Statement from Ben Roethlisberger
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-17-2019, 08:37 AM

Statement from Ben Roethlisberger:

I’ve been informed that I need season ending surgery on my elbow to continue playing football at the level I expect. This is shocking and heartbreaking for me, to miss this much of a season and feel like I am letting down so many people. I can only trust God’s plan, but I am completely determined to battle through this challenge and come back stronger than ever next season. The Steelers committed three years to me this offseason and I fully intend to honor my contract and reward them with championship level play. I will do all I can to support Mason and the team this season to help win games. I love this game, my teammates, the Steelers organization and fans, and I feel in my heart I have a lot left to give.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-17-2019, 08:44 AM

First class, all the way. I expect Ben will do everything humanly possible to return, but ultimeately we all live by God's plan for us.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-17-2019, 09:01 AM

The whole thing just makes me sad. Flashing back to when Bradshaw's elbow ended his career when I was a kid. Eerily similar. 

Godspeed, Ben. Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.  Pi_clover Thumbsup
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-17-2019, 09:08 AM

Same as when Ben replaced Maddox.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-17-2019, 10:57 AM

(09-17-2019, 09:01 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: The whole thing just makes me sad. Flashing back to when Bradshaw's elbow ended his career when I was a kid. Eerily similar. 

Godspeed, Ben. Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.  Pi_clover Thumbsup

I watched Ben's last game on this site.  YOu are correct it is very similar