1986 Steelers 13 vs Bears 33 Preseason
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-04-2020, 12:18 PM

1986 Steelers 13 vs Bears 33 Preseason

The Steelers face the reigning Super Bowl champs in the preseason. Includes color commentary by Hall of Famer Jack Ham, commercials and halftime show. Thanks to Jay Korber for providing us with this game.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

01-19-2020, 10:09 AM

At halftime, Myron Cope joins Stan Savran and Jack Ham to talk about the first half, Lynn Cullen has a feature on William "Refrigerator" Perry's band of cheerleaders, and a "Jack Ham Remembers" segment in which Number 59 interviews Ernie "Fats" Holmes on location in Hollywood. Plus, a news update from Sally Wiggin of WTAE-TV.

A word about the cheerleaders: At the time this was aired, they not only weren't officially sanctioned by the Bears, but they had never even met The Fridge! (I think the Bears still had their own cheerleaders at the time; appropriately enough, they were called the Honey Bears.)
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

01-26-2020, 10:14 AM

Tim,

You forgot to make threads for the Redskina and Cowboys preseason games in '86.

The halftime show in the Washington game includes Myron Cope's comments on the first half, a Lynn Cullen feature on the factory where they made the official NFL football in Ada, Ohio (I don't know if they still do or not), and a "Jack Ham Remembers" segment in which Jack interviews Mike Kruczek at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, where Mike was serving as offensive coordinator. He would eventually be the head coach there once it became a Division I (FBS) program.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2020, 10:16 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-26-2020, 12:20 PM

(01-26-2020, 10:14 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Tim,

You forgot to make threads for the Redskins and Cowboys preseason games in '86.

Just added 'em! I guess I didn't do it because I've been too lazy to write game summaries for most of the preseason games.  Laugh It takes a lot of time to watch the games and write all that stuff, and I just don't have the same passion for the preseason. I do, however, acknowledge that they're an important part of Steeler history in their own way.