Staff has lost the team
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-02-2019, 03:04 AM

Coaches are lost on how to maintain a team. Even Jesse James is speaking up.  I hope James goes elsewhere this year.  I'd like to see him more featured than here in Pitt.

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2018/1...-team.html
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 03:05 AM by Rollers.)
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

01-02-2019, 03:37 AM

(01-02-2019, 03:04 AM)Rollers Wrote: Coaches are lost on how to maintain a team.  Even Jesse James is speaking up.  I hope James goes elsewhere this year.  I'd like to see him more featured than here in Pitt.

“We were in the front of the ticker on ESPN too much for just reasons that weren’t related to football and not for us playing great ball. It was more distractions."
“Oh, we messed it up bad. We lost a lot of games we should’ve won. I think there’s changes that’ll be made at some point this offseason. There’s things we got to account for and look at in a hard way," James said. "And we make adjustments to what we’ve been doing, because had a lot of distractions outside of the locker room this year that we need to handle better going forward.”
Krunch
Hall of Famer

01-02-2019, 05:47 AM

(01-02-2019, 03:04 AM)Rollers Wrote: Coaches are lost on how to maintain a team.  Even Jesse James is speaking up.  I hope James goes elsewhere this year.  I'd like to see him more featured than here in Pitt.

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it...I'd like to see Ben go anywhere and get another ring.  He is just not going to see it in Pittsburgh unless something drastic happens and like now with the coaching he is saddled with.  He deserves to be surrounded / supported in a winning environment.

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
bbbooger
Hall of Famer

01-02-2019, 05:58 AM

I have serious reservations as to whether Ben would ever submit to the kind of coaching he’d need to put him in position to win another championship.
Krunch
Hall of Famer

01-02-2019, 06:07 AM

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/m...e-humility

"But Tomlin just doesn’t demand enough of his players when it comes to professionalism and focus. He never has.

Smith-Schuster and Antonio Brown are more concerned with their brands than they are about the Steelers and winning.

Does that negatively affect the Steelers’ results? Who knows?

But consider New England. To the naked eye, the Patriots seem a shell of their usual selves. They rarely sparkle, or even pass the eye test, and that includes when they win. The Patriots (and Tom Brady) looked decidedly ordinary when the Steelers beat them a couple weeks back.

Yet New England went 11-5 and got a first-round playoff bye.

That’s discipline, structure and accountability. Qualities the Steelers could use more of, along with humility."

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
Crash
Hall of Famer

01-03-2019, 10:09 AM

That's what happens when the owner overrules the head coach and hires his boozing buddy to run the offense in 2012.

Many of us saw this coming then, just shocked it took so long.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

01-03-2019, 10:37 AM

Lay off of Todd Haley, for Christ's sake. So he was a bad coach here. That doesn't excuse your one-man smear campaign. Even if every word you say is true, what good does it do to keep going after him? He's done whatever damage he's done, and bashing him incessantly won't fix it. He's long gone, and you're a bigger asshole than you say he is for not laying off of him. I'll bet he doesn't constantly think of you the way you do of him.

Art II isn't a boozer, either. If he was, we'd have found out about it by now. And even if he is, I don't give a damn unless he's falling-down drunk in front of a camera. Colbert and Tomlin are the final words in this organization.
Crash
Hall of Famer

01-03-2019, 03:23 PM

Smear Campaign?

He's a drunk who can't stop getting in trouble in bars.

Two in Pittsburgh and one in Kansas City when he was hired there.

I didn't say Art II is a boozer, the boozer is Haley.

If you think Colberrt is going to be fired you're a fool.

Job

For

Life

Until HE decides to walk away.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-04-2019, 02:34 AM

There's plenty of blame for Cobert and Tomlin, but when in the name of everything good and holy is Art II going to step up. I read where A-B would even return his calls.

I am sorry this team is out of control and has no respect for ownership. Maybe Art II should just step aside.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]