Bradley...?
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

09-19-2019, 12:42 AM

Not much has been said about Tom Bradley's work since he came aboard to replace Lake.  When he was brought in he was said to be strong on fundamentals and an excellent "teacher".  To my eye the DBs have regressed under his watch, rather than improved.  It now appears to me that Lake got far more from the "talent" (using term loosely...) he had to work with than he received credit for.  Thoughts?
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-19-2019, 01:14 AM

I'm not a big fan of anyone on this coaching staff. Until they show me something different I'll keep that as my opinion.

I may be wrong but the last 8 #1 draft picks have been on the defensive side of the ball. Most were busts and I see this "bend but don't break, tackle the catch philosophy severely outdated in the pin-ball style offense of the NFL. Unless something changes soon the entire staff needs to go.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-19-2019, 12:17 PM

(09-19-2019, 01:14 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: I'm not a big fan of anyone on this coaching staff. Until they show me something different I'll keep that as my opinion.

I may be wrong but the last 8 #1 draft picks have been on the defensive side of the ball. Most were busts and I see this "bend but don't break, tackle the catch philosophy severely outdated in the pin-ball style offense of the NFL. Unless something changes soon the entire staff needs to go.

With the signing of Fitzpatrick, we have 10 first round draft picks playing on defense. It’s not the talent.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 12:18 PM by dbsfgyd1.)
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-19-2019, 02:24 PM

(09-19-2019, 12:17 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 01:14 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: I'm not a big fan of anyone on this coaching staff. Until they show me something different I'll keep that as my opinion.

With the signing of Fitzpatrick, we have 10 first round draft picks playing on defense. It’s not the talent.

Didn't see last week's game but read report that Watt (wearing green-dot helmet) constantly had his hands up calling for the defensive play from the coaches be relayed in. If true piss poor and an acceptable from an NFL coaching staff. 

Week after week we hear of communication issues with this squad. Time to get this fixed.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-21-2019, 09:39 AM

Week after week??? It’s been YEAR after year.....