We’re Still Playing For 2019
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

09-17-2019, 10:24 PM

[Image: Mason-Rudolph-celebrate-1.jpg]

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/steelers-send-clear-message-were-still-playing-for-2019/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Quote:Trading away a first-round draft pick, even for a first-round talent such as Fitzpatrick, is what that is confirming. Trading away Joshua Dobbs the week before that was another clear endorsement of their long-term belief in what Rudolph is and can be in the future.

But the bottom line through everything that went down yesterday is this: the Steelers are still going for it in 2019. They’re not packing their bags and planning for next year, when they expect to have Roethlisberger back. Whatever happens this year, it won’t be the result of them not trying.

Below I posted this in the, "Ben out for year. Needs season ending surgery" topic and thought I should start a new thread:

(Now if that picture above don't light your fire, i don't know what will!)

I was reading cases of athletes coming back from Tommy John surgery looking stronger and better than prior to.

This might be a win/win situation. Mason gets valuable real game reps for a season and still make a playoff run and the team can evaluate the future at QB....Ben comes back and finishes out his career strong while the front office continues to strengthen the rest of the roster with Fitzpatrick being the start of it all. 

Not holding my breath but I'm hoping this injury lit a fire in the coaching staff and gave them an "Oh Shit" moment knowing that it's time to work a little harder on their end and not just rely (hope) Ben bails out their poor game planning. If this does not happen then we can only hope that Rooney has the balls to finally cut ties with the coaching staff and goes into total rebuild with a new coaching regime. 

Every one here can choose to cry that the season is over after ONLY two games but I will not go down without fighting and staying positive. Did any of you bail when Maddox went down and a young unproven QB from Miami of Ohio was forced into action sooner than expected??
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:26 PM by Noll and Cowher teams no more.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-18-2019, 01:03 AM

(09-17-2019, 10:24 PM)Noll and Cowher teams no more Wrote: [Image: Mason-Rudolph-celebrate-1.jpg]

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/steelers-send-clear-message-were-still-playing-for-2019/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Quote:Trading away a first-round draft pick, even for a first-round talent such as Fitzpatrick, is what that is confirming. Trading away Joshua Dobbs the week before that was another clear endorsement of their long-term belief in what Rudolph is and can be in the future.

But the bottom line through everything that went down yesterday is this: the Steelers are still going for it in 2019. They’re not packing their bags and planning for next year, when they expect to have Roethlisberger back. Whatever happens this year, it won’t be the result of them not trying.

Below I posted this in the, "Ben out for year. Needs season ending surgery" topic and thought I should start a new thread:

(Now if that picture above don't light your fire, i don't know what will!)

I was reading cases of athletes coming back from Tommy John surgery looking stronger and better than prior to.

This might be a win/win situation. Mason gets valuable real game reps for a season and still make a playoff run and the team can evaluate the future at QB....Ben comes back and finishes out his career strong while the front office continues to strengthen the rest of the roster with Fitzpatrick being the start of it all. 

Not holding my breath but I'm hoping this injury lit a fire in the coaching staff and gave them an "Oh Shit" moment knowing that it's time to work a little harder on their end and not just rely (hope) Ben bails out their poor game planning. If this does not happen then we can only hope that Rooney has the balls to finally cut ties with the coaching staff and goes into total rebuild with a new coaching regime. 

Every one here can choose to cry that the season is over after ONLY two games but I will not go down without fighting and staying positive. Did any of you bail when Maddox went down and a young unproven QB from Miami of Ohio was forced into action sooner than expected??

I have no trust in Tomlin and his coaches at this point.  I fully expect to be 0-3 after Sunday.  Trips to the west coast have been brutal for the steelers lately.  San Fran is hitting on all cylinders and looks to be making a run while we are headed in the opposite direction.  Let's hope I'm wrong