a committment to the running game
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-17-2018, 09:24 PM

Amazing isn't it?  From we need to sign some running backs everyone else discarded to over 140 yards rushing because the Steelers actually blocked someone and made a commitment to the running game.  We already have a "veteran" running back in Ridley.  Samuels may not be Connor or Bell but he can carry the ball and catch the ball just fine.  He had a great game.  Washington also had a much better game. He needs to contribute more as well.  Maybe once Rogers finds his legs we will have all kinds of weapons.
bksteeler
All Pro Veteran

12-18-2018, 12:36 AM

(12-17-2018, 09:24 PM)Rollers Wrote: Amazing isn't it?  From we need to sign some running backs everyone else discarded to over 140 yards rushing because the Steelers actually blocked someone and made a commitment to the running game.  We already have a "veteran" running back in Ridley.  Samuels may not be Connor or Bell but he can carry the ball and catch the ball just fine.  He had a great game.  Washington also had a much better game. He needs to contribute more as well.  Maybe once Rogers finds his legs we will have all kinds of weapons.

What are you talking about? We don't need a running game. Just run five receivers out with no backs on every single play. Who needs running backs. We have Ben, AB, Juju, Vance, that's all we need.  We don't need to run another running play the rest of the year.

Biggrin

All joking aside, sweet win. Defense played great for the most part.

I'm still out on Boswell, though. Man, the other kickers they brought in during the week must have been horrible. That first miss Boswell had was awful. He redeemed himself later, but I still have no confidence in him.

And Ben...still kind of Favresque. He'll make the great play, but then he'll just do something crazy. Do the coaches ever get on him for his picks in the film room, and say, "You can't do that!"? Or do they just think "Ben is Ben" and say nothing?
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-18-2018, 01:42 AM

I was impressed with Sameuls and his ball security yesterday. Quite refreshing actually. As I said in an earlier post he may be a good back-up RB down the road. He missed a few blitz pick-ups, No? Hate to get your franchise QB killed.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 01:43 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)