Keep this board going questions > >
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

07-07-2019, 06:15 AM

How well will the Steelers play this season?   

Are you set back from NFL football and > slowly stepping away?

Whats the future of the NFL?

Will you be watching football 5 years from now?

Will Ju Ju be better this year? Or worse with his social media hype crap?
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-07-2019, 12:01 PM

(07-07-2019, 06:15 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote:  How well will the Steelers play this season?   

'Sup, Cali?  Wavehello

How well will the Steelers play this season?   
If they can stay healthy, I think it's an "addition by subtraction" year. With locker room cancers Bell and Brown finally gone, I think they have the potential to contend for a Super Bowl. A HoF-caliber QB, still plenty of talent on offense and what should be an improved defense. But they must stay reasonably healthy. 

Slowly stepping away, for sure. I haven't thought about "current" football all off-season beyond checking briefly to see who we drafted and having a good laugh at Bell getting robbed by a pair of naked chicks. The bullshit kneeling during the National Anthem followed by phony patriotism, the stupid rule changes, the poor officiating, the shitty, entitled attitudes of so many players, the watering down of a once-great game, the overpaid piece of $#!t Commisioner... and worst of all, their attack on fans and this site by pulling down all those classic games from when the NFL WAS worth watching. 

I care less and less every year. I enjoy watching Big Ben. I think when he retires, my relationship with the "current" NFL will end for good. 

Who gives a shit? I'd like to see Ben get another ring. I hope it happens. Beyond that... I don't particularly care. 

If Ben is still somehow playing, probably. Otherwise... probably not. 

I expect him to be as good or better than last year (which was pretty damn good). I hope he doesn't fall prey to "diva-dom" the way so many other prominent young players have in recent years. We'll see. 
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

07-08-2019, 10:05 PM

Quickly stepping away. Exploded salaries and players that only care about themselves ruined it for me. Rather watch college and even high school football than the NFL. If I wasn't such a fan of the Steelers I'd never waste my time even watching the NFL. If Bell and Brown were still on the team I think I'd step away from even watching Steelers games. I have new hope for the team getting back to the way they used to be without them but I am not holding my breath....a couple games into the season will tell.
 Last Superbowl I watched was the last time we were there. and the next on I watch is when the Steelers go back.

NFL is not going anywhere and will continue to be a money hungry business. It's unfortunate that there are not any other leagues to compete and push them to be better for us fans.

Depends on the type of players the Steelers field.

F@CK social media period. Part of the reason the NFL and it's players are the way they are today.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

07-09-2019, 12:45 AM

I've already stepped away to some extent. Don't buy tickets or nfl/team products. The kapernick crap was a major part of my decision. He and the rest of the social justice fools will never get my support. The selfish approach of bell and brown, and lack of management by Tomlin, added fuel to my desire to back away.

I've always been a Ben fan. He should be a first ballot HOFer. Not so much with Tomlin. I believe Tomlin has under performed the talent on this team. Although he's never had a losing season. The standard is the standard I guess for some who still support him.

Injuries always seem to dictate success over a 16 game season and when the payoffs are reached. If a team is fortunate in that area the W's seem to happen.

I live in SEC country so high quality football is readily available. Watched the HS game when my son played but that's been over for some time now. If the Steeler game is on TV I will record it, watch in 90 minutes, skip all the commercials and do something productive with the time saved. If it's not, the golf course or beach or a project will suffice.

If these players, like those racist idiots in the nba, suggest the word owner is offensive I will stop watching all together. Not that it will mean much to the Rooney clan or the nfl. They don't get a nickel from me these days. Pretty sad for a fan who held season tickets for more than a decade. Those were great days with the chief, Noll, Cowher and the teams they built and ran.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

07-09-2019, 02:59 AM

How well will the Steelers play this season?   I look for man AFCG championship game with the Chiefs at a minimum, a Super Bowl appearance would not surprise me either. This is a nice team with a good mixture of vets and hungry young players. Good team chemistry that was brutalized during the off-season. I look for a professional, workman like season. Of course we can never factor in injuries and piss-poor officiating.

Are you set back from NFL football and > slowly stepping away? Stepping away, I'll probably always follow the Steelers to a point, but I can remember times I ate, lived, and breathed them. Life has changed and family time is much more important to me.

Whats the future of the NFL? More protests, softer players, and rule changes will make the game unrecognizable in 5 to 10 years.

Will you be watching football 5 years from now? Probably Steelers only, on prime time.

Will Ju Ju be better this year? Or worse with his social media hype crap? He's a stud, but I hope he keeps his head on straight. So far he has all the makings of a Steeler great, but so dId Brown and Bell.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2019, 08:26 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)