Steelers - Falcons pick em
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-03-2018, 10:53 AM

Chaos continues.  12 men on the field on D  several times this year.  Indication that they are communicating much better.  Joey Porter covering his eyes in frustration.  Doesn't get any better than that.  Two weeks in a row zero offense in the second half.  Still can't tackle or cover anyone.  Love the DBs looking at ech other after almost every pass. 

Atalanta - 34
Steelers - 24
bksteeler
All Pro Veteran

10-03-2018, 01:24 PM

If we don't score 45, we don't win. Even if we score 45, we might not win.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

10-04-2018, 12:45 AM

Falcons 45

Steelers 21

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

10-04-2018, 02:25 AM

Steelers 28 Falcons 52
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-04-2018, 06:52 AM

Falcons by 30.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-04-2018, 10:26 AM

(10-04-2018, 06:52 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Falcons by 30.
I'd be interested in your real thoughts
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-04-2018, 10:14 PM

(10-04-2018, 10:26 AM)Rollers Wrote:

Steelers by 30.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-05-2018, 12:28 AM

(10-04-2018, 10:14 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 10:26 AM)Rollers Wrote:

Steelers by 30.

ok.  never mind
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

10-06-2018, 09:44 AM

This one will be a shootout, but in a game in which both AB and Julio Jones will have two touchdown receptions and at least one of the quarterbacks will throw for five hundred yards, it's Ben to JuJu for the overtime game winner. Steelers 41, Falcons 35.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 09:48 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

10-06-2018, 11:18 PM

(10-06-2018, 09:44 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: This one will be a shootout, but in a game in which both AB and Julio Jones will have two touchdown receptions and at least one of the quarterbacks will throw for five hundred yards, it's Ben to JuJu for the overtime game winner. Steelers 41, Falcons 35.

So your saying the Steelers Steller Defense will only give up 35 points?
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2018, 04:12 AM

What, you can't read all of a sudden? Besides, aren't you one of the people who bragged that they weren't watching this year, only to make themselves out a liar every week when they come on here and complain about almost every play?

I know I'm way overreacting, but posts like yours deserve it. It's bad enough that this team is subpar to say the least; there's no need to mock them to boot. Real fans don't do that no matter how badly they play. Only people who want to see the coach fired because he's black or who can't forgive them for choosing not to stand for the anthem once in sixteen games last year do that. We don't need the likes of you to call yourselves Steeler fans when you're not. It's one thing to criticize; we all do that. But getting laughs at the Steelers' expense just shouldn't be done if you still care for the team. If you don't, what are you doing here?
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 04:20 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-07-2018, 06:36 AM

(10-07-2018, 04:12 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Only people who want to see the coach fired because he's black...

Dude, seriously. None of the people on this thread are wired that way. You need to save that kind of shit-talk for elsewhere.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

10-07-2018, 07:25 AM

(10-07-2018, 04:12 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: What, you can't read all of a sudden? Besides, aren't you one of the people who bragged that they weren't watching this year, only to make themselves out a liar every week when they come on here and complain about almost every play?

I know I'm way overreacting, but posts like yours deserve it. It's bad enough that this team is subpar to say the least; there's no need to mock them to boot. Real fans don't do that no matter how badly they play. Only people who want to see the coach fired because he's black or who can't forgive them for choosing not to stand for the anthem once in sixteen games last year do that. We don't need the likes of you to call yourselves Steeler fans when you're not. It's one thing to criticize; we all do that. But getting laughs at the Steelers' expense just shouldn't be done if you still care for the team. If you don't, what are you doing here?

Nope, you have me mixed up with someone else... I watch every game regardless. And who ever said anything about "race" being the reason I think the Steelers need a head coaching change?  

You might need to screw your head on correctly.  I've been on this board for a long time, and have said for the last couple of years the Steelers need a head coaching change. 

So that makes me a racist? WTH?  Roll
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

10-07-2018, 07:41 AM

(10-07-2018, 06:36 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 04:12 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Only people who want to see the coach fired because he's black...

Dude, seriously. None of the people on this thread are wired that way. You need to save that kind of shit-talk for elsewhere.

Take
that
Shit
AWAY
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

10-07-2018, 07:46 AM

(10-07-2018, 07:25 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 04:12 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: What, you can't read all of a sudden? Besides, aren't you one of the people who bragged that they weren't watching this year, only to make themselves out a liar every week when they come on here and complain about almost every play?

Nope, you have me mixed up with someone else... I watch every game regardless. And who ever said anything about "race" being the reason I think the Steelers need a head coaching change?  

You might need to screw your head on correctly.  I've been on this board for a long time, and have said for the last couple of years the Steelers need a head coaching change. 

So that makes me a racist? WTH?  Roll

It's Oct 2018.

