Just Cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-25-2019, 06:38 AM

As part of my ongoing NFL detox plan, I just cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket. This is a BIG step for me.

I swore off buying any clothing or collectibles when the kneeling during the Anthem fiasco started and I've stuck to my guns there. Now, they're no longer getting my money to watch their watered-down product. 

I acknowledge that I'm not strong enough (yet) to stop watching altogether... but that day is coming. 

Still very pissed and frustrated about them pulling down all of our classic games. Not surprised by it, of course... but incredibly pissed nonetheless. I've been unable to find an affordable way to make it happen, so it's ultimately going to lead to the demise of this site as well. 

Thanks for ruining a good thing on just about every imaginable level, Roger Goodell.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

07-25-2019, 08:46 AM

Never had the ticket. Already stopped buying any nfl products. Might watch a Steeler game at the local but that's about it. If I do watch a game at home I dvr it and slip through all commercials.

kapernick, social justice fools and management, league and team, have moved me to this.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

07-25-2019, 10:29 AM

Tim,

Totally understand, but I got to be honest with you, I’m really going to miss the place when it shuts down.

Like you, I’m just not into this league anymore. Seems more and more it’s about the public relations, and selling ad space than the game itself. Really makes you wonder when a horrifically blown call ( New Orleans vs the Rams AFCCG for instance) happens when a team doesn’t have the proper Q rating for a Super Bowl appearance.

I guess I’ll still follow the Steelers until maybe the year after Ben Retires, but the league as a whole? Screw ‘em!

I still paid for game rewind so I can watch the games minus the commercials and most of the play by play blather. But me sitting down for 3 1/2 hours to watch a game on network tv, not a chance.
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

07-25-2019, 09:18 PM

I cancelled years ago and I find live streams online and watch all the games for free including preseason games, if the games are not locally televised. Still watch them on the big screen by hooking up laptop to tv.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

07-25-2019, 10:50 PM

Do you use the same link every time? Or do you search for a new one each week? I'm looking for a way to stream it.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

07-26-2019, 03:31 AM

I cancelled my ticket a year ago. I'll watch the Steelers on prime time but my Sunday afternoons are now for family and the beautiful weather.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

07-26-2019, 06:28 AM

Why not simply put the games up on the YouTube account you already have for as long as the NFL lets you, Tim? It's the simplest way for most of us to see your collection, and you can open new accounts if you get zapped.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-26-2019, 07:16 AM

(07-26-2019, 06:28 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Why not simply put the games up on the YouTube account you already have for as long as the NFL lets you, Tim? It's the simplest way for most of us to see your collection, and you can open new accounts if you get zapped.

The majority of the games I've uploaded get blocked before they're ever viewed by even one person. YouTube uses an algorithm to spot certain audio and video content automatically. As a result, I have dozens and dozens of games there that haven't been visible to anyone but me since the moment I uploaded them. 

It's a mystery why/how some games escape the evil clutches of the NFL and remain on YouTube. I'm glad they do. But certain games (for example, the '78 AFC Championship) are instantly blocked. Even shorter clips from that particular game instantly get nixed. Very frustrating.