the rook came in and played great. played great. ju ju gives the season away
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2019, 06:26 AM

See ya next year
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-07-2019, 06:26 AM

Fucking Juju. I don't want to be tto hard on him, but man... you can't fumble that ball.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-07-2019, 06:27 AM

Season over. You have to wonder what might've happened had we removed those stupid fucking wildcat plays from the playbook.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-07-2019, 06:28 AM

(10-07-2019, 06:26 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Fucking Juju. I don't want to be tto hard on him, but man... you can't fumble that ball.

i got no issue with being hard on him.  He can't be counted on in crunch time.  I can't believe how well Hodges played today
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-07-2019, 06:30 AM

(10-07-2019, 06:28 AM)Rollers Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 06:26 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Fucking Juju. I don't want to be tto hard on him, but man... you can't fumble that ball.

i got no issue with being hard on him.  He can't be counted on in crunch time.  I can't believe how well Hodges played today

Some players are made for big moments, some aren't. So far, Juju isn't.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-07-2019, 06:31 AM

well our season is over. no number one pick next year. nothing.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-07-2019, 06:34 AM

(10-07-2019, 06:31 AM)Rollers Wrote: well our season is over.  no number one pick next year.  nothing.

Yeah, it's pretty mind boggling. Even though I think Fitzpatrick is a quality player, we could be looking at our highest pick in YEARS. The last time we had a team struggling like this, we got Big Ben. This time... we got Minkah Fitzpatrick. Could certainly be worse... but we'll never know what might've been. 

F-ing Steelers... we don't even get to play for a draft pick now.  Eyes
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2019, 06:36 AM

JuJu is talented but he's NOT clutch!  Boy needs to learn its what you do in the 4th quarter ( or in this case OT ) that really defines you!!
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-07-2019, 06:37 AM

Would love to get a big time receiver in free agency.

I don't mean to dis Fitzpatrick. He has already made our defense better.

But with Ben back and hopefully healthy, if we can add a premier WR, we'll be right back in the hunt.

As for this year... is that Don Meredith I hear singing in the distance?
bbbooger
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2019, 06:39 AM

(10-07-2019, 06:37 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Would love to get a big time receiver in free agency.

I don't mean to dis Fitzpatrick. He has already made our defense better.

But with Ben back and hopefully healthy, if we can add a premier WR, we'll be right back in the hunt.

As for this year... is that Don Meredith I hear singing in the distance?

No... He's front and center... Dammit!!
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2019, 06:53 AM

The last person on earth I'm blaming is JuJu. It should never have come down to that, because the offense should have at least vaguely resembled an NFL offense at the beginning of the game. My dad was so disgusted by the wildcat stuff that he turned the game off right after the infamous pass to Samuels, and I couldn't convince him to tune in again until we'd taken the lead. If this is all the confidence that the coaches have in our quarterbacks, then why the hell did we pick Rudolph in the first place? He's the wasted pick that his detractors claim he's been since day one if that's the case, and an extra defensive player or two might have done some good in his place.

Regardless of anything else, Tomlin needs to become more involved in playcalling on both sides of the ball. I've always given him a pass for not being shown on camera with coaching materials in his hands because I figured he might use them when the cameras weren't on, but now he needs to be SHOWN coaching, physically drawing up plays on the whiteboard or punching keys on the tablet to access film. This is particularly true on offense, where Fichtner has all but admitted that without Ben he's often stuck on what to call in a given situation. I have no idea what a Tomlin-coached offense would be like, but we need to find out soon, because what we've got isn't doing one damn bit of good for anyone. Ben needs to be warned now too: unless the team reels off about six or seven in a row to get back into playoff contention, Fichtner's going bye-bye at the end of the season, friend or not. If Ben wants to use that as an excuse to retire, find a free agent quarterback to tide us over until we have enough draft capital to pick one, which may be a few years (though hopefully not twenty-one)

I honestly don't know what to think about the rest of the year. If they have no confidence in Rudolph, they'll have less than none in an undrafted free agent like Hodges or someone they picked up off the street like Paxton Lynch. They don't have enough good picks left to get  a veteran like Eli Manning or Ryan Fitzpatrick even if they wanted to, and they surely don't have enough to trade up to the second or third pick next year to draft one. This makes it rough for those who think Tomlin ought to be fired; most coaches with desirable resumes won't come without either an established veteran franchise quarterback or a chance to develop a top five rookie. With Ben coming off of an injury and nothing behind him at the moment that the coaches truly want anything to do with, we may be in for a lull similar to that of the mid-eighties, if not worse.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 07:03 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

10-07-2019, 07:01 AM

Fu%$#g Pissed off.... The last field goal seems they were playing for the field goal and not trying to make first down... Total Tomlin Turtle Mode... 7 Points on the last regulation time and this game might have been over.

