Defense, Tomlin, Rudolph, and a Duck
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

11-26-2019, 01:19 AM

Greetings all! 

Just pondering some points from the week-end's games. Is it me or are defense's catching up to the pinball era offense of today. Seems like some teams (Cheatriots***, 49ers, Steelers, Cowboys, Seahwaks) have put together solid defenses. I still believe defense wins you championships. I really like what the 49ers have done in a few short years. Seems to me the D-backs are learning to play the ball a bit better. 

Tom Brady - Oh, the ball deflating master didn't look his regular cheating self yesterday. Is it possible Father Time is catching up to him? 

Mason Rudolph - I am a big Mason Rudolph fan but it was very evident it was time for a QB switch yesterday. I still haven't given up on him completely but the change was needed. I'm not sure what the problem, the earlier knock-out, the episode with Cleveland, or the false accusations but something is in his head. He is checking down much to early and not sliding in the pocket. Also, Garrett has made him a "marked-man" in the league. He was getting "bumps" and "shots" from the Bengals yesterday. You can survive just about anything in the "Good 'Ol USA", but get branded a racist and you are damaged goods (whether it's true or not). It will do him good in the long run to be shut down. If we fall out of the hunt I wouldn't mind giving Paxton a "look see". Duck isn't the future but right now he's the best option. 

Tomlin - We've all been rough on him but for the most part this might be his best year coaching. He may be "Coach of the Year" but probably won't get it. He's done his best job to date, no doubt. 

C-town

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

11-26-2019, 07:23 AM

(11-26-2019, 01:19 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Tomlin - We've all been rough on him but for the most part this might be his best year coaching. He may be "Coach of the Year" but probably won't get it. He's done his best job to date, no doubt. 

Waaaaaay too soon for any "Coach of the Year" talk... but so far, this has been Tomlin's best year of coaching by a Terry Bradshaw country mile. 

While I commend him on getting what appears to be a 3-8 team to a 6-5 record thus far, there's really no pressure. I've said it before, I'll say it again: it's a season without expectation. We've already won as many games as I expected we'd win all year. That in itself got me to remove the "fire Tomlin" propaganda from the homepage of this site. It will be interesting to see how far he can guide this team. A playoff berth would be near-miraculous. 

But I haven't taken my eye off the goal of another Super Bowl win. Next year, we get Ben back, and the standard will once again be a Championship. The pressure will be on, not just for a winning record, but for another Ring.

Hopefully, Tomlin is able to continue getting this team to find ways to win. He's done an impressive job in the face of ridiculous adversity this year. Provided the team doesn't suddenly collapse and lose out, it's time for me to eat a huge, heaping plate of crow. 

Until next year...  Pi_bigsmile
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

11-26-2019, 08:14 AM

(11-26-2019, 07:23 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Waaaaaay too soon for any "Coach of the Year" talk... but so far, this has been Tomlin's best year of coaching by a Terry Bradshaw country mile. 
Bradshaw Country mile.
Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll

Next - Minkah, #39!
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

11-27-2019, 12:52 AM

You can only hope one of these young players seizes the opportunity at hand. I guess White and Cain didn't look too bad. Maybe they stick around.

Looks like Connor is out another week at least. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go to IR.

Next - Minkah, #39!