Offseason current roster player trades
Noll and Cowher teams no more
Special Teamer

01-14-2019, 11:42 PM

I'm bored and decided to start an offseason topic.

Don't know much, if anything, about how the salary cap works but was wondering what everyones thoughts are on trading some veteran players for more draft picks. 

Below are some players I came up with off the top of my head,

Brown- good as gone anyways
Vince Williams- get a replacement in free agency and draft
Artie Burns- surely there are other teams willing to give a high pick for him in thoughts of rebuilding his career (like Eli Apple did)
Gilbert- if healthy
Morgan Burnett-
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-14-2019, 11:49 PM

Burns wouldn't bring a 3rd. Maybe a 6 or 7
Vince Williams maybe a 5
Morgan Burnett you'd have to pay someone to take him.
It's not the "steelers way" anyhow. Only reason they would trade AB is because they're pretty much forced to. AB was safe as long as he played and didn't bring all the extraneous stuff with him. You will see no big FA moves since they won't be able to afford any as usual. You'll see more pickups like Burnett or Bostic. Sort of like sorting through the bargain bin at a five and dime. That's the steelers way. They've scored on those once in a great while but usually it leads to play like you get from Burnett and bostic. I like your ideas but it's just not what they do. They have pissed away Ben's career by staying cap locked and not making any moves. Tomlin will be here until Tomlin decides to hang it up. Did we ditch our special teams coach yet? 27th in the league in special teams. For the Rooneys that's enough to insure you stay. I don't know what's going on. but you can pretty much forget any moves.