This sums up Mike Tomlin's capibility in a nut shell
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-13-2019, 09:13 AM

Saw this on another board and dam it's pretty pathetic when it's laid out:

One of the benefits of it being 2019 is that I don’t need you to trust my recollection of it. The play by play box score will take care of it for me. Maybe if we were having this argument back in the day you’d get lucky that nobody had a newspaper laying around from that following Monday.

No such luck for you today.

Derek Carr completes a pass from Steelers 46 down to the the 7 yard line. There was 1:59 on the clock when that play started. We had a 4 point lead at 21-17 and two time outs in pocket.

Being it was inside two minutes and down 4, the Raiders only shot was scoring a TD. It was also in their best interest to bleed clock to not give Ben the ball back with time left as all we would need would be a FG to send to OT.

Did we call TO after the long play? Nope. Let clock run down to 1:16.

On first and goal from the 7 the Raiders run it for 1 yard. Did we stop clock after this play?

Nope. Let the clock tick down to :34 seconds left.

Raiders pass incomplete on 2nd down. Clock at :30.

Raiders pass incomplete on 3rd down. Clock at :25.

Then, with the clock ALREADY STOPPED, Tomlin decides to use a TO after the play clock expires. Guess he needed more time to set his defense for the 4th down play coming. But also gave the Raiders a freebie as they also had more time to choose the right play.

They guessed better than we did. TD with only 21 ticks left on the clock.

We only get into FG range to even try the last second kick because a short pass to Washington was lateraled to JuJu who took it 48 yards.

Then Tomlin rushes his FG unit in the field where Boswell slips and misses the kick.

TO still in pocket.

43 seconds were allowed to expire off the clock after the long pass that took them down to the 7.

Take a peek at how much time ticked off the clock after the 1 yard run on first down.

Steelers could have had the ball back with more time. Enough to try to get into FG range.

Saving clock was our only chance if the D wasn’t able to stop them. Not stopping clock was not putting Raiders under time pressure because they had their own TO in pocket.

Now we can be done because there is no counter to the facts I’ve laid out and no defense of him not calling those time outs. Shit, the one he actually did use he chose to use AFTER the clock was already stopped due to incomplete pass.

He is seriously out of his depth. Much like you in this debate.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

09-13-2019, 09:46 AM

Yup... Thats it... Pretty-much encapsulates the entirety of my posts about Coach Sound-Bite throughout the course of the last 2-plus seasons. Dude is seriously over his head and the longer it goes the more obvious it becomes. No longer has a parcel of former HCs to cover his ineptitude and it shows... Lets get this season over-with and let the rebuilding begin in earnest!!
sandfan
Hall of Famer

09-13-2019, 10:03 AM

At least the series did not involve a failed challenge. At least there's that. And that he's never had a losing season. The standard is the standard!
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

09-13-2019, 10:07 AM

(09-13-2019, 10:03 AM)sandfan Wrote: At least the series did not involve a failed challenge.  At least there's that.  And that he's never had a losing season.  The standard is the standard!

Yes... Yes it is! Rockon
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 10:09 AM by bbbooger.)