brown signs with the pats
sandfan
Hall of Famer

09-08-2019, 07:17 AM

One year deal.  Won't play this week.  If they can control him it's likely to mean another Lombardi.  Hate to say it but teaming him with Brady is likely to be tough for any team to overcome.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-08-2019, 07:30 AM

What a surprise... the end game finally arrives...
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

09-08-2019, 07:55 AM

Predicted it as soon as the current issues started in Oaktown... Ugh!!
AB wins again!
Edit to add:  Gordon, Edelman, and now... Brown... With Brady feeding them... Unstopable... This really SUCKS!!!
Nice job, Mayock... Guess you really showed him who’s boss ?
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 08:05 AM by bbbooger.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-08-2019, 08:12 AM

Diva WR's don't = Lombardi Trophies. Ask Randy Moss. Ask Terrell Owens. 

Beyond that... it's just so gross.  Sick So icky. So slimy. 

I think the NFL has a real problem when contracts don't mean anything anymore. Leave it to the Patriots to pick up this weirdo. Once again, so slimy. And not even slightly surprising once you get beyond AB's seemingly bizarre behavior and consider what really just happened here. 

Yet another reason to hate the current NFL. Of course, I love what the NFL used to be. But this nonsense is an extension of why I cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket. The league has become garbage. My love for the game will keep me watching a little bit longer -- at least until Ben retires, I suppose. I can't quite bring myself to quit cold turkey yet. But watching a guy like AB get rewarded for dumping on everyone around him is disgusting. It goes against my nature to hope for anyone to fail, but... I definitely don't wish AB success.

I hope his cancer infects and ravages the Patriots.
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

09-08-2019, 08:34 AM

I wish that too, but the organization is too strong to let that happen. This pretty much guarantees 7 in my book. Pro sports are becoming a real joke. The inmates really do run the asylum ?
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

09-08-2019, 09:18 AM

Well, Big Chesty can't keep his damn mouth shut and has recorded every Head Coach he's played for.   Blatant disregard for authority.

Belichick is supposed to be a disciplinarian.

Brady's the big man on campus and distributes the ball around, and love him some Julian Edelman.   J Gordon is enough of a headcase.

.....and WHO thinks this is going to go smoothly?
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

09-08-2019, 10:17 AM

(09-08-2019, 09:18 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: Well, Big Chesty can't keep his damn mouth shut and has recorded every Head Coach he's played for.   Blatant disregard for authority.

Brady's the big man on campus and distributes the ball around, and love him some Julian Edelman.   J Gordon is enough of a headcase.

'M Pax 

Hate to say it... And very-much hope I'm wrong... But, me... ?

The NFL has officially become a complete clown-show with Beli-cheat as the ringmaster,  I just can't allow myself to care anymore.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 10:22 AM by bbbooger.)
Barney
Hall of Famer

09-08-2019, 01:00 PM

It's going to be interesting the first time he tries to throw shade at TB. He went from HoF QB to arguably the GOAT at QB.

It seems to me he's either nuts, which is what I personally believe at this point, or he had a change in heart regarding perusing money or hardware and all the antics were just that to escape the Oakland contract.
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

09-09-2019, 12:24 AM

(09-08-2019, 10:17 AM)bbbooger Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 09:18 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: Well, Big Chesty can't keep his damn mouth shut and has recorded every Head Coach he's played for.   Blatant disregard for authority.

'M Pax 

Hate to say it... And very-much hope I'm wrong... But, me... ?

The NFL has officially become a complete clown-show with Beli-cheat as the ringmaster,  I just can't allow myself to care anymore.

You have a VERY VALID point - and I'm sure AB is making a nice little 'bonus' by stating everything he knows about the Steelers.

....but at some point, Karma is going to make an appearance.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

09-09-2019, 04:01 AM

Report coming out today > Brown sought help with social media experts on how and what to post to piss the Raiders off. He's wanted to be
released from day #1 This was all an act to get released. That's why he missed practices and made excuses for the Helmet garbage.
I dont know what to believe anymore... Is he mental? Or all an act to get what he wants?
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-09-2019, 07:02 AM

(09-09-2019, 04:01 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: Report coming out today >  Brown sought help with social media experts on how and what to post to piss the Raiders off. He's wanted to be
 released from day #1  This was all an act to get released. That's why he missed practices and made excuses for the Helmet garbage.
 I dont know what to believe anymore... Is he mental? Or all an act to get what he wants?

All by design. He knew the Steelers were not about to trade him to the Pats, so...

I’m trying to understand the lack of outrage over this. The fact that it was literally minutes from the time he was released by the Raiders, he has a signed deal with the Pats. How can this possibly be done without some sort of collusion and or player tampering. We are talking about pages of a personal performance contract that needed to be vetted, or at least should have, and it dang well would have been  if I was giving up $35 million dollars guaranteed for $9,000,000. 

A reporter from USA Today covering the story ends it with tacit approval ending it with, “This should be fun”.