Has Devlin Hodges done...
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-09-2019, 11:47 PM

Has Devlin "Duck" Hodges done something that has never been achieved before and likely won't again? 

As an unsigned UDFA QB in consecutive weeks he has out-dueled the overall #1 pick from 2018 (Mayfield-Heisman) and 2019 (Murray-Heisman). 

Pretty amazing if you ask me. 

C-town

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-10-2019, 03:47 PM

(12-09-2019, 11:47 PM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Has Devlin "Duck" Hodges done something that has never been achieved before and likely won't again? 

As an unsigned UDFA QB in consecutive weeks he has out-dueled the overall #1 pick from 2018 (Mayfield-Heisman) and 2019 (Murray-Heisman). 

Pretty amazing if you ask me. 

C-town

Duck is playing so phenomenally beyond any reasonable expectations for his pedigree that my brain almost can't process it.  Pi_shocked  He is off the flippin' hook so far!  Rockon

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the guy. Nothing. I'm not saying he's perfect. But he is playing SOOOOO far above expectations that I can't possibly be critical of anything. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it in my entire life. 

How is what he's doing even possible?  Alien
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

12-10-2019, 11:52 PM

He's just one of those guys you can't explain, he just has "it".

"He's as cool as the other side of the pillow."

Fun year no doubt, I'd love to beat the Bills. We have a pretty good record at home in prime-time.

Let's see those terrible towels.

This is reminding me of the year with Coach Noll we started out 0-2 (51-0, 42-10 losses) and made the play-offs.

Let the good times roll!

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 11:53 PM by Chucktownsteeler.)
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

12-11-2019, 10:28 AM

A lot has been mentioned Devlin’s size 6’1” 210lbs. Drew Brees is 6’0” 205lbs. I think Brees put to bed the height issue, not that Duck is in Drew’s class as a QB, but the point is Duck’s lack of height shouldn’t prevent him from being successful as a NFL QB.

What will prevent or limit success is a lack of arm strength. While he has made much progress over the last couple of weeks, and made a few passes I didn’t think he had in him, he’s got a long way to go to be a top flight NFL QB.

It should be interesting how much he will improve over the off season. Actually, it’s been really interesting to see how far he’s come in just a few weeks.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-14-2019, 12:17 PM

(12-11-2019, 10:28 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: A lot has been mentioned Devlin’s size 6’1” 210lbs. Drew Brees is 6’0” 205lbs. I think Brees put to bed the height issue, not that Duck is in Drew’s class as a QB, but the point is Duck’s lack of height shouldn’t prevent him from being successful as a NFL QB.

What will prevent or limit success is a lack of arm strength. While he has made much progress over the last couple of weeks, and made a few passes I didn’t think he had  in him, he’s got a long way to go to be a top flight NFL QB.

It should be interesting how much he will improve over the off season. Actually, it’s been really interesting to see how far he’s come in just a few weeks.

I see no issue with his arm strength at all.   He throws a hard pass when he hast to... I thiinky you are right about the height thing  he ins not bothered by it at all