Link >  https://www.steelers.com/news/four-steel...ed-for-hof
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-14-2018, 01:07 PM

(09-14-2018, 08:01 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: F

Hines Ward, Cowher, Faneca, Everette

Faneca for sure should get in?

Link >  https://www.steelers.com/news/four-steel...ed-for-hof

Eventually the three Steelers *should* make it inWard, Cowher, and Faneca.  Cower will suffer from being an announcer, Ward will suffer because sportswriters are stupid asses.  Faneca gives all the 'in the trenches' freak every-single-reason to put an all time great OL in.

Everette was a friggin Cowboy.  Was "Imma-Need-17" before LeVeon ever thought about football.  Was traded 2 games into the 1992 season over a contract dispute.

Couldn't care less.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 01:07 PM by RaynorShyne.)
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-14-2018, 01:18 PM

Sigh - just noticed that Greg Lloyd finally fell off the nominee list.

5 time Pro-Bowler

53.5 sacks in 10 years. 10 Interceptions, 659 tackles, forced 34 fumbles, with 15 fumble recoveries, 45 opposing QB's who soiled themselves before halftime.

http://steelcurtainrising.com/2018/07/gr...asty.html/
ECboy
Special Teamer

09-16-2018, 05:49 AM

Greg Lloyd is my all-time favorite Steeler and Bill Cowher my favorite coach but neither guy is a HOF'er.
Faneca and Ward will both get in eventually.
And Thomas Everett? Seriously, I must be missing something.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-16-2018, 09:46 PM

(09-16-2018, 05:49 AM)ECboy Wrote: Greg Lloyd is my all-time favorite Steeler and Bill Cowher my favorite coach but neither guy is a HOF'er.

Dilly, Dilly.  Thumbsup

Lloyd just isn't quite there for me, even though he remains one of my all-time favorites. He's definitely close... but because he wasn't a "seminal" figure at his position (he wasn't a guy who defined or redefined OLB for a generation) I feel like he needed to play at a Hall of Fame level for a longer period of time. He had 4-5 great years. I think he needed at least 8-9 to be HOF-worthy.

Cowher is closer for me. If he had one more Super Bowl, there wouldn't even be a question about it. If he came back to coaching, I think he'd further prove himself worthy. There are a number of teams that would be falling all over themselves to get him. Would any of you feel good about it if Cowher went to a division rival? But I feel like he still falls just a little short. 

Faneca and Ward, yes to both, without question.

Thomas Everett??? WTF? One Pro Bowl, never an All-Pro, 21 career INTs? You've got to be f-ing kidding me?  Scared

How 'bout Donnie Shell, people???!!! 14 incredibly productive seasons, 51 career INTs, 5 Pro Bowls, 3 times All-Pro. And Shell's excellence wasn't just a byproduct of playing as part of the Steeler dynasty; 37 of his INTs came AFTER the Steelers were done winning Super Bowls in that era. He wasn't the beneficiary of a great front 4/front 7 the way people like Peter King will make him out to be because they think there are too many Steelers in Canton. Donnie Shell should be there.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-17-2018, 12:46 AM

(09-16-2018, 09:46 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 05:49 AM)ECboy Wrote: Greg Lloyd is my all-time favorite Steeler and Bill Cowher my favorite coach but neither guy is a HOF'er.

Dilly, Dilly.  Thumbsup

Lloyd just isn't quite there for me, even though he remains one of my all-time favorites. He's definitely close... but because he wasn't a "seminal" figure at his position (he wasn't a guy who defined or redefined OLB for a generation) I feel like he needed to play at a Hall of Fame level for a longer period of time. He had 4-5 great years. I think he needed at least 8-9 to be HOF-worthy.

Cowher is closer for me. If he had one more Super Bowl, there wouldn't even be a question about it. If he came back to coaching, I think he'd further prove himself worthy. There are a number of teams that would be falling all over themselves to get him. Would any of you feel good about it if Cowher went to a division rival? But I feel like he still falls just a little short. 

Faneca and Ward, yes to both, without question.

Thomas Everett??? WTF? One Pro Bowl, never an All-Pro, 21 career INTs? You've got to be f-ing kidding me?  Scared

How 'bout Donnie Shell, people???!!! 14 incredibly productive seasons, 51 career INTs, 5 Pro Bowls, 3 times All-Pro. And Shell's excellence wasn't just a byproduct of playing as part of the Steeler dynasty; 37 of his INTs came AFTER the Steelers were done winning Super Bowls in that era. He wasn't the beneficiary of a great front 4/front 7 the way people like Peter King will make him out to be because they think there are too many Steelers in Canton. Donnie Shell should be there.

Donnie Shell has been the one man that really bothers me by not getting in.  Guy was just phenomenal.  There was some talk about the voters not wanting to vote anymore steelers in because of the number that were going in every year.  I hope that's not the case.  51 INTS certainly paints a picture of a DB being worthy of the hall.  Great reminder of Shell Tim
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-17-2018, 02:35 AM

Donnie Shell no doubt should be in. Did I mention he wasn't drafted?

No a lessor point I always thought Mike Wagner should be considered. Am unsung hero of the Steeler dynasty, IMHO.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-17-2018, 04:23 AM

"Yoi!, and Double Yoi! how do you keep Donnie outta 'dere?!?!?"