The Fans must speak up
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

02-22-2019, 02:21 PM

I've had it.

I went to my first Steelers game in 1972 when I was 5.  I've loved them ever since.  I didn't realize how spoiled I was as a kid.  In the 70's, Mean Joe, Terry, Earnie Holmes, LC, Lambert, Swan and Stallworth, Webster...  These guys were my super heroes.  

I suffered and wallowed like most in the 80's, and enjoyed the resurgence of the 90's under the Chin.   

All the while, Pittsburgh was different.  We're the team with the logo on one side.   No cheerleaders because, who needs them?  The Steelers had an image of blue-collar, hard-working, team of the people (ala Green Bay).  The team had integrity.   These, naively, were givens.  

Dion Sanders?  Yeah, great corner, but please shut-the-hell-up.   He'd NEVER show up in Black-n-Gold, he wasn't a Pittsburgh-type-guy.  

Webster was a Pittsburgh-type-guy.  Dermontti Farra Dawson was a Pittsburgh-type-guy.  Gregg Lloyd was a Pittsburgh-type-guy.  For the love of all that is holy, Bubby-friggin-Brister, was a Pittsburgh-type-guy.

Last year I found myself looking at the TV - on a Wednesday - and asking"what the fuck?!?!"  It's like finding out you have some terminal illness way after it's too late to operate.   The team has L-O-S-T it's identity.  We have diva's everywhere.   The (former) 'best running back in the NFL' is only the SECOND biggest diva on the team (that we know of).  Our own Ocho-Quatro wants to be called, "Mr. Big Chest" is a laughing stock.   Our GM just called the entire team 'Children" who should listen to Daddy Ben Roethlisberger.

What
Theee
Hell?????

I agree with Tim - Tomlin must go.   I'm beginning to think Colbert needs to go too.  Ben doesn't get an extension and whomever the new coach is, needs to open the door and state, "You're here or pack your shit".  To hell with winning (for now) - the team has much more serious problems.  We had the absolute best talent in the league - but they weren't a team and lost like a bunch of disorganized grab-asses.  That's all Tomlin's fault.   

This is where the fans come in.  We're enabling this crap.  Am I saying 'boycott the games'?   No.  It's entertainment after all.  You want to blow several hundred bucks on watching those ass-clowns on the field preen about  - that's on you.

I say drop the towels.   

Not another Terrible Towel waves until Tomlin goes.  For once, I'm glad Mr. Cope isn't around.  He'd be twitching in the booth.
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

02-22-2019, 09:36 PM

Been talking with my brother who is a lifelong Steelers fan also and he agrees with me, Steelers used to be top 3 (God, family and Steelers) in our life but during the past 2 to 3 seasons has dropped out of the top 10.

Lately even after a Steeler win I have not felt the same satisfaction I used years ago. I watch Tim's games that he has on here from the 90's to the early 2000's and still get all goose bumped up and wish that the product we saw from the front office, coaches and the players would return with the current regime. I'm not including the teams of the 70's because they were special and will never be duplicated. 

All this drama disgusts me. I'd rather clean house and field a team of players with heart and desire to wear the black and gold for what it used to stand for than keep the current selfish underachieving players.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

02-23-2019, 11:29 PM

I believe the Tomlin hire began the decline in what is referred to as a Pittsburgh type team staffed with Pittsburgh type players. It appears the culture has changed dramatically under this so called player's coach. Not for the better in my view.

Maybe this new player attitude is prevalent within the league but it sure seems to have come to a head in Pittsburgh.

The 70's are long gone. The passion of the chin as well. Now we have aviators and cliches. And can hang our hat on never having a losing season. Instead of one for the thumb. How sad.
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

02-26-2019, 09:39 PM

Went from this.....

[Image: DEO3RAMW0AAyYuS.jpg][Image: images.jpeg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000][Image: hqdefault.jpg]

To this......
[Image: usa_today_11919003.0.jpg][Image: 600x200][Image: WEB-Antonio-Brown-Rolls-Royce-2017-1532260492.jpg]

Pathetic. No more Blue collar, lunch pale mentality.