Flaming Thumbtacks - preseason game #3
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

08-27-2019, 12:40 AM

Admittedly I only watched the first half and have been watching a few clips this morning but the boys looked in mid-season form. Ben shook off some rust and started hitting his WRs in stride (especially JJSS). Chicon looked good and didn't fumble and is the man (at least to start the season). He ran with authority and vision. JaSam is starting to look like quite the find and is the perfect compliment to ChiCon. It's yet to be seen if Tomlin can learn to use "RB by Committee" instead of "running the wheels" off ChiCon. 

The WR group is slowing starting to separate itself and it appears Washington will be a solid #3, if not #2. Man this guy is redeeming himself in a huge way. I was very disappointed in seeing Vanamal drop 2 passes, this needs to be corrected ASAP. We're still thin at TE, but as the saying goes, it is what it is. 

What can I say about the defense. They look like starved animals out there. They are attacking from all angels and showing desire. Once Haden is back the starting CB tandem will be just finds. Edmunds is showing a big leap from his rookie season to now. let's hope he keeps progresses. 

Bud Dupree is showing signs of life and Barron is an excellent pick-up. I haven't been this excited over a defense in years. 

Boz is splitting the uprights and Berry is placing the punts inside the 20. The only concern I have is Bush left early again. Is his size going to be a problem with injuries???

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

08-27-2019, 10:12 AM

LB Tuzar Skipper looked good. According to Collinsworth He's been doing that all pre-season. Maybe Special Teams or practice squad?
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

08-28-2019, 04:24 AM

I think Skipper may make the roster. If he goes to the PS some other team will take him. I think Ola starts the season on the 8-week IR list.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

08-31-2019, 11:58 AM

I think Skipper will make the 53, but will be on special teams and not see much action at OLB, unless somebody gets hurt. They haven’t to this point used Ola on special teams. These two are going to fight it out for DuPree’s position next year when the Bud leave for greener pastures. Should be quite a battle.

Speaking of Ola, you do realize that he does not play special teams, or is not exactly a shutdown LB in pass coverage, and not real stout against the run?.. and just how many reps did this kid get against #1 tackles that are not Steelers?

I’m not saying the guy is a waste, but I’d temper those expectations....