Clock management before the half sucked. Play calling sucked. BEING 1-4 Sucks! I HATE, HATE, HATE Tomlin... There's nothing more to get excited about. Fu##$#$$$! F%$$#@@!
sandfan
Hall of Famer

10-07-2019, 07:20 AM

A Tomlin coached offense? A Tomlin coached defense? A Tomlin coached team. All the same. Dingus leadership. I did not like the hire at the beginning. I don't like it now. Don't see why anyone can really support the entire coaching staff.

Tomlin under performed the talent on this team. He seems to not have the coaching skills to take advantage of what he's had for more than a decade. He hires the rest of the staff. Can't see much progress there. They are all his boys (sorry if that offends but I think some of the staff are caucasians so it should be all good for our less tolerant fans) and the buck has to stop with him. Tomlin did not have the management skill to handle Bell and Brown. However, with Brown maybe no one can handle that fool. None the less the team lost 2 very valuable assets and the product on the field reflects that.

I fear the team traded a number one that might just end up in the top 10 if not the top 5. Was that an attempt to salvage a season? If so, I'm not sure it was prudent considering what has unfolded since the deal went down. Saving Tomlin's job should be irrelevant if ownership thinks he's more than a dingus. What has happened since then is just plain bad luck or a result of a poor decision. It's 50/50 in my book.

The ruffing the passer call was complete BS and maybe was the straw that broke the team's back. My goodness Lambert was ahead of his time. They really do need to put skirts on the QBs. How sad is that? About as sad as Pittsburgh's new standard with dingus.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2019, 07:47 AM

Who else is going to do it? It's not like anybody's losing their jobs until the Monday after the season; with New England the only real blowout and Ben gone for the year, Art has a reason, good or not, to keep the coaching staff intact. But if Fichtner's showing that he's incapable, as I believe he is, someone has to take over the day-to-day playcalling, or at least heavily influence it, and that someone already has to be on staff. Ray Sherman, maybe?
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 07:48 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
Barney
Hall of Famer

10-07-2019, 08:09 AM

I know everyone's mojo is super low at this point but we have a few things going for us:

1. We're playing in the AFC North
     2  We're only 2 games out of 1st place with 11 left to play
     3. Our guys really played their guts out
     4. Our team is resilient - (Bad Wildcat play call, Bad roughing the passer call, 2nd string QB KO'd,
         bad execution with securing the football... again)

I feel like we're still in this thing. If our loss had been a blowout or if we played flat I'd be more concerned, but we showed heart and moxie. Honestly, we should have won that game!

More importantly this team wants to win! We're not the Dolphins! Is it going to be a pretty season... no... but I don't believe we're a top 5 draft pick team either. Can we overcome the Dingus?  I think so!

Here We Go Steelers... Here We Go!
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 10:55 AM by Barney.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-07-2019, 08:14 AM

(10-07-2019, 08:09 AM)Barney Wrote: I know everyone's mojo is super low at this point but we have a few things going for us:

1. We're playing in the AFC North
     2  We're only 2 games out of 1st place with 12 left to play
     3. Our guys really played their guts out
     4. Our team is resilient - (Bad Wildcat play call, Bad roughing the passer call, 2nd string QB KO'd,
         bad execution with securing the football... again)

I feel like we're still in this thing. If our loss had been a blowout or if we played flat I'd be more concerned, but we showed heart and moxie. Honestly, we should have won that game!

More importantly this team wants to win! We're not the Dolphins! Is it going to be a pretty season... no... but I don't believe we're a top 5 draft pick team either. Can we overcome the Dingus?  I think so!

Here We Go Steelers... Here We Go!
The Dingus will accept your challenge and prove you wrong
Rollers
Hall of Famer

10-07-2019, 08:19 AM

I thought Mason had gotten kilt out there. scary