Did the J-E-T-S jets collude with Bell?
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

11-20-2018, 02:28 AM

I'm [picking up some rumors the J-E-T-S Jets may have colluded with Bell and his agent. They have a history of this. 

Not sure what it means to us or if it can even be proven. Total BS. 

Pi_supermad Pi_supermad Pi_supermad

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Rollers
Hall of Famer

11-20-2018, 09:57 AM

the jets have a HUGE amount of cap space cause they suck. They will suck for years. They will sign Bell for over 17 mill a year and a ton of it guaranteed. We'll see how he does in that dumpster fire
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

11-22-2018, 12:09 PM

well, if the Jets are dumb enough to give Bell what he is asking for, they will soon be in cap he’ll.

There is a loose pay scale. We all know what a top OT, solid running back, linebackers, and such are likely to earn. If you are a GM, paying a player out of line with that scale, you likely will have consequences. Namely, you will never have a contending team.

Look what happened to the Seahawks when they over paid their players? They are a shell of what they were in their legion of doom day, that is rapidly turning into a legion of doom.The Rams are likely going to hit the skids in a year or two. Maybe as early as next year. The Jags will be sending player off this offseason too.

The Steelers definitely have a pay scale and will not budge from it. I heard a story today about Bill Cowher trying to get Dan Rooney to pay an extra $100k to land a free agent. Cower stated something like, ‘what another $100k?”. Rooney got in Cowher’s face and told him in no uncertain terms “how dare you tel me how to spend my money”.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

11-25-2018, 10:19 AM

(11-22-2018, 12:09 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: well, if the Jets are dumb enough to give Bell what he is asking for, they will soon be in cap he’ll.

There is a loose pay scale. We all know what a top OT, solid running back, linebackers, and such are likely to earn. If you are a GM, paying a player out of line with that scale, you likely will have consequences. Namely, you will never have a contending team.

Look what happened to the Seahawks when they over paid their players?  They are a shell of what they were in their legion of doom day, that is rapidly turning into a legion of doom.The Rams are likely going to hit the skids in a year or two. Maybe as early as next year. The Jags will be sending player off this offseason too.

The Steelers definitely have a pay scale and will not budge from it. I heard a story today about Bill Cowher trying to get Dan Rooney to pay an extra $100k to land a free agent.  Cower stated something like, ‘what another $100k?”. Rooney got in Cowher’s face and told him in no uncertain terms “how dare you tel me how to spend my money”.

only difference is the Seahawks got close.  The Jets are a dumpster fire.  They are most certainly not one player away from being competitive.  One of the worst Ol lines anywhere.  Not sure how he will do as a Jet but we're going to find out.