Just watched the game...
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Here's what I see (I just watched the game):

1.) If the Rooneys are hell bent on keeping Tomlin he needs an assistant HC of some sorts. The man can't think in game speed. He challenges when he shouldn't and doesn't challenge when he should. Just small coaching desiscions are lost on him during the course of the game. No disgrace in getting help Mike. 

2.) The entire defensive coaching staff should be gone at season's end. Surprisingly they bring in a LB coach to assist against the pats and they win. 

3.) No bonefide #3 WR. At games end with AB and Ju-Ju covered Washington couldn't get the job done on 2 targets. Inexcusable not to have a solid #3 WR option, with the college ranks turning them out in scads. 

4.) I have NEVER, NEVER seen an NFL team (especially the Steelers) this venerable at RB. Leaving'On Bell completely fooled them, I sincerely think the Steeler brass thought he would be in sometime during the season. Connor is hurt (probably done for the year) but even before had ball security issues. Sameuls WILL BE GOOD, but in crunch missed the blitz pick-up led to a HUGE 4th quarter sack. Again he will be a GOOD one, just not a complete back right now.  

5.) Ridley - Why was he even in the game in crunch time. FUMBLER!!!! I called for the Steelers to kick the tires on a few RBs mid-season, but then again their arrogance and laziness got in the way. 

6.) Draft - How many LB busts will be selected at the expense of the offense??? Shazier is probably done, You can just about close out DuPree and Williams and Bostic - serviceable at best. 

7.) Vance McDonald - Is it me or is he being severely unallocated? Why is Grimble even on the field.? Where was the outlaw?. This isn't pee-wee football where everyone play. The best players play. End of story. 

Now, I do think the Browns will be the Ravens, so we still have a chance if we can handle the Bungholes.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2018, 04:42 PM by Chucktownsteeler.)
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 02:11 AM

With the Ravens Defense, there is no way in hell the Browns ("As good as they have been")  - Will beat the Ravens. 

And The Ravens in their own house are not dumb enough to let the season slip by to the Browns. Wishful thinking and I also wish for that.

But its not going to Happen.  And in Regards to Shazier - He's not "probably done" , - he is done. Its not Medically possible for a football player to return to the field with rods in his back.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 02:36 AM

(12-25-2018, 02:11 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: With the Ravens Defense, there is no way in hell the Browns ("As good as they have been")  - Will beat the Ravens. 

And The Ravens in their own house are not dumb enough to let the season slip by to the Browns. Wishful thinking and I also wish for that.

But its not going to Happen.  And in Regards to Shazier - He's not "probably done" , - he is done. Its not Medically possible for a football player to return to the field with rods in his back.
maybe we could let Tomlin coach the Ravens one game?  He never lets his team under perform.
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 02:52 AM

1. Agreed, hire a guy specifically to make the calls on replays.  But that Haden tipped PI on 4th down was inside two minutes.  So that wouldn't have mattered.  

2. The Pats had penalties and dropped passes early, just like AJ Green did early in the Cincy game.  If they catch what they should have we lose the Pats game also.  

3. AGREE AGREE AGREE.  All of those quality WR's that were there to be had at the deadline, and we did nothing.  I was pleading for them to give a #1 for Amari Cooper.  We didn't, Dallas did, and Dallas won their division.  

4. The Steelers since Arians left, even when they've had quality running back depth simply don't know how to get the backups involved like both Arians and Whiz did from 2004-2011.  They just run the #1 back into the ground, then he gets hurt, then they run the backup into the ground, until he gets hurt, and so on.  Then they rely on #3 backs in December and everyone makes excuses for the OC.  DeAngelo Williams had a span of like 45 touches in two games when Bell was suspended, and then had like 10 carries in a month when Bell came back.  Totally unacceptable.  I think to be an every down back Samuels needs to lose about 20 pounds (Like Conner did when he left PITT).  

5. Cheap and lazy signing.  See #4.  

6. This is what pisses me off the most.  Nine of 12 number one draft picks for Tomlin are on defense.  From 2014-2016 BOTH the number 1 and number 2 picks were on defense.  But it's the OFFENSE who gets blamed, and it's the OFFENSE that's expected to do the heavy lifting, milk the clock at the same time, and keep the defense "rested" while they sit on their ass, tweet how great they are, and cash their million dollar paychecks.  Three times in the first half yesterday the Steelers scored, and three times the defense went right back on the field and gave the points right back. On Twitter we call these "Give Back Points", and it's been a 15 year problem with the LeBeau/Butler scheme.  But no one dare question the defense.  It's back to the free pass they've always gotten except when a "Pittsburgh Guy" (Haley) ran the offense, as I said would happen (See attachment, notice the date).  

7. I'm not a big McDonald fan. He makes one play, celebrates like he's All Pro, then you don't see him for three hours.  He is better than Grimble who should have been cut after his Denver He-Man act that changed the entire season but that's like being the skinniest kid at the fat farm.  I think James is better than Vance, but James will be a UFA at seasons end and it's like they've benched him to justify not keeping him at the expense of their offense.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2018, 02:55 AM by Crash.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 03:39 AM

(12-25-2018, 02:52 AM)Crash Wrote: 1. Agreed, hire a guy specifically to make the calls on replays.  But that Haden tipped PI on 4th down was inside two minutes.  So that wouldn't have mattered.  

