Imma Need to report during bye week
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

10-02-2018, 11:47 PM

During interviews, he indicated teams like the New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers, Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles as clubs who might be interested in him.

“I know the guaranteed money will be there (in March). If a team wanted to, they could definitely do what they needed to do to make me happy and satisfied.”

So; he's at least man enough to admit that team, championships, etc are all secondary.   He's in it for the money.  I can respect that he's honest.

Any intelligent team would have to offer him "x" amount guaranteed to sign him, but I would then offer the league minimum guaranteed year to year with everything else based on performance.  Rush for 1,200 yards and catch 80 balls - he'll make a mint.   Go down game 2, the organization is protected.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

10-03-2018, 07:57 AM

(10-02-2018, 11:47 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote: During interviews, he indicated teams like the New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers, Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles as clubs who might be interested in him.

“I know the guaranteed money will be there (in March). If a team wanted to, they could definitely do what they needed to do to make me happy and satisfied.”

So; he's at least man enough to admit that team, championships, etc are all secondary.   He's in it for the money.  I can respect that he's honest.

Any intelligent team would have to offer him "x" amount guaranteed to sign him, but I would then offer the league minimum guaranteed year to year with everything else based on performance.  Rush for 1,200 yards and catch 80 balls - he'll make a mint.   Go down game 2, the organization is protected.

Bell is going nowhere. Pretty much what I expected is going down. The Steelers will franchise tag him, and if we end up with him, we will use the cap savings from his missed games this year for his Sal-Cap hit next year. If we let him go to the highest bidder, maybe we can use the 6 million dollars he forfeited this year on a defensive play maker or two ( and Butler wakes from his stupor and figures out how to use the).  Make no mistake, the Steelers still control his sorry *ss.