If you criticize someone 'of color' (& you're white) you're a racist
If you object to someone 'of color' (& you're white) you're a racist
If you're being attacked someone 'of color' (& you're white) and you complain - you're a racist
If you criticize a woman 'of color' (& you're white) you're a racist
If you criticize a woman period (& you're white) you're a racist - and probably a rapist
If you criticize a white male (& you're white) you're a racist, and you're merely disagreeing about your next racist action
(if you're white) you're a racist

Yawn.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2018, 09:51 AM

Why else would you constantly demean someone who has NEVER had a losing season as an NFL coach? I don't care what players he's got, how many game-winning field goals needed to be kicked, or whatever else. The man's a WINNER. A big, big WINNER. The team's going through a rough patch right now, that's obvious. And he may finally have a losing season this year. But he'll still be a big winner, and not only will he not be fired, he'll be extended at the first opportunity Art II gets. Yes, off of a possible 7-8-1 or 6-9-1 season, Why? Because no one else in the NFL other than Bill Belichick has his track record, and don't forget Belichick was mediocre at best in Cleveland, while this may be the first bad year Tomlin's ever had.You don't just turn this team over to a coordinator who doesn't know a thing about being an NFL head coach. And why the hell would you want to? Anyone who dares to question this man's competence as a coach in light of his record doesn't know a damn thing about football, period.

So if you're not racist, are you jealous of his intelligence and speaking ability (which he definitely has, although press conferences don't always show it)? Do you want only "Pittsburgh" guys as Steeler coaches? Don't forget, Chuck Noll wasn't one, either. Or are yo just so angry at this team for not standing for the flag last year in Chicago that you can't get over it, even though they've stood every week since and done so willingly? Or maybe it's the old line of crap about Tomlin bejng too "buddy buddy" with his players. Well, that's the way coaches have to be these days; otherwise, the players simply won't play for them. You treat them like men, not like workaday drones. Even Lombardi wasn't as authoritarian as the history books would have you believe, and neither is Belichick, whom I sincerely believe has already lost a power struggle to Brady and is in his last year in New England, with Josh McDaniels taking over in 2019.

At any rate, that's my opinion, and I won't back down from it. Have at me if you choose.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 10:06 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-07-2018, 11:27 AM

(10-07-2018, 09:51 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Why else would you constantly demean someone who has NEVER had a losing season as an NFL coach? I don't care what players he's got, how many game-winning field goals needed to be kicked, or whatever else. The man's a WINNER. A big, big WINNER. The team's going through a rough patch right now, that's obvious. And he may finally have a losing season this year. But he'll still be a big winner, and not only will he not be fired, he'll be extended at the first opportunity Art II gets. Yes, off of a possible 7-8-1 or 6-9-1 season, Why? Because no one else in the NFL other than Bill Belichick has his track record, and don't forget Belichick was mediocre at best in Cleveland, while this may be the first bad year Tomlin's ever had.You don't just turn this team over to a coordinator who doesn't know a thing about being an NFL head coach. And why the hell would you want to?  Anyone who dares to question this man's competence as a coach in light of his record doesn't know a damn thing about football, period.

So if you're not racist, are you jealous of his intelligence and speaking ability (which he definitely has, although press conferences don't always show it)? Do you want only "Pittsburgh" guys as Steeler coaches? Don't forget, Chuck Noll wasn't one, either. Or are yo just so angry at this team for not standing for the flag last year in Chicago that you can't get over it, even though they've stood every week since and done so willingly? Or maybe it's the old line of crap about Tomlin bejng too "buddy buddy" with his players. Well, that's the way coaches have to be these days; otherwise, the players simply won't play for them. You treat them like men, not like workaday drones. Even Lombardi wasn't as authoritarian as the history books would have you believe, and neither is Belichick, whom I sincerely believe has already lost a power struggle to Brady and is in his last year in New England, with Josh McDaniels taking over in 2019.

At any rate, that's my opinion, and I won't back down from it. Have at me if you choose.
I don't want him fired cause he's black.  I want him fired for his failures as a coach.  Hope that helps.  Love that race card eh?  Keep playing it
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2018, 11:56 AM

How can a man be a failure when the worst record he's ever had is 8-8? Disappointment I can understand, but failure's a totally different thing. Are you saying that the man's NEVER been a success, or just that he hasn't had enough success to suit you? Nothing outside of a Super Bowl every year will satisfy some people, and that's impossible.

Let me ask you this: If Tomin's such a failure and deserves to be fired, why hasn't Art II done it yet? He has more to gain or lose than any of us ever have or ever will, so why would he tolerate someone so obviously lacking in coaching and/or motivating ability?
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-07-2018, 07:07 PM

(10-07-2018, 11:56 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: How can a man be a failure when the worst record he's ever had is 8-8? Disappointment I can understand, but failure's a totally different thing. Are you saying that the man's NEVER been a success, or just that he hasn't had enough success to suit you? Nothing outside of a Super Bowl every year will satisfy some people, and that's impossible.

Let me ask you this: If Tomin's such a failure and deserves to be fired, why hasn't Art II done it yet? He has more to gain or lose than any of us ever have or ever will, so why would he tolerate someone so obviously lacking in coaching and/or motivating ability?

Cause I'm a racist