Steve Smith said the Steelers should bring back Brown
sandfan
Hall of Famer

09-28-2019, 06:35 AM

I could not imagine a stranger continuation of the circus that has unfolded over the past year.  For me it would be interesting as a non Tomlin supporter, however.

Tomlin's lack of management skill played a major role in the loss of Bell and Brown.  That' just an opinion since I have no direct knowledge of how those scenarios played out.  Now that Ben has gone down some feel he has a free ride into future years as the head coach.  I cannot get behind that notion.  It appears the front office has taken shots at saving this season via draft choice trades thereby, at least in my view, insuring the heat should stay on Tomlin to get this squad to perform.   

This team does not have the cap space to bring Brown back should they be of a mind to do so.  He may not get a pass from the commish to play this year although, considering the way the league is being run, I would bet against a permanent ban.  Why Smith would promote such a story smacks more of self promotion than sanity.  Although Smith occasionally states a liking for the Steelers beyond what a typical network guy might do.  

One rather off the wall way to look at this might be that bringing Brown back would provide the ultimate test for Tomlin to stay in his job.  If only for that reason I'd like to see it happen.  In spite of the angst and discourse it would bring.  Yes, it would be great to see a winning team this year but I'm not sure that's a likely situation.  With or without Brown and the coaching mastery of Mr. Tomlin.

My fear is some coordinators will be shown the door even though some of them deserve that fate, "obviously", and Tomlin will skate on as a coach who only had a losing season because others were to blame.  UGH!
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

09-28-2019, 10:05 PM

Keep in mind. The Rooney's only gave Tomlin a 1 year extension. They could be getting tired of this. Even with Ben out. A good coach will find a way to at least win some games with the starters we have. Last weeks play calling sucked big time!

Clock management sucked again! Classic "Tomlinism" When Ben Comes back, it would be a miracle if they clean house. Ben comes back to a new system and new slate with a coach and coordinators to do things the rite way. And with A.B. Throwing

Ben under the bus, re-posting his rape article / Twitting arguments with other NFL PLAYERS. I don't see anyway in Hell or reason for the Steelers to bring that piece of $7#%! back. That's just crazy! He is his own enemy....
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-29-2019, 12:52 AM

Steve Smith is obviously so desperate to get his name mentioned that he's resorted to spouting complete nonsense. Eyes There is ZERO chance of the Steelers bringing Brown back. ZERO. I can feel my IQ dropping just talking about it.
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

09-29-2019, 06:57 AM

No.

Just - no
Krunch
Hall of Famer

09-29-2019, 10:56 PM

[Image: 1d9f4632d0880f7ede8a5d4a5373d4ea.jpeg]

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
bksteeler
All Pro Veteran

09-29-2019, 11:16 PM

(09-29-2019, 12:52 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Steve Smith is obviously so desperate to get his name mentioned that he's resorted to spouting complete nonsense. Eyes There is ZERO chance of the Steelers bringing Brown back. ZERO. I can feel my IQ dropping just talking about it.

Just to be clear, that was Stephen A. Smith from First Take, not Steve Smith, former Panther and Ravens receiver. He did say that it would take a lot of contrition and humility on the part of Brown for it to happen, and Smith said Brown would almost certainly never do that. But if he somehow miraculously came to his sense, Brown "owed" the Steelers.

Still, even with all the context, a pretty ridiculous take.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

09-30-2019, 02:35 AM

...  Steven A Smith is on the crack Pipe > >
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 02:36 AM by Cali-Steeler.)
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

10-01-2019, 03:15 AM

I certainly hope A-B gets his life in order but I don't think we would want him back. Time to move forward.

I'd like to see an NFL ex-player step in before something terrible happens. Someone like a Chris Carter type.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 03:16 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)