Classified Ad
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

05-07-2017, 10:05 AM

After a day of diligently completing this weeks Honey Do ( IT NOW!!) list, I've come across some mementos of past Steeler Glory. I used to subscribe to Sports Illustrated during the 70's Dynasty years, and kept most of the issues of that decade. I remember that SI issues with the 60's Packers were a hot items about ten years ago, and was wondering if anybody has a feel for how much these may bring in?

I also have a Richard Mendenhall Authentic Chinese Knock Off Game Jersey, made in Vietnam, for sale CHEAP if any body is interested.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

05-08-2017, 06:57 AM

I bought numerous articles (mostly signed) by players of a few of the pro teams in Detroit. These came via my suite connections at the various arenas in town. Add in some other collectibles and my son's room, as he was growing up, was pretty cool. Now that he's left home and lost interest in all the stuff I've begun to see if any of it is marketable.

I guess you can try E-Bay or Let Go to test the waters. Or maybe a site dedicated to the Steelers. I've not had much success but that may stem from me living in Pawleys Island SC and far afield from Detroit. Hope you have better luck than me.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

05-08-2017, 07:00 AM

(05-07-2017, 10:05 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: I also have a Richard Mendenhall Authentic Chinese Knock Off Game Jersey, made in Vietnam, for sale CHEAP if any body is interested.

Laugh Oooo! Oooo! How much???
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

05-10-2017, 12:59 AM

(05-08-2017, 07:00 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 10:05 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: I also have a Richard Mendenhall Authentic Chinese Knock Off Game Jersey, made in Vietnam, for sale CHEAP if any body is interested.

Laugh Oooo! Oooo! How much???

I hate to admit it, I actually own it!! LOL!! AND there is visible evidence on this site to this fact. Years ago, the Saturday before the 49er game when Harrison was supspended, I met SuperSteeler for breakfast at a pancake house. Harrison was also having breakfast there, and Supe got Harrison to take a picture with us, most reluctantly I might add. Supe posted it on the site. For those that remember the picture, I'm fessing up, it was not an Andy Russell Jersey......
Crash
All Pro Veteran

05-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Depending on the condition, if you have the Perry Tuttle cover of SI when Clemson won their first title, and the Steve Prefontaine cover when he was running at Oregon?  Back in the day those two issues used to go for big bucks.  

Same for Jordan's NC title win over Georgetown cover.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

05-20-2017, 04:09 PM

Those rip off jersey's from china are top notch.

I got this one, for Christmas this year, waaaaaaaaaaay too big but the quality is top notch, all sewn: 

[Image: C_P1BisUAAAYmol.jpg:large]