesn't like his other teammates (Conner?) receiving more publicity than he is these days. He chose to turn down Pittsburgh's longterm offer. He chose to skip camp for a second consecutive year. He chose to distance himself from his teammates. He apparently was OK with his agent saying that 2018 will likely be his final season in Pittsburgh. While he is well within his rights to make the decisions he's made, Bell now needs to deal with and accept the consequences for his actions.   Pittsburgh fans are notoriously loyal to the franchise - not necessarily players.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 11:28 PM by RaynorShyne.)
Crash
Hall of Famer

08-04-2018, 05:46 PM

Steelers say no interest but with AB's unknown injury and prognosis I'd say that could change if the money's right.

AB/Dez/JJ/Washington as the top 4? Good luck NFL defenses.