Didn't watch the superbowl past the national anthem
Rollers
Hall of Famer

02-04-2019, 08:21 PM

I wanted to see the national anthem and it was one of the best things I've ever seen.  This morning I'm reading the blurbs on the game.  One thing stands out.  The praise for the coaching staff of the New England Patriots.  You can call them cheaters if you want but they look for an edge.  They didn't "cheat" their way to 6 Lombardi's.  They don't draft higher than us.  They don't have more cap room than us.  They make the better decisions on player acquisition and player retention.  When was the last time we heard the steeler coaching staff labeled as "genius"?  When was the last time we sat there and watched a game and thought about how great the plan was to win?  Or how our team rose up and our stars played lights out to win a game? 

I am sick of what the Steelers have become. 
1.  Why do we still have the same special teams coach?
2.  Why is Butler still here?
3.  We couldn't keep the best O line coach in the game?
4.  Ad naseum talk about trading Tomlin?
5.  Rooney's yapping about continuity and a winning record?
6.  AB not even bothering to stay around during the season?
7.  Now Rooney's walking back the talk about Brown not being a steeler?

Point out one of those that Belichick or the Pats would put up with.  I'll save you some time.  None of them.  Congratulations to the Patriots the best team in the NFL for years now.
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

02-04-2019, 09:06 PM

(02-04-2019, 08:21 PM)Rollers Wrote: I am sick of what the Steelers have become. 
1.  Why do we still have the same special teams coach?
2.  Why is Butler still here?
3.  We couldn't keep the best O line coach in the game?
4.  Ad naseum talk about trading Tomlin?
5.  Rooney's yapping about continuity and a winning record?
6.  AB not even bothering to stay around during the season?
7.  Now Rooney's walking back the talk about Brown not being a steeler?

Point out one of those that Belichick or the Pats would put up with.  I'll save you some time.  None of them.  Congratulations to the Patriots the best team in the NFL for years now.

I'm sick of todays Steelers also. The whole organization is like a cancer that has destroyed itself from the inside out.
I wish more Steeler greats opened up and voiced their opinion on bringing back the old Steeler way.

Ten bucks says Porter was also let go because he wore his disgust of the way the team was run on his sleeve and I'm sure he let anyone and everyone know this, since he played and knows the Steeler way and was one of the most vocal players back in the day.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 09:08 PM by Noll and Cowher teams no more.)
sandfan
Hall of Famer

02-04-2019, 10:03 PM

Did not watch the anthem or half time. Was not interested in seeing any kneeling/social justice protest. Also skipped through all the commercials.

The game was uninspiring at best. Have to give credit to the Pats. They did what was necessary to get the W.

That organization has run rings around the Steelers for a decade and I doubt coach cliche is the fellow to turn that tide.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

02-04-2019, 10:17 PM

(02-04-2019, 10:03 PM)sandfan Wrote: Did not watch the anthem or half time.  Was not interested in seeing any kneeling/social justice protest.  Also skipped through all the commercials.  

The game was uninspiring at best.  Have to give credit to the Pats.  They did what was necessary to get the W.

That organization has run rings around the Steelers for a decade and I doubt coach cliche is the fellow to turn that tide.

did not see any protests on the anthem
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

02-04-2019, 11:32 PM

I missed the anthem but the half-time show was terrible, absolutely terrible. As far as I know there was no kneeling of any sort.

Great to see a defensive game, I was not expecting that. I wish Art II, Tomlin & Co. had have the heart and drive that Kraft, Belicheat, and Brady does. You have to tip your hat to them, they just refuse to lose.

Overall decent officiated game, I though. No challenges or controversy I can remember.

They'll get 8 or 9 Lombardi's before we get 7.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

02-04-2019, 11:33 PM

Both defenses played outstanding football. The Rams in particular were simply fantastic considering the quality of the opposition and the fact that they got ZERO help from their offense. Only one red zone trip for the Pats? Unheard of.

That's not to diminish what New England did defensively; zero red zone trips for the Rams, who were also supposedly a high-powered offense. New England simply throttled them. Difficult to understand the coaching strategy (or lack thereof) with Gurley. Worse yet, Goff looked disinterested and dispassionate the entire game. It's like, do you realize where you flippin' ARE, boy? It's the SUPER BOWL! He just sat on the sidelines, expressionless, staring into space... and it was no different when he was on the field. Completely uninspired, unimaginative play. It's like the moment was too big for him and he just wanted to get it over with, get on the plane and go home.

New England's special teams were also amazing, despite the early FG miss. The punting game was HUGE. The Rams were pinned inside their 10 at least 3 (maybe 4?) times after punts.

Kudos to New England. I hate them. I desperately wanted them to lose. But somehow, they find a way. It's quite amazing. Somehow, they seem to find that "EDGE" year in and year out. I doubt we'll ever see anything like it again.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

02-04-2019, 11:52 PM

Did you see Belicheat with under 2 minutes left (the game was over for all intense and purposes). The Rams declined a penalty that gave them an equivalent to a T.O. Belicheat was livid, the passion there.

Again, if our triumvirate have half the desire these guys have....

Maybe the Pats getting #6 will light a fire under their collective asses, but I doubt it. The new standard is the new standard. Just don't have a losing season and we're good.

This just in - Tomlin - still has never had a losing season.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 12:06 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
Crash
Hall of Famer

02-05-2019, 03:04 AM

I didn't watch either.

But now you saw why I've wanted the Steelers to hire Wade Phillips for years.

Screw overrated Dick LeBeau, Wade's on par with Belichick as far as defensive minds.

If we can't get Wade get a protege and give him complete control of the defense.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

02-05-2019, 05:26 AM

(02-05-2019, 03:04 AM)Crash Wrote: I didn't watch either.  

But now you saw why I've wanted the Steelers to hire Wade Phillips for years.  

Screw overrated Dick LeBeau, Wade's on par with Belichick as far as defensive minds.  

If we can't get Wade get a protege and give him complete control of the defense.

you know that's not happening.  changes are done.  Kept our stellar special teams coach and our top notch defensive coordinator. Tomlin would be threatened by Wade I think.  He's the guy calling the shots on D.  I'm looking for us to pour another 1st round pick on D down the tubes.  It's the Steeler's way
Crash
Hall of Famer

02-05-2019, 11:47 AM

Yup.

Art II is just happy to finally have complete control of Granddaddy's team, even if he's clueless on what he's doing with it.

This is on his head. From 2004-2011 the Steelers won more Super Bowl's than the Patriots.

Then Art II told Ben how to play his position and hired his alcoholic buddy Todd Haley.

And it all went to shit.

They wasted 6 years of Ben's prime for no good reason because overrated Dick LeBeau couldn't be blamed.

Fuck him too.