1981 Steelers 26 vs Oilers 13 MNF
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

05-24-2017, 08:59 PM

1981 Steelers 26 vs Oilers 13 MNF

Pittsburgh is all over Houston like a cheap suit on a rainy Monday Night. In spite of out-gaining the Oilers 228-88 in the 1st half, a host of Steeler miscues (MORE missed PATs by David Trout and numerous drops by Jim Smith, including a PERFECT 50-yd bomb that hits him in stride in the end zone for a sure TD) keep Oilers in game, allowing them to tie it up 13-13 in the 4th. But Franco takes command late in the game, breaking a 35-yd run to set up the go-ahead TD, then punches it in for another TD moments later following a Johnson Int to seal it. 
Unregistered

05-25-2017, 07:57 PM

I like this scrambling version of Bradshaw we saw in '81. He has the speed and agility, and like Montana, could really turn a bad play into a good one by just turning up the field. I would have liked him to have used it more. It really frustrates the defense and keeps them off balance.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

05-25-2017, 11:41 PM

(05-25-2017, 07:57 PM)Guest Wrote: I like this scrambling version of Bradshaw we saw in '81. He has the speed and agility, and like Montana, could really turn a bad play into a good one by just turning up the field. I would have liked him to have used it more. It really frustrates the defense and keeps them off balance.

Terry was a bull. There's a Bradshaw run at the 78:29 mark of Super Bowl IX that's just crazy. It's the last play of the half and Terry scrambles, ultimately hitting a pile of about four Vikings and he somehow comes out the other side and keeps running. For some reason, the refs blew the whistle when Terry hit the pile, apparently thinking there was no way he as going to come out of that mess... and he was already out the other side running downfield. It's a shame, because the play had potential to score. Bradshaw just spikes the ball in disgust and heads to the locker room. 

Check out the 78:29 mark to see the run: Super Bowl IX Steelers 16 vs Vikings 6