2. The Pats had penalties and dropped passes early, just like AJ Green did early in the Cincy game.  If they catch what they should have we lose the Pats game also.  

3. AGREE AGREE AGREE.  All of those quality WR's that were there to be had at the deadline, and we did nothing.  I was pleading for them to give a #1 for Amari Cooper.  We didn't, Dallas did, and Dallas won their division.  

4. The Steelers since Arians left, even when they've had quality running back depth simply don't know how to get the backups involved like both Arians and Whiz did from 2004-2011.  They just run the #1 back into the ground, then he gets hurt, then they run the backup into the ground, until he gets hurt, and so on.  Then they rely on #3 backs in December and everyone makes excuses for the OC.  DeAngelo Williams had a span of like 45 touches in two games when Bell was suspended, and then had like 10 carries in a month when Bell came back.  Totally unacceptable.  I think to be an every down back Samuels needs to lose about 20 pounds (Like Conner did when he left PITT).  

5. Cheap and lazy signing.  See #4.  

6. This is what pisses me off the most.  Nine of 12 number one draft picks for Tomlin are on defense.  From 2014-2016 BOTH the number 1 and number 2 picks were on defense.  But it's the OFFENSE who gets blamed, and it's the OFFENSE that's expected to do the heavy lifting, milk the clock at the same time, and keep the defense "rested" while they sit on their ass, tweet how great they are, and cash their million dollar paychecks.  Three times in the first half yesterday the Steelers scored, and three times the defense went right back on the field and gave the points right back. On Twitter we call these "Give Back Points", and it's been a 15 year problem with the LeBeau/Butler scheme.  But no one dare question the defense.  It's back to the free pass they've always gotten except when a "Pittsburgh Guy" (Haley) ran the offense, as I said would happen (See attachment, notice the date).  

7. I'm not a big McDonald fan. He makes one play, celebrates like he's All Pro, then you don't see him for three hours.  He is better than Grimble who should have been cut after his Denver He-Man act that changed the entire season but that's like being the skinniest kid at the fat farm.  I think James is better than Vance, but James will be a UFA at seasons end and it's like they've benched him to justify not keeping him at the expense of their offense.

if they needed help on defense Apple went for a third round pick and clinton dix went for a 4th I believe.  2 starters that were better than almost anyone we had in the defensive backfield and the steeler brass never even nibbled.  They suck.  I would take two starters on D for 2 picks then use the first two picks next year on the O.  but nope.  trust the Rooneys
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 03:39 AM

1. Agreed, hire a guy specifically to make the calls on replays. But that Haden tipped PI on 4th down was inside two minutes. So that wouldn't have mattered

No, Heyward tipped the ball at the LOS. Check out Steelers Depot, they have the video posted.

Next - Minkah, #39!
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 03:49 AM

He did tip it. But it was after the two minute warning.

That's a booth review. Tomlin can't challenge.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 04:23 AM

Agreed, but he could have raised hell. Same like the P.I. in the end-zone ON 4th down. Can you imagine what Belicheat or Harbaugh would have said to the refs.

The refs don't respect Tomlin, he has no balls.

Next - Minkah, #39!
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 04:37 AM

Someone did. May have been Heyward.

The Ref doesn't challenge a play on his own. Only Riveron can make them.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

12-25-2018, 04:44 AM

All raising hell would do in that situation is cost them fifteen yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. The more I see of coaches flipping out on refs, the less I like it.

I don't know if you follow Duquesne basketball or not, but they were playing Penn State the other night, and one of their players was called for a foul that the coach didn't like. He went ballistic, was told to stop, and threw off the people trying to restrain him. He was called for a technical foul, kept it up, and was called for another and ejected. Each technical gave Penn State two free throws, which gave them a total of six for the play with the two for the original foul. The game was tied before all of this, but Penn State made all six free throws, and that was the game.

The guy is a total moron, and if I'd been the AD he would have been told that another outburst like that would cost him his job immediately. But he sure showed those refs a lot of balls, didn't he? They won't dare call fouls against Duquesne down the stretch again, right?

Any official who's intimidated into not calling penalties, rightly or wrongly, doesn't deserve to be called an official, regardless of sport. A little bit of yelling is one thing, but to go to the lengths you seem to be suggesting just shows immaturity on the coach's part.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 07:00 AM

(12-25-2018, 04:37 AM)Crash Wrote: Someone did. May have been Heyward.  

The Ref doesn't challenge a play on his own.  Only Riveron can make them.

yeah it was definitely tipped.  Tough one to see though.  Looked like the steelers knew it immediately though.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 07:10 AM

Yes, a Steeler player on the sideline immediately saw it was a tip. Watch the film again. If a player on the sideline saw it why didn't the ref?????

This crew was either crooked, inept, or both. The NFL is becoming the WWE or the Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals. No credibility.

Next - Minkah, #39!
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2018, 07:10 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-25-2018, 02:42 PM

Crooked, Goodell loves the city of Baltimore. The Ravens started stacking wins and the officials in our games were getting worse.

Not a coincidence.