Defense
Rollers
Hall of Famer

08-26-2018, 05:55 AM

I want to check out the d on the first few series.  Looking for some improvement.  But then I'm the eternal optimist
Rollers
Hall of Famer

08-26-2018, 12:46 PM

Defense played really well tonight. Nice pressure from the interior push and Williams played well. Matakevich ain't starting. bostic I guess. Dupree had a little pressure as well. Overall an encouraging performance
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

08-26-2018, 01:48 PM

(08-26-2018, 12:46 PM)Rollers Wrote: Defense played really well tonight.  Nice pressure from the interior push and Williams played well.  Matakevich ain't starting.  bostic I guess. Dupree had a little pressure as well.  Overall an encouraging performance

Certainly better than last game.  Thumbsup
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-01-2018, 09:35 AM

I *want* to like Bud Dupree - I really do - but he always seems to "play slow".

Ola Adeniyi - I want to *not* like him.... but I do. Kid's got hustle
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-02-2018, 08:18 PM

(09-01-2018, 09:35 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: I *want* to like Bud Dupree - I really do - but he always seems to "play slow".  

Ola Adeniyi - I want to *not* like him....  but I do.   Kid's got hustle

I thought he would struggle to make the roster.  Looks like he's in no?  I am sick about them missing on Jarvis Jones and now Bud Dupree.  Not sure either pick was considered a reach at the time they grabbed those two but they were two horrific misses.  I'm not sold on Watt either by the way.  I think Edmunds was a big reach where they drafted him as well.  If he doesn't start then what was the point?  He was supposed to be some kind of hybrid linebacker/safety.  Not gonna happen.  I wish we had taken best player at that spot.  Someone else here said Adeniyi would make the roster and I thought he MIGHT get to the practice squad. I just hope we get something out of him this year.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-05-2018, 04:47 AM

Defense? I thought we we bucking tradition by not fielding one at all this year. Just goes to show how much I know....
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-05-2018, 04:54 AM

(09-02-2018, 08:18 PM)Rollers Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 09:35 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: I *want* to like Bud Dupree - I really do - but he always seems to "play slow".  

Ola Adeniyi - I want to *not* like him....  but I do.   Kid's got hustle

I thought he would struggle to make the roster.  Looks like he's in no?  I am sick about them missing on Jarvis Jones and now Bud Dupree.  Not sure either pick was considered a reach at the time they grabbed those two but they were two horrific misses.  I'm not sold on Watt either by the way.  I think Edmunds was a big reach where they drafted him as well.  If he doesn't start then what was the point?  He was supposed to be some kind of hybrid linebacker/safety.  Not gonna happen.  I wish we had taken best player at that spot. 

Someone else here said Adeniyi would make the roster and I thought he MIGHT get to the practice squad. I just hope we get something out of him this year.

Jones was a major league whiff if we ever had one. When I saw his college  highlight reel of career his sacks, of which  he was only blocked on one of them, a 120 lb wr, I knew we bought a load of crap. Nice kid, but way over rated, plus his hand got screwed up his rookie year.

Dupree reminds me of Carlos Emmons. A tremendous physical specimen, just not a real good football player. I’m afraid Bud is just another guy that can’t turn the corner on an Offensive Tackle.