Peterson suspended for PEDs
sandfan
Hall of Famer

05-17-2019, 06:35 AM

Making a deal, fire sale type, for him now would make sense.  Don''t know what it would take to get the team motivated but I'd pull the trigger if I were a GM. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26761...6-game-ban
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

05-17-2019, 12:31 PM

(05-17-2019, 06:35 AM)sandfan Wrote: Making a deal, fire sale type, for him now would make sense.  Don''t know what it would take to get the team motivated but I'd pull the trigger if I were a GM. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26761...6-game-ban

No thanks. Didn’t we just jettisoned a couple of players that had issues? We don’t need any more baggage.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

05-18-2019, 05:44 AM

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
sandfan
Hall of Famer

05-18-2019, 06:06 AM

I recall hearing or reading that many favored a trade Brown for Peterson straight up. Before this incident that seemed to make sense and maybe had more value that what The Raiders gave up.

Ben has, at most, a handful of good years left. After that it's possible the team may enter into another stretch like they experienced after Bradshaw. If that's the case the time to win is now. Heck, the time to win is always now if you are a competitor.

Tomlin is supposedly a players coach. Could not tell that by the way he "handled" Brown and Bell but the fellow has to be able to do something to earn his way. Why could that not be coaching Peterson? I don't recall Peterson having any issues prior to this and he certainly is one of the best corners in the league.

I've heard that Peterson would like a new deal. That's a turn off for me but his talent deserves, at least, some consideration. Arizona is in a rebuild mode. Why not float a pick to see if they bite. There would be a 6 game gap and that might drop the pick a level or two. If I recall the schedule, Peterson would join the team in the 2 week window that includes the off week. That timing would work well.

This team has been almost an abject failure at picking corners. This looks like a chance to right that ship. If Peterson always pissed clean and made this one error I think I'd pursue a deal.