Tomlin
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 10:40 AM

worst time management coach that I have EVER seen in the NFL.    How long does an NFL coach put up with a kicker like Boswell?  How long?  Can't wait until they extend this loser yet again.  Yeah I'm all giddy over his regular season wins.  giddy I tell ya.  But he's safe.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 10:44 AM

I thought the men played hard. Obviously Ben going down hurt us. Next man up just didn't get it done. We'll go back and look at the film and get it fixed this week.
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

12-10-2018, 11:31 AM

(12-10-2018, 10:44 AM)Rollers Wrote: I thought the men played hard.  Obviously Ben going down hurt us.  Next man up just didn't get it done.  We'll go back and look at the film and get it fixed this week.

Ugh... Can't stand any more of his sound-bites... Only thing he's good at... That and wasting talent... Absolute waste
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 11:41 AM

(12-10-2018, 11:31 AM)bbbooger Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 10:44 AM)Rollers Wrote: I thought the men played hard.  Obviously Ben going down hurt us.  Next man up just didn't get it done.  We'll go back and look at the film and get it fixed this week.

Ugh... Can't stand any more of his sound-bites... Only thing he's good at... That and wasting talent... Absolute waste

you should have heard him tonight.  WE didn't make enough plays.  We didn't catch balls we should have.  We'll go back and look at what we're asking the men to do.  None of it made a lick of sense.  I don't think even he believes it anymore.  He looked lost and unsure of himself.  He's done.  That's all.  Done.  It was Tomlin no speak at it's finest.
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

12-10-2018, 11:45 AM

I can't watch his pressers, makes me wanna puke, and throw stuff... You're right on: I think he knows he doesn't have any answeres, he's lost... Absolutely lost... And he knows it...
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 11:50 AM

Here's the thing. We took edmunds in the first round last year. First round. He would have been there in the third. It's indicative of how smart the steelers think they are. Yet we are asked to trust the Rooneys. I'm done trusting the Roonys. Done. Clinton Dix was had for a fourth round pick I believe. An established starter. Apple for a third. Imagine getting two of those starters this year for a couple picks. Guys still young and can play. But trust the Rooneys. Trust the Rooneys. Keep saying that over and over. Bostic has been awful of late. Burnett? Makes on play today but gets beaten over and over. Those are the kind of bargain basement FAs we invest in. Remember. Trust the Rooneys Trust the Rooneys
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 12:49 PM

Boswell has missed 11 kicks in 13 games

I dont know what else to say
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

12-10-2018, 01:11 PM

(12-10-2018, 12:49 PM)RaynorShyne Wrote: Boswell has missed 11 kicks in 13 games

I dont know what else to say

You could say: "the guy who runs the team shoulda replaced him half-a-season ago..." that's what I'd say... That's how he got the job in the first place, after all...
bksteeler
All Pro Veteran

12-10-2018, 01:18 PM

Unless you have a full-scale rebellion by the players against Tomlin, he's around as long as he wants to. See Chuck Noll from 1985-1991. Also see Bill Cowher from 1998-2000, and 2003. And for the latest example, Tomlin from 2012-2013.

So don't get your hopes up. I'm certainly not.

Burnett has been a disaster. Can't stay healthy, and doesn't play that great when he is. They should have gone full out to get Tyrann Mathieu. Had we gotten Clinton Dix, we'd have the pleasure of seeing him missing tackles left and right, taking bad angles...in short, no difference to what we have now, except maybe he'd be healthy.

Eli Apple? He's average at best too.

And Boswell. What in the heck happened to him? We should have given all his money to Bell, and gotten another kicker, apparently. Unbelievable.

Can't run the ball at all anymore. We don't even try, even when Conner is in. Roethlisberger for once didn't get picked, but he's generally good for three head scratching passes a game whether they are picked or not. Defense can't stop anyone when the game's on the line.

This season has turned into a disaster. There's three games to turn it around, but I don't see any reason why it should. Time to turn my attention to basketball, I think.
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 01:27 PM

I'm done with Tomlin. Keeping Dobbs in until they got down?

Why?

Fire them all.

Give me Kubiak, he wants to coach and IMO he'd bring Wade with him.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-10-2018, 01:45 PM

(12-10-2018, 01:27 PM)Crash Wrote: I'm done with Tomlin.  Keeping Dobbs in until they got down?  

Why?  

I know! WTF was up with that???

Tomlin needs to go at the end of the season. Boswell needs to go NOW.
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

12-10-2018, 01:55 PM

(12-10-2018, 01:45 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 01:27 PM)Crash Wrote: ... Keeping Dobbs in until they got down?  

Why?  

