1994 Steelers 14 vs Eagles 3
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

05-08-2017, 10:29 AM

1994 Steelers 14 vs Eagles 3

An absolutely SUPERB defensive performance by the Steelers! A long return by Herschel Walker on the opening kickoff sets up an Eagle FG but the Steeler Curtain (90's Edition) gives Philly NOTHING, playing perhaps their most dominating game of '94 (which is saying a lot). While the Steeler offense flounders for 3-1/2 quarters, plagued by off-target passes and an uncharacteristic case of drop-itis by Yancey Thigpen, the Blitzburgh defense allows only 105 total yards and absolutely crucifies Randall Cunningham, who finishes the game a pathetic 9 of 27 for 59 yards, 3 sacks and a back-breaking 4th quarter INT (Darren Perry) as the snowflakes fly. I love defensive slugfests, so this is among my favorite 90's-era games. 
Garrett Garlits
Starting Lineup

08-01-2017, 12:34 PM

Before the game, Terry Bradshaw returns to Pittsburgh for Fox NFL Sunday. After the game, highlights from NFL Prime Time.

As an editorial comment, the interviews Terry did with the defense are a perfect example of why I didn't exactly care for a lot of them as people. They tossed aside the Steel Curtain and demanded to be respected on their own terms before they'd earned a thing, and they never even came close to the heights that the Steel Curtain attained. I like the approach of the 2000s Steelers better; they paid proper homage to those who came before, knowing that they'd be respected for their own accomplishments if they won a ring or two, which is exactly what has happened.