Monster contract turned down
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-26-2018, 04:15 AM

Le'Veon (leaving) Bell turned down a monster contract earlier in the year. This is what happens when an agent gives bad advice and its taken. Bell has not only lost $16.5 million for 2 years, he has about 2.6 million in 3 games of the tag $14.5 million franchise. When you factor in the short shelf life of an NFL RB he has lost money chances are he'll never recoup. 

We can probably all agree that $70 million is a lot of money, but apparently, it wasn't enough to get Le'Veon Bell to sign a new deal in Pittsburgh. 
According to NFL.com, the Steelers made one final offer to Bell on Monday, just hours before the NFL's 4 p.m. ET deadline for teams to negotiate a new contract with their franchise player. The offer from the Steelers was worth a total of $70 million over five years (or $14 million per season). Although the offer would have given Bell the largest multi-year contract of any running back in the NFL, he turned it down, and one reason he likely did that, is because it was nowhere near his asking price, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of $17 million per season.
One other reason Bell might have turned the deal down is because it apparently wasn't loaded with any substantial guarantees. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the contract included $33 million in guaranteed money, which was going to be paid out over the first two years. Rapoport also noted that the first three years of the deal would pay out $45 million (or $15 million per season), but didn't note if all of that money was guaranteed. As for the final two years of the deal, it seems that Bell had no guaranteed money. Of course, none of this matters now, since Bell didn't take the offer. 

Read more: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveo...-steelers/

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

09-26-2018, 11:30 AM

33 Mill Guaranteed? If he tears his knee in the first two years and lets say his careers over for some weird reason, Your telling me he would only get 33 Million guaranteed? HOW'S HE SUPPOSE TO LIVE off of that? I mean 33 Million dollars?

No one can live off of 33 Million... Smile
sandfan
Hall of Famer

09-26-2018, 08:40 PM

Sign and trade with any team willing and able to pay the boy the cash he demands and will offer some semblance of reasonable compensation for Pittsburgh's troubles. The team made an error putting the exclusive franchise tag on Bell. If they took the other route this soap opera might have been over months ago.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-27-2018, 12:35 AM

He has already lost more money than he'll ever recoup. I guess he missed his Economics 101 class at MSU. 

Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 12:35 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

09-27-2018, 12:45 AM

(09-26-2018, 11:30 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: 33 Mill Guaranteed? If he tears his knee in the first two years and lets say his careers over for some weird reason, Your telling me he would only get 33 Million guaranteed? HOW'S HE SUPPOSE TO LIVE off of that?  I mean 33 Million dollars?

No one can live off of 33 Million...    Smile

Well, you'd have to budget.....and there's always Ramen.

Poor guy
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

09-27-2018, 01:02 AM

(09-27-2018, 12:45 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 11:30 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: 33 Mill Guaranteed? If he tears his knee in the first two years and lets say his careers over for some weird reason, Your telling me he would only get 33 Million guaranteed? HOW'S HE SUPPOSE TO LIVE off of that?  I mean 33 Million dollars?

No one can live off of 33 Million...    Smile

Well, you'd have to budget.....and there's always Ramen.

Poor guy

Then he would also have to budget for his blunt partys... > When Martavis and Legarrete Blount come over >