I know! WTF was up with that???
I read he said: "the flow of the game dictated" that... WTF, really!
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 02:52 PM

I was at the game today behind the bench... I can Tell you Roethlisberger is beside himself and something seems very wrong on the bench. Guys looked like they didn't care. I saw Boswell practicing and talking with some blonde gal, which later he gave his cell phone to a Steelers personal and then he walked up to the stands and handed it to the same woman in the stands. It looks like no discipline or ergency during games
Krunch
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 03:20 PM

(12-10-2018, 02:52 PM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: I was at the game today behind the bench... I can Tell you Roethlisberger is beside himself and something seems very wrong on the bench. Guys looked like they didn't care. I saw Boswell practicing and talking with some blonde gal, which later he gave his cell phone to a Steelers personal and then he walked up to the stands and handed it to the same woman in the stands. It looks like no discipline or ergency during games

Been saying for many seasons Tomlin is no leader.  His team is a bunch of individuals engaged in too much Instagram and not enough Football.  Not everybody, but enough at key positions.  Bell was a product of this system.  I was listening to the Post game on my drive home from work, even Charley Batch is finally giving in to the fact that these teams, especially on Defense just lay down.  How many times have the Steelers had these, control your own destiny games over the years and just stink up the place.  He made note of how they watched the scoreboard, seeing the Pats, Texans, Rats lose and instead of digging in and stepping up to gain ground - nothing.  Uninspired, flat-liners.  

I'm calling it - Ben will quit after this season.  He now sees that the Front Office and Tomlin will not get them back to the SB anytime soon.

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 05:22 PM

What was Ben doing while Dobbs was in the game?

That broad probably threw the phone back to Boswell after he missed that last kick.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 05:52 PM by Crash.)
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 06:29 PM

Teams who are 10+ favorites on the road since 2007 are 60-11 straight up.

Tomlin has 4 of the losses.
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

12-10-2018, 07:01 PM

(12-10-2018, 06:29 PM)Crash Wrote: Teams who are 10+ favorites on the road since 2007 are 60-11 straight up.

Tomlin has 4 of the losses.

That says it all, right there!
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-10-2018, 08:04 PM

Here is a statement from Tomlin that will tell you all you need to know about this guy as a coach. I want anyone on this board to explain it to me in a way that will make sense.

He probably could’ve come in a series or so sooner, but we were in a rhythm and flow of the game,” Tomlin said.

Rhythm and flow?

There you go. That statement means nothing. Zero. you can also read from that that Ben was good to go when he came back to the bench. You don't heal anymore in a couple series. What rhythm and flow did any of you see with Dobbs running the offense? Anyone? I look for the Rooneys to give everyone the finger and extend him as early as today. Trust the Rooneys

Here's more from the coach on time management.
But the ending doesn’t change the fact Tomlin didn’t call a timeout — it would have been his second — after a 39-yard pass play gave the Raiders the ball at the Steelers 7 with 1:46 left. He allowed the clock to run down to 1:16 before an Oakland running play gained 1 yard and then down to 34 seconds before an incomplete pass. After an Oakland incompletion on third down, Tomlin finally called a timeout — with the clock stopped — with 25 seconds left to set his defense for fourth down. The Raiders won the game with a 6-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Derek Carr to tight end Derek Carrier with 21 seconds remaining. Roethlisberger wouldn’t have had time to pull out the game if not for that hook-and-lateral miracle. That timeout that Tomlin took back to Pittsburgh with him could have left the Steelers with no chance.

“I wanted to keep a timeout for offense,” Tomlin said. “You guys know I kind of have that mentality about it. I wasn’t sure JuJu was going to get out of bounds on the subsequent possession. I just wanted to keep a timeout.”

Again, I don’t understand that mentality. An offense can stop the clock with an incompletion or even with a spiked ball. You can’t stop the clock on defense unless you use timeouts.

“I thought we had a chance to stop them [on fourth down],” Tomlin said.

Wrong again.

And here is his meaningless ending to his attempt to explain yet another defeat to a bottom feeder.

Tomlin promised to “look at all aspects of what we’re doing … I have to rectify that, not only what we’re doing [but] what we’ve asked those guys to do. … We’re going to absorb the negativity that comes with our current position. We understand that we created it. It’s our job to fix it.”

See there? more "Tomlin speak". I've said elsewhere. Look for the Rooneys to give all the fans the middle finger and extend him very soon.

last item

Losers of three in a row, unable to beat a wounded 2-10 team starting 10 rookies, unable to generate a 100-yard rushing performance since about Halloween — you don’t think there’ll be negativity do you?

Raiders started 10 rookies. One guy picked up at a home depot I think. This was Tomlin at his worst
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 08:19 PM by Rollers.)
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

12-11-2018, 02:40 AM

(12-10-2018, 08:04 PM)Rollers Wrote: ...  This was Tomlin at his worst

Playing down to a lesser team that's been looking to next year since September? Really, this was him at his "normal" wasn't it?
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

12-11-2018, 02:47 AM

(12-10-2018, 05:22 PM)Crash Wrote: What was Ben doing while Dobbs was in the game?

That broad probably threw the phone back to Boswell after he missed that last kick.

Ben was in the Locker room for much of the 3rd quarter. When he came back out the 3rd quarter was almost finished. Tomlin talked with him and Ben sat on the bench with a ball cap on.
at the end >  he walked up to his lineman and talked with them on the bench I knew he was going in on the final drive.