Artie Burns
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-15-2018, 08:58 PM

I was listening to the game on Sirius or XM or whatever the heck it is now and I could only get the Bengals announcers.  They were talking about how horrible Burns is.  One of them said he wants no part of playing tight on anyone.  They kept hoping the Bengals would throw at him every down.  He's yet another first round pick on D that looks to be a bust.  I keep looking for Watt to put some consistency together throughout the season.  He's had two good games and he's had games where he is not be seen.  Dupree has been a disappointment and will probably be gone.  Looks like we spend yet another first round pick on D next years.  Edmunds is an unknown at this point.  Dupree has 3 sacks watt has 6.  They just seem to be pushed above the QB continually and run right past him all the time.  Burns has to go.  period.  No one on the team could play worse
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

10-16-2018, 06:41 AM

He flat out sucks. I couldn't believe the play at the goal line. I'd use the upcoming weeks to move Sutton in to replace Burns. They won't but they should.

I read in the paper that Arizona wants to shop Patrick Peterson. If the Steelers are serious about another SB before Ben retires they should kick the tires on this. I never thought they would bring Haden in.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-16-2018, 11:03 AM

(10-15-2018, 08:58 PM)Rollers Wrote: I was listening to the game on Sirius or XM or whatever the heck it is now and I could only get the Bengals announcers.  They were talking about how horrible Burns is.  One of them said he wants no part of playing tight on anyone.  They kept hoping the Bengals would throw at him every down.  He's yet another first round pick on D that looks to be a bust.  I keep looking for Watt to put some consistency together throughout the season.  He's had two good games and he's had games where he is not be seen.  Dupree has been a disappointment and will probably be gone.  Looks like we spend yet another first round pick on D next years.  Edmunds is an unknown at this point.  Dupree has 3 sacks watt has 6.  They just seem to be pushed above the QB continually and run right past him all the time.  Burns has to go.  period.  No one on the team could play worse

Agreed, Burns sucks.

Watt is excellent, however, and has proven himself in my book. I was skeptical his rookie year because I didn't want to be "pre-hyped" into liking him. But I have zero concerns there. He's legit. Add a little more talent to the defense and he is going to provide us with highlight material every week. 

Unfortunately, every other LB on the roster appears average at best. That could change if we get someone to compliment Watt. It's a shame we don't have a healthy Shazier. It's unlikely he'll ever play again, so let's hope we draft a strong compliment to Watt. That would elevate the level of the entire LB corps and could make guys like Williams and Dupree look a lot better. 

Haden, when healthy, is very solid in the secondary. As is the case at LB, we need one other "real" player in the secondary to take us to the next level. It doesn't have to be a great player; just a solid, above average player. 

I have no feel for Terrell Edmunds at this point, but maybe that's a somewhat good sign? At the very least, he's not highlighting himself with bad play. But he's also done nothing to establish himself as a playmaker. 

We're so close to being Super Bowl material. The offense is good enough, as-is, Bell or no Bell. The talent is Super Bowl-worthy. The defense is still a stud linebacker and serviceable DB away.
Crash
Hall of Famer

10-16-2018, 01:48 PM

They should also kick the tires on Amari Cooper.

They have two WR's, Jesse James, and swill. I'm not sold on Vance McDonald's one highlight play a week and then struggles to get open the rest of the game.

I'm sick of 2-3 TE sets with an extra OL on the field as a 3rd TE and then people bitching when Ben can't find anyone open.

I'm sick of Roosevelt Nix running pass patterns at wide receiver.

They don't use Washington enough, the ONLY game where AB/JJSS/Washington EACH played at least 80% of the snaps? Was their best point game of the season on offense in week two.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-17-2018, 08:03 AM

(10-16-2018, 01:48 PM)Crash Wrote: They have two WR's, Jesse James, and swill.  I'm not sold on Vance McDonald's one highlight play a week and then struggles to get open the rest of the game.

Not sure what game you were watching, but McDonald caught 7 passes vs. Cinci and helped loosen things up for our wide outs. 

(10-16-2018, 01:48 PM)Crash Wrote: I'm sick of Roosevelt Nix running pass patterns at wide receiver.  

Laugh True, 'dat!

(10-16-2018, 01:48 PM)Crash Wrote: They should also kick the tires on Amari Cooper.  

M'eh. Don't need him. 

(10-16-2018, 01:48 PM)Crash Wrote: They don't use Washington enough, the ONLY game where AB/JJSS/Washington EACH played at least 80% of the snaps?  Was their best point game of the season on offense in week two.

From what I can see, Washington rarely seems to get open when he's out there. Too early to judge him as many first-year receivers struggle with the transition to the NFL. But so far, he has shown next to nothing.
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

10-17-2018, 09:28 AM

(10-17-2018, 08:03 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 01:48 PM)Crash Wrote: They don't use Washington enough, the ONLY game where AB/JJSS/Washington EACH played at least 80% of the snaps?  Was their best point game of the season on offense in week two.

From what I can see, Washington rarely seems to get open when he's out there. Too early to judge him as many first-year receivers struggle with the transition to the NFL. But so far, he has shown next to nothing.

I can't, for the life-o-me, figure out why they thought he was gonna be their "deep threat" a'la Marcannabis Bryant... no height, no speed, no speed at all...  This ain't the Big 12, where defense is considered optional, after all.  He may develop into a decent slot receiver, if he works on his route-running, but they already have JuJu in that role.  Need someone to "take the top off", and, as they say: "Ya' can't coach speed..."