DC Greg Williams Available as of this morning
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

01-10-2019, 03:35 AM

Browns named Kitchens new head coach.  Relieved Greg Williams as D.C.

I think he'd be better then Butler!
Crash
Hall of Famer

01-10-2019, 05:08 AM

Everyone talks about Bounty Gate as to why not to hire Williams.

La Canfora just said that if Munchak would have gotten the Denver job he may have hired Williams as DC.

Now if Munchak is the man everyone claims he is, and Williams is good enough for him? He should be good enough for Yinzerville.

If Butler stays? That just means he's barking out Tomlin's orders to the players during games. and TOMLIN is the one who's actually running the defense.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

01-10-2019, 05:35 AM

I wouldn't take Williams if you paid me a million dollars. He's a thug himself, and he teaches his players to be thugs. Just because Munchak may have hired him in Denver doesn't mean the Steelers have to. As one of Yinzerville's leading citizens, I'll take the good and the bad with Butler and/or Tomlin, thank you.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 08:32 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-10-2019, 07:21 AM

(01-10-2019, 05:08 AM)Crash Wrote: Everyone talks about Bounty Gate as to why not to hire Williams.  

La Canfora just said that if Munchak would have gotten the Denver job he may have hired Williams as DC.  

Now if Munchak is the man everyone claims he is, and Williams is good enough for him? He should be good enough for Yinzerville.

If Butler stays? That just means he's barking out Tomlin's orders to the players during games. and TOMLIN is the one who's actually running the defense.

I think you hit it right on the head.  Butler is nothing more than a figurehead and Tomlin is the guy calling the defense.  I'd love to have the guy here building a defense.  Would be nice to see some really new blood on that side of the ball next year.   I'm thinking we've seen the extent of the changes.  We ranked 27th in special teams and I guess that's good enough for the Steelers.  